Fifa 21 on ps5

I understand if u buy fifa 21 on Ps4, the game transfers over to Ps5 along with ur ultimate team.
Question is, if your on Ps5, and your mates are on Ps4, can you play pro clubs with them and ultimate team with your mates that are still on Ps4.
Or if you upgrade the game to Ps5 are only allowed play fifa21
against people on Ps5.
Not sure if there's any info out there on this.
Cheers

Comments

• ive been hearing for a while now that some multiplayer games on PS5 will be cross gen but not sure about this individual game. i know you want some kind of confirmation but my guess is that FIFA is one of the games that is.
  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional
    My guess, if the game is basically the same then shouldn't be too difficult for them to cross gen but I would also imagine quite a few bugs when it does happen
  • I SiR MartY I
    13722 posts Has That Special Something
    No, you can't play with or against people on old gen.
  • xfarshadx
    35 posts Park Captain
    no FIFA 21 is not cross play. PC only can play vs PC. PS5 only vs PS5 and so on.... The only thing you get on PS5 from PS4 is if you buy the game you get to have it on the new console. You can also transfer points 1 time with some limits. You cannot play FIFA 21 on PS5 vs someone on PS4.
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    No they have answered this question with a definite no, it will not be possible for console generations to play against each other, I plan on getting a series X and apart from the transfer market covering all Xboxs I will only be able to play series x or s players.
  • I have a question. I’m going to buy Fifa 21 on my PS4 and then my brother will download it off my account.
    Will I still be able to download Fifa 21 on the ps5 when I get it? Or will I have to re buy the game on the ps5? I’m just a bit confused because when some one down loads from your account to share the game, you can only make one download
  • RexAnglo1066
    3575 posts National Call-Up
    JackGooner wrote: »
    I have a question. I’m going to buy Fifa 21 on my PS4 and then my brother will download it off my account.
    Will I still be able to download Fifa 21 on the ps5 when I get it? Or will I have to re buy the game on the ps5? I’m just a bit confused because when some one down loads from your account to share the game, you can only make one download

I don't think they are offering upgrades, but your best bet is to Google something like "Fifa 21 next gen upgrade(s)" or something similar.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    edited September 2020
    You get a free upgrade to ps5 version mate if you buy a digital version on ps4.

Whether that means you can game share the new ps5 version ? No idea!
  • Hi there,

I NEED HELP!!

I have a PS5 with FIFA 21 PS5 version and my friend has the same..... He can send me a game invite which works fine.....

When i send him a game invite it says “invitation sent” and “waiting for opponent” but he doesn’t get the invite?

We have both checked all the settings on our PS5’s ie notifications etc and just dont know why its not working?
  • Sadly, not
  • You have to run the PS4 version of the game to do that.I believe you can run the PS4 version of the game on your ps5 and play against PS4 players. I have never tried it though so do some internet search