• iHilarious
    13597 posts Has That Special Something
    I liked Barnett.. solid striker at L2 level at least :lol:
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    Imagine spending 1 million on him :flushed:
  • Hicksy2011
    18939 posts World Class
    I hope everyone has a great season lads, gl to everyone in the lobby!

^
    Starting to get a strand of optimism, guess that’s what happens when we’ve only played twice since March and I forget what it’s actually like
    Still need another CB and a number 10 but we should be able to compete for autos if we can get them
    Think as long as Kenny actually plays them these two new full backs should make a huge difference to our style of play
  • Hicksy2011
    18939 posts World Class
    Football is truly bizarre sometimes, apparently a string of League One and Two teams including Hull want Hackett-Fairchild on loan from us and he’s barely made a match day squad yet 😂😂
    Didn’t realise he was meant to be so good
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    This is actually quite a decent idea, but don't see the Prem teams (including us) effectively turning down free money despite obviously getting so much money to begin with.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Let’s be all be honest about where we think our own club will come:

I’m locking in 14th place in League 1.
  • Hicksy2011
    18939 posts World Class

I’m locking in 6th place in League 1.

• wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited September 2020
    I can't predict higher than 19th while we still have Tim Ream as a starting Centre-Back.

But generally speaking even though I posted one a few pages ago there's no point making a "proper" prediction with a month left of the Transfer Window.
  • Hicksy2011
    18939 posts World Class
    Yeh that’s why I’ve not bothered doing one for league one
    No idea what team Wigan and Charlton in particular are going to wheel out
  • I'm just hoping that we can get a full season done.

If so, hoping for playoffs.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    8th in the Championship.
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Top 6. Probs say 4th.
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    Top 6. Probs say 4th.

• BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Happy new season day boys :kissing_heart:

We all pretend we don’t care at times but we’re all kidding ourselves.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

I’m locking in 14th place in League 1.

In a bizarre turn of pre season optimism I’m going to say 6th. I think the championship is wide open this year and think we’ve recruited alright, so would be disappointed to see us regress.
  • iHilarious
    We’re going up as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ champions
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m gonna say 14th this season, but I am more than happy with 17th or above, it’s all about cementing ourselves in the prem for the next couple of years. We have Fulham, Villa and Leeds in our opening 5 games so need to ensure we get a good start.
  • They Caged Non
    6505 posts Big Money Move
    Sanogo has fallen through thankfully, was never comfortable with signing players like him, another Gestede waiting to happen.
  • AaronMFC
    2389 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ill say we will finish 12th dont see us being in a relegation battle with Warnock but not convinced were good enough to make a play off push after last season and even at the end of the season we got battered in every home game after the restart.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    What absolutely bizarre comments from Joe Bryan. Says City fans used to get on his back because he was only in the team as his dad (a surgeon) saved Gary Johnson's life..

I've literally never, ever heard anyone say anything of the sort. He got stick in the second half of 17/18 for being generally ❤️❤️❤️❤️, but I've never heard anything of the sort that he's saying. Odd comments.
  • dannyboy
    13009 posts Has That Special Something
    See you next year lads
  • iHilarious

Winnall in as expected.. might take a while to get running with no pre-season but if it’s anything like his last L1 season I’ll be very pleased. Don’t think I’ve ever seen KR play 2 up top so I’m intrigued to see how he does it
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    What absolutely bizarre comments from Joe Bryan. Says City fans used to get on his back because he was only in the team as his dad (a surgeon) saved Gary Johnson's life..

I've literally never, ever heard anyone say anything of the sort. He got stick in the second half of 17/18 for being generally ❤️❤️❤️❤️, but I've never heard anything of the sort that he's saying. Odd comments.

Random that like.
  • They Caged Non
    How we all liking the new format from the Premier league/FA whereby Boro are now the curtain raisers for league Football?

Im genuinely worried tonight, all this waffle from Darren Bent about us sneaking promotion and other noise about Watford having 11 players out, got massive Banana skin written all over it.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah there's not a chance I'm watching Watford v Boro. I would if I was in, what with it being the first game of the season, but I'm going out for food.

I bit the bullet and bought a VPN and an annual 'overseas' season pass. I'm getting £16 back per game where fans can't attend for my season ticket. Cost of streaming works out at £2.39 per game, so that'll do nicely
  • They Caged Non
    Yeah there's not a chance I'm watching Watford v Boro. I would if I was in, what with it being the first game of the season, but I'm going out for food.

I bit the bullet and bought a VPN and an annual 'overseas' season pass. I'm getting £16 back per game where fans can't attend for my season ticket. Cost of streaming works out at £2.39 per game, so that'll do nicely

Making the most before the inevitable lockdown kicks in again:)
  • WFCBagnall
    92440 posts Moderator
    I'm going for 5th
  • Jboom98
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect

Everybody misses the fans :disappointed: I can't see them coming back until a vaccine is found I just hope in a years time fans are back but enjoy going out for food @They Caged Non I'll give Watford vs boro a miss as well.
  • They Caged Non
    Jboom98 wrote: »

Everybody misses the fans :disappointed: I can't see them coming back until a vaccine is found I just hope in a years time fans are back but enjoy going out for food @They Caged Non I'll give Watford vs boro a miss as well.

Haha no its Bristol who is out, im 100% in watching the match. And yeah its poor with no fans etc but the Government are already gearing us up nicely for a new lockdown if you watch the news.