Does anyone only play Fifa?

Rossco160715
2638 posts Fans' Favourite
I love football and therefore only play Fifa. I have tried other games but I find them boring.

However Fifa has gradually become more boring and stressful than any other game therefore with the PS5 being released, I’d effectively be paying over £500 for Fifa as it is all I would use it for.

It has made the decision to walk away from the game so much easier. Fifa 20 has been possibly the least enjoyable Fifa of all time for me. Lockdown will skew statistics and EA will no doubt play on these.

Does anyone else only play Fifa and genuinely considering buying a PS5 and Fifa?

Comments

• kokom87
    69 posts Park Captain
    I am also like u. I cant play other games just been playing fifa trying some free games but spent max 1 day and stopped.

I didnt buy fifa 21 but thinking of buying it with ps5
  • EekAlaska
    2954 posts National Call-Up
    You kinda contradict yourself in saying it is the only other game and all other games are boring. I'm kinda in the same boat as it is basically the only game I play, but its not because other games aren't interesting, its because I'm addicted to FUT.

I won't buy 21, and am really going to try and get into some of the 100s of games I have.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    I currently only play FIFA since trying fut in 2017

I do like other games like GTA or Assassin’s Creed but been a while....
  • Habermas
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2020
    I only play Fifa's, I tried that Red Dead redemption, but I found it extremely boring, as you say.
    Nothing gets the adrenaline running like Fifa in my oppinion
  • Bobo23
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    I play FIFA more than anything throughout the year, but I take a few weeks off here and there just to play other games. Otherwise I'd just get burnt out and lose all motivation to play FIFA.

I'm currently not touching FIFA until 21 is released, need to recharge my FIFA batteries.
  • BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does anyone else only play Fifa and genuinely considering buying a PS5 and Fifa?
    That'd be a giant waste. FIFA isn't even a game that makes extensive use of the NextGen graphic/hardware improvements etc. It'd be like buying a Ferrari to only drive in circles in your backyard.
  • Goodgod10
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeh. Not a gamer as such but have always had a football game on the go
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Yeah basically only play Fifa these days, the odd game of Fall Guys. Waiting to see what price the PS5 is but might just take the XBox S to do the job.

EA Play being included with Game Pass Ultimate is a nice bonus.
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    Only Fifa but xbox series x nov 11
  • Ferrari_LFC10
    1101 posts Play-Off Hero
    Besides fifa I play a lot of Rocket League and any Tom Clancy game that comes out, that's about it.
  • EekAlaska
    2954 posts National Call-Up
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    I play FIFA more than anything throughout the year, but I take a few weeks off here and there just to play other games. Otherwise I'd just get burnt out and lose all motivation to play FIFA.

I'm currently not touching FIFA until 21 is released, need to recharge my FIFA batteries.

The guy says ironically as he posts on a FIFA forum...
  • Bobo23
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2020
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Bobo23 wrote: »

The guy says ironically as he posts on a FIFA forum...
    The forums are different to actually playing the game though. Countless people still visit these forums even though they no longer play the game.
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    I only play Fifa !
  • TW1103
    4518 posts National Call-Up
    I sort of do. FIFA is the only game I pick up regularly.
    If some single player games come out that I want, I'll take a break from FIFA and play that, then come back.

Currently playing Avengers, but it's a genuinely awful game. I'm trying to finish it before 21 so I can take it to Game and trade it in.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    If £500 is too much - which it is for one game - then do bear in mind that from September 22nd, you'll be able to preorder an Xbox Series S. You can get it for £20 a month with 2 years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate included, which also now includes EA Play. You get access to a rolling library of 160-odd games with that deal - maybe you'll find something else you enjoy?

Or you can get an Xbox Series X for £28 a month on the same deal.

And the fact the Series S is only £249 to buy outright on day one means that the Xbox FIFA player base is likely to grow quite considerably.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    If £500 is too much - which it is for one game - then do bear in mind that from September 22nd, you'll be able to preorder an Xbox Series S. You can get it for £20 a month with 2 years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate included, which also now includes EA Play. You get access to a rolling library of 160-odd games with that deal - maybe you'll find something else you enjoy?

And the fact the Series S is only £249 to buy outright on day one means that the Xbox FIFA player base is likely to grow quite considerably.

Considering All Access as well, even though the console is only £249 it's a solid deal at only 21 a month.

Would recommend for anyone looking an XBox to join Microsoft Rewards, really easy daily tasks to get xbox credit or live membership.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Considering All Access as well, even though the console is only £249 it's a solid deal at only 21 a month.

Would recommend for anyone looking an XBox to join Microsoft Rewards, really easy daily tasks to get xbox credit or live membership.

Aye, I would agree with that wholeheartedly. I've picked up a fair few games for absolutely nothing with the rewards scheme over the last couple of years.
  • James Libby
    7733 posts League Winner
    edited September 2020
    How many times does OP need to announce he's "walking away from the game" before he actually, ya know, walks away?

Feels more like a crawl, tbh.
  • Rossco160715
    2638 posts Fans' Favourite
    How many times does OP need to announce he's "walking away from the game" before he actually, ya know, walks away?

Oh no, the stalker returns. Are you still searching out my posts and sending me love hearts in PM?

Absolute weirdo.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    I've completely abandoned ship with FIFA (not played in two months now) and been getting more into Apex Legends and Warzone (also picked up Tony Hawk 1+2 over the weekend and loving it so far). Not planning on getting a PS5 any time soon as have a pretty well specced gaming PC so this has been a good moment to have a clean break. Fifa on ps4 is basically a reskin job. Given how much I dislike '20, buying '21 would be nothing more than an act of masochism.

Other opinions are available, of course.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    I used to play just FIFA from 2015-2018
    after that I tried new games and really enjoyed them.

tbh, there are a lot of games that is worth playing and way more enjoyable than FIFA.

you just have to try different games to see what kind of games you'll enjoy.
  • Blackbird10
    1289 posts Professional
    Been massively into GTA since lockdown with a few mates. We do heists together, help each other sell warehouses, MC businesses, scrap with each other in fighter jets etc. So much fun.
  • what3v3r
    1157 posts Professional
    I can relate to that. I tried the psn free games and could not play for more than half an hour. I bought The Witcher and GTA and played until I forgot about my save. But on PC I have times where I play a lot of Civilization, FM, Skylines, total war, etc
  • BogusTommy
    2437 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only play fifa. I have preordered fifa21 and consider getting the new xbox when it gets out. My only hesitation is that it looks like after upgrading to the new xbox you can not switch playing between the old gen and the new (with the same profile). Can anyone confirm this ? I have one in each floor now, and its super convenient. I have no problem paying out for the next gen, but it will too much if I must have 2.
  • CeeQue
    14939 posts Has That Special Something
    I stopped playing FIFA around TOTS. Been playing Fallout 4 recently QbadP.png Plus when the PS5 comes out I will only play Cyberpunk 2077 exclusively.
  • Mutu10gol
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa all the way, bad good or great fifa for ever :blush:
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    BogusTommy wrote: »
    I only play fifa. I have preordered fifa21 and consider getting the new xbox when it gets out. My only hesitation is that it looks like after upgrading to the new xbox you can not switch playing between the old gen and the new (with the same profile). Can anyone confirm this ? I have one in each floor now, and its super convenient. I have no problem paying out for the next gen, but it will too much if I must have 2.

You'll be able to go back and forth between consoles in 21 with Dual Entitlement.
  • James Libby
    7733 posts League Winner
    edited September 2020

Oh no, the stalker returns. Are you still searching out my posts and sending me love hearts in PM?

Absolute weirdo.

It's a simple question, really. You spent the last month talking about how the price of PS5 makes it "easy" to "walk away from FIFA" - so what's it going to take for you to actually walk away?

I'm here to help, mate.
    Post edited by James Libby on
  • Wooly1203
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    FIFA is the main game I play (probably 80% of my time on video games in fifa) but sometimes I like to play other games. I honestly haven’t had much time lately with work being crazy, so I’m lucky if I can get 5-6 games in a week at this point.