Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard
    £15m for Pereira based on above
    £15m for Romero based on above

£80m right there for you guys add Smalling to that which is a more realistic £20m and you have £100m for Sancho from deadwood

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

Romero’s deal expires next summer ( unless we exercise the 1 year extension) so £15m is pushing it I think £7m-£10m is realistic.

Don’t see pereira as a £15m player again probably £7m-£10m he’s never really shown consistent quality he’s 24 now and he’s not a kid anymore.

The rest I agree with.

• Nem
    9981 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

£80m right there for you guys add Smalling to that which is a more realistic £20m and you have £100m for Sancho from deadwood

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

Romero’s deal expires next summer ( unless we exercise the 1 year extension) so £15m is pushing it I think £7m-£10m is realistic.

Don’t see pereira as a £15m player again probably £7m-£10m he’s never really shown consistent quality he’s 24 now and he’s not a kid anymore.

The rest I agree with.

Even Lingard doesn't have youth on his side anymore to push his price up a little. I see him as a £10m player, 15 at the most.

Smalling I just don't see United getting 20 for, especially if they're banking on getting that from an Italian club at the moment.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Nem wrote: »
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

Rough estimate of wages for each?

Well apparenlty

• Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

Using Spotrac for consistency's sake:

Smalling 70k
    Romero 70k
    Lingard 75k
    Pereira 30k
    Dalot 25k
    Rojo 80k
    Jones 75k
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

The rest I agree with.

Even Lingard doesn't have youth on his side anymore to push his price up a little. I see him as a £10m player, 15 at the most.

Smalling I just don't see United getting 20 for, especially if they're banking on getting that from an Italian club at the moment.

As much as I hate to admit it lingard does have some technical ability to back up him though which Andreas doesn’t.

Put it this way if I had to pick to sign one of them I’d choose lingard over Andreas.

I think you could get £15m + 5m addons for smalling. Juventus , inter and Roma all seem to have an interest.

• Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

The rest I agree with.

Roma have just gone through a takeover and are also getting a €27m fee from Bayer Leverkusen for Shick. They can afford to buy Smalling.
  • Nem
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

Using Spotrac for consistency's sake:

Smalling 70k
    Romero 70k
    Lingard 75k
    Pereira 30k
    Dalot 25k
    Rojo 80k
    Jones 75k

Some big numbers there so all depends on contract length I suppose. Dalot and Pereira should be easy enough to shift though.
  • Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something
    United have the same issue as Arsenal this window on selling players. Not many clubs seem to be buying right now so the idea of selling 4-5 players in one window is going to be very difficult unless you sell at low prices.
  • Nem
    An Italian club spending 20 on a soon to be 31 year old CB? I just don't see it in the current climate. They'll look to bring that price down to around 10. The funny thing is, most of you would've probably bitten their hand off for that amount last summer.
  • Nem
    Stlducks wrote: »
    United have the same issue as Arsenal this window on selling players. Not many clubs seem to be buying right now so the idea of selling 4-5 players in one window is going to be very difficult unless you sell at low prices.

I think getting 50 for that rabble would be an achievement. It's not like United even need to sell to buy anyway so it's no big deal for them.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36144 posts World Cup Winner
    edited August 2020
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

The rest I agree with.

As much as I hate to admit it lingard does have some technical ability to back up him though which Andreas doesn’t.

Put it this way if I had to pick to sign one of them I’d choose lingard over Andreas.

I think you could get £15m + 5m addons for smalling. Juventus , inter and Roma all seem to have an interest.

What? Andreas has technical ability, on par, maybe even more then Lingard. And Andreas picks his head up and looks forward when he get's the ball. Andreas' issue is lack of consistent execution with his passes imo and doesn't offer anything defensively, just wildly inconsistent... where Lingard never stops running and can at least apply the pressure defensively, but his passing range incredibly limited . That being said, Lingard will go for more because he's English.

Long story short, I'd say the technical ability in terms of dribbling, footwork, shooting, he definitely possesses and exceeds Lingard in those particular categories imo. Could maybe argue other categories.
  • Ahmer50x
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

The rest I agree with.

What? Andreas has technical ability, on par, maybe even more then Lingard. And Andreas picks his head up and looks forward when he get's the ball. Andreas' issue is lack of consistent execution with his passes imo and doesn't offer anything defensively, just wildly inconsistent... where Lingard never stops running and can at least apply the pressure defensively, but his passing range incredibly limited . That being said, Lingard will go for more because he's English.

Agree with all this. Andreas>Lingard as a creator.
  • Tornado31619
    34955 posts World Cup Winner
    Still don’t think Dalot needs to go.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36144 posts World Cup Winner
    Still don’t think Dalot needs to go.

I'd prefer to hang onto him for cover for RB and RW, and imo use him more at RW in cup games if we were to get Sancho through
  • Dandingooo
    2140 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sell us Dalot for 5-10m.
  • Ahmer50x
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    Sell us Dalot for 5-10m.

Put 10m on the table and he's yours IMO
  • Nem
    Sell us Dalot for 5-10m.

Doherty replacement?
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    not a bad shout tbh
  • Pughy30
    30638 posts National Team Captain
    Actually think Dalot would work really well at Wolves he's the type of player who needs to play as a wingback not fullback imo
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    And he's Portugese.
  • SpokenPuppy
    52 posts Park Captain
    Sorry, I don't contribute much but...
    Van De Beek is a very good signing. Really pleased with it!

Although, about Sancho... I get the feeling we're not going to be signing him. But who else could we realistically sign to play RW? Not very many players I could think of without them being considered more of a 'risk.'
  • Dandingooo
    2140 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sell us Dalot for 5-10m.

Doherty replacement?

Think we’ll get someone better than Dalot, linked with Corona who from what I’ve seen would be a big upgrade on Doc too. Corona/Dalot and I’d be happy with our WB options.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain

Just the announcement left now then!
  • Teh Zombz
    5688 posts Big Money Move
    good signing, not worried that much now if pogba/bruno get injured
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2020
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    good signing, not worried that much now if pogba/bruno get injured

As well as that, even before it gets to the injury stage it means they can be given rests when they need them. Quality creative depth was exactly what we needed.
  • Ahmer50x

~107k pounds then. Bit much for a sub but I'll take it.

If we can offload Andreas and Lingard, he's essentially just taken those wages.
  • Jboom98
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Donny Van de Beek Champions League Highlights

• Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something
    107k a week? I knew United liked to overpay on transfers but I don’t think the logic went to wages as well.
  • Nem
    Seems about the standard for a transfer involving that sort of fee.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Stlducks wrote: »
    107k a week? I knew United liked to overpay on transfers but I don’t think the logic went to wages as well.

That's actually really good compared to the wage structure at the club in recent years. We're trying to get it back to normal and this is another small step closer to that.