Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Nem wrote: »
    What sort of wages are Rojo and Jones on?

Jones is on 70k a week per most sources. Seen anything from 50-160k a week depending on the source for Rojo.
  • Nem
    9980 posts Has That Special Something
    Jones on that with 3 years to run (plus option of extra year) doesn't sound encouraging for a sale.
  • El_Nino
    10633 posts Has That Special Something
    Tbf I could see a bottom half club risking paying Jones 70k a week if United waved the transfer fee, just look how Evans has done since leaving.

• Kman
    4423 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

All the reports were saying Ole wants a LCB prior to this so seems unlikely but I'd 100% take it obviously :joy:

Doubt it's true given its ESPN though.

Sell Rojo, Jones to put a dent in the transfer fee.

Still that leaves us with 5 cb’s if he comes in..maybe have to move Lindelof on

What realistic amount are you hoping to get for the pair of them?

Not sure, maybe £15m each

Wait you came in the Arsenal thread and said we would only get £15m for Guendouzi

And you are now saying you would get £15m for Phil Jones and £15m for Rojo who also has 10 months left 😂

Love to know how you value Pereira and Lingard next

What do you think their values are then?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36144 posts World Cup Winner
    SimenHP wrote: »
    For Jones and Rojo, I'd be happy if someone just agreed to pay their wages and took them off us permanently.

Smalling is the one worth something. 20m hopefully.

What's up with not wanting Smalling back? He might have had his best season so far last season (atleast top 3) so wouldn't it be smart to get him back. As a Chelsea fan I would love to have him over any of our cb from last season and I also don't see any of the MU cb being much better either

Lack of efficient ball control. He was always going to do well in Serie A where he'll have a little more time and space on the ball. Same thing with Lukaku. Serie A is perfect for both of them due to both of their lack of ball control most of the time.
  • Nem

All the reports were saying Ole wants a LCB prior to this so seems unlikely but I'd 100% take it obviously :joy:

Wait you came in the Arsenal thread and said we would only get £15m for Guendouzi

And you are now saying you would get £15m for Phil Jones and £15m for Rojo who also has 10 months left 😂

Most would probably agree you'd be lucky to get £5m combined at present time.
  • Nem
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Tbf I could see a bottom half club risking paying Jones 70k a week if United waved the transfer fee, just look how Evans has done since leaving.

Maybe, but it's a £10m+ commitment to take on his contract. Would it represent good value?
  • Ashy
    24353 posts Club Captain

Guendouzi £25m
    Jones £5m, or even nothing, for his wages he will he hard to shift
    Rojo £5m think some team could take him like Benfica, contract ends soon
  • Kman

Guendouzi £25m

If we moved Evans we can move Jones.

Still think Guendouzi £20m max
  • El_Nino

Maybe, but it's a £10m+ commitment to take on his contract. Would it represent good value?

A player with his experience and career definitely has something to offer a lower end prem team imo, I honestly don’t know how he’d do in game, it’s been a long time since he’s played consistently, but yeah for his experience, he’s in his prime, still has 5+ years left, I actually think Jones is a decent buy for lower end Prem teams, that’s dependant on him going for free though.
  • Alex02
    3011 posts National Call-Up
    Think we can get 10/15m for Jones and Rojo will go to Argentina on a free
  • Kman

Guendouzi £25m

Valuing Guendouzi at the same/very similar price as Jones and particularly Rojo who has 10 months left, is definitely one of the strangest opinions I’ve seen.

Guendouzi is an average midfielder with attitude issues..I’m sure teams are lining up to buy him for £30m lol
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up

Guendouzi £25m

Valuing Guendouzi at the same/very similar price as Jones and particularly Rojo who has 10 months left, is definitely one of the strangest opinions I’ve seen.

Guendouzi is an average midfielder with attitude issues..I’m sure teams are lining up to buy him for £30m lol

Guendouzi is actually quite a good player and has good potential. It’s the attitude that ruins him he thinks he’s made it already when he hasn’t his ego has apparently been an issue even in his younger days.

Similar to us and Ravel Morrison. The Talent is clear but unless the player has the right attitude you have cut out the disease before it can spread so to speak.
  • Pughy30
    30638 posts National Team Captain

Guendouzi £25m

Lingard and Pereira are average I wouldn’t put Guendouzi in the same category as them
  • wth22
    11514 posts Has That Special Something
    Jones and Lingard are English. We can easily get 10-15m for Jones and 20m+ for Lingard, given how much even English dross goes for. But we're a very poor selling club so probably take off a few m.

Guendouzi is probably worth 25-30.
  • Ahmer50x

Another smash and grab from United coming maybe? This is gaining some momentum seemingly
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain

Hopefully we get the official announcement either late today or tomorrow!
  • El_Nino
    wth22 wrote: »
    Jones and Lingard are English. We can easily get 10-15m for Jones and 20m+ for Lingard, given how much even English dross goes for. But we're a very poor selling club so probably take off a few m.

Best of luck getting anywhere near that for them, in this market you’ll be lucky to get rid of them at all.
  • Ashy
    24353 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2020
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard
    £15m for Pereira based on above
    £15m for Romero based on above

£80m right there for you guys add Smalling to that which is a more realistic £20m and you have £100m for Sancho from deadwood
  • wth22
    11514 posts Has That Special Something

Best of luck getting anywhere near that for them, in this market you’ll be lucky to get rid of them at all.

Alex Iwobi went for 40m. I've no doubt we'll pull at least that for them. Rojo will probably be <5m, Romero will likely too.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    no one is paying those prices
  • arsenalap
    14837 posts Has That Special Something

Alex Iwobi went for 40m. I've no doubt we'll pull at least that for them. Rojo will probably be <5m, Romero will likely too.

Why even mention Iwobi. Deals like that aren't happening this summer..
  • Ashy
    24353 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »

Why even mention Iwobi. Deals like that aren't happening this summer..

Deals like that aren't happening any summer it's a glitch in the matrix like Solanke for £19m or Carroll for £35m
  • El_Nino

Yeah and Thiago is avaliable for under £30 million, you cant base every price on the extremes though
  • Nem
    edited August 2020
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

£80m right there for you guys add Smalling to that which is a more realistic £20m and you have £100m for Sancho from deadwood

They'll need to do a lot better with sales than they have done over the last seven years combined

• Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2020

Yeah and Thiago is avaliable for under £30 million, you cant base every price on the extremes though

Thiago wants out and has a year left on his deal. If Thiago hadn’t requested to leave and still had 3 years left on his deal you’d be looking at 60m+ easily.

The price is based upon quality of player + length of contract , role in the team e.g first team starter and their desire to leave.

I still don’t agree with some of the prices being floated though.
  • Ahmer50x
    edited August 2020
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.
  • Nem
    So we have

£15m for Jones
    £15m Rojo
    £20m for Lingard

More realistically:

20m Smalling
    15m Romero
    15m Lingard
    15m Pereira
    10m Dalot
    ~Free Rojo
    ~Free Jones
    ============
    75m raised.

Rough estimate of wages for each?