Blaugrana fan thread (Barca)

Comments

  • Tornado31619
    34955 posts World Cup Winner
    Apparently Barça sacked their law firm for giving Messi an exit strategy :lol:
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Tbf most of them can’t afford him

    Don’t think any can afford him when you have FFP in play. Reports saying he’s on basic wage of 1m a week. Would cripple most clubs finances tbh. PSG can afford him but they’ll break FFP as neymar and Mbappe are reported to be on big deals already. City without cooking the books ( like they usually do) would be generating massive losses especially with no gate receipts to “alter”. You’ll probably find city announcing new deal with etihad airways that equates to 1m a week.
  • Tornado31619
    34955 posts World Cup Winner
    FFP is finished.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    FFP is finished.

    I mean after city’s last brown envelope got them off Scott free you’d think but not sure they’ll risk another enquiry into their cooked books.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Tbf most of them can’t afford him

    Don’t think any can afford him when you have FFP in play. Reports saying he’s on basic wage of 1m a week. Would cripple most clubs finances tbh. PSG can afford him but they’ll break FFP as neymar and Mbappe are reported to be on big deals already. City without cooking the books ( like they usually do) would be generating massive losses especially with no gate receipts to “alter”. You’ll probably find city announcing new deal with etihad airways that equates to 1m a week.
    You mean the club will renegotiate current sponsorship deals after signing the biggest sporting athlete?! That’s a ridiculous suggestion
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Tbf most of them can’t afford him

    Don’t think any can afford him when you have FFP in play. Reports saying he’s on basic wage of 1m a week. Would cripple most clubs finances tbh. PSG can afford him but they’ll break FFP as neymar and Mbappe are reported to be on big deals already. City without cooking the books ( like they usually do) would be generating massive losses especially with no gate receipts to “alter”. You’ll probably find city announcing new deal with etihad airways that equates to 1m a week.
    You mean the club will renegotiate current sponsorship deals after signing the biggest sporting athlete?! That’s a ridiculous suggestion

    Yeah hate to break it to you but CR7 is a bigger sporting athlete.

    Yeah renegotiate the sponsor that the current owner also owns where he’ll be transferring more money from one of his business accounts into another of his business accounts......
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Tbf most of them can’t afford him

    Don’t think any can afford him when you have FFP in play. Reports saying he’s on basic wage of 1m a week. Would cripple most clubs finances tbh. PSG can afford him but they’ll break FFP as neymar and Mbappe are reported to be on big deals already. City without cooking the books ( like they usually do) would be generating massive losses especially with no gate receipts to “alter”. You’ll probably find city announcing new deal with etihad airways that equates to 1m a week.
    You mean the club will renegotiate current sponsorship deals after signing the biggest sporting athlete?! That’s a ridiculous suggestion

    Yeah hate to break it to you but CR7 is a bigger sporting athlete.

    Yeah renegotiate the sponsor that the current owner also owns where he’ll be transferring more money from one of his business accounts into another of his business accounts......
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Tbf most of them can’t afford him

    Don’t think any can afford him when you have FFP in play. Reports saying he’s on basic wage of 1m a week. Would cripple most clubs finances tbh. PSG can afford him but they’ll break FFP as neymar and Mbappe are reported to be on big deals already. City without cooking the books ( like they usually do) would be generating massive losses especially with no gate receipts to “alter”. You’ll probably find city announcing new deal with etihad airways that equates to 1m a week.
    You mean the club will renegotiate current sponsorship deals after signing the biggest sporting athlete?! That’s a ridiculous suggestion

    Yeah hate to break it to you but CR7 is a bigger sporting athlete.

    Yeah renegotiate the sponsor that the current owner also owns where he’ll be transferring more money from one of his business accounts into another of his business accounts......

    Who has the bigger following on social media? Not how many tweets they can get.
  • Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something
    Messi was also a shock so of course more people talk about it. Plus the drama of how he’s leaving and the possible lawsuit.

    CR7 was a predicted move and no controversy.
  • FUT_Moe
    1442 posts Professional
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Tbf most of them can’t afford him

    Don’t think any can afford him when you have FFP in play. Reports saying he’s on basic wage of 1m a week. Would cripple most clubs finances tbh. PSG can afford him but they’ll break FFP as neymar and Mbappe are reported to be on big deals already. City without cooking the books ( like they usually do) would be generating massive losses especially with no gate receipts to “alter”. You’ll probably find city announcing new deal with etihad airways that equates to 1m a week.

    Etihad Airways is currently in an economic disaster (the biggest scale imaginable). All airlines are in this mess because of the Coronavirus. They reported a loss of $758 million for the first half of 2020 (losses started in March). They are on course for a LOSS OF MORE THAN $1 billion for the year. They have lost more than $5 billion since 2016. Etihad Airways is not in good shape and I can't imagine them helping in any way.
  • Tornado31619
    34955 posts World Cup Winner
    It doesn’t matter who’s bigger between Ronaldo and Messi. If one is the most marketable player on the planet, then the other is still #2.
  • Carlos181
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    Finally some good news!
  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

    The clear out begins.

    Sevilla get their Banega replacement.
  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    @WFCBagnall

    Requesting control of this thread seeing as op has long been banned.
  • Carlos181
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    Idk how I feel about so many free transfers.

  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    Only way to clear the decks with the wages these old guys are on
  • Carlos181
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    Nem wrote: »
    Only way to clear the decks with the wages these old guys are on

    I understand that, and glad to see them go just wish we'd receive anywhere from 5-10 for them 🤣.

    Haven't verified it myself, but I think if Sevilla qualify for Europa or CL we receive 8m. So not bad.
  • Tornado31619
    34955 posts World Cup Winner
    Nem wrote: »
    @WFCBagnall

    Requesting control of this thread seeing as op has long been banned.

    @WFCBagnall don’t feed the monopoly :trollface:
  • Carlos181
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2020
    Delete
  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    Expecting the Wijnaldum signing wrapped up this week with the Vidal and Rakitic departures?

    Still expecting Depay to be signed. Big favourite of Koeman isn't he?
  • Carlos181
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2020
    Wouldnt mind Depay, but idk if Wijnaldum would be a good move.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    what!? gini would be incredible for you lot
  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    My thoughts exactly..
  • Carlos181
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    Only watched him a handful of times, so maybe my opinion was a bit pre-mature 😬.
  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    Big game player. Reckon he'll thrive.
  • Pughy30
    30638 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 2020
    Depay is a weird one for me, I've watched him a lot at Lyon and he's obviously talented but i still think it's a risky transfer, the pressure is completely different at Barca i think he'll either flourish or be benched within 6 months
  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    I think Depay as a squad option, under a manager that likes him, for around £20m is sound business. Didn't they pay around that for Braithwaite?
Sign In or Register to comment.