Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    skysports-donny-van-de-beek_4981068.png?20200501105038

    Bruno-esque numbers these :love:

    Doubt lightning strikes twice but he should be a more than capable backup. Certainly an improvement on Lingard and Andreas if nothing else :joy:
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    skysports-donny-van-de-beek_4981068.png?20200501105038

    Bruno-esque numbers these :love:

    Doubt lightning strikes twice but he should be a more than capable backup. Certainly an improvement on Lingard and Andreas if nothing else :joy:

    I’d much rather be bringing on DVB over Andreas :lol:

    Wouldn’t mind us looking at sanches and camavinga if the reports of DVB weren’t true.
  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2020
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Nem wrote: »
    United must have one of the most expensive midfields in the division if this deal goes ahead?

    Rough math:

    United ~300m (w/VDB)
    Chelsea ~300m (w/ Havertz)
    City ~210m
    Liverpool ~160m
    Spurs ~130m
    Arsenal ~120m

    (I've counted players who've played decent minutes at CDM/CM/CAM only for this.)

    It's neck and neck between United and Chelsea.

    Wow! So most expensive even without the Beek signing.

    That list just goes to show how well Liverpool have done as well. Well outperforming squad cost.
  • iSptmnky
    15589 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    iSptmnky wrote: »
    People are still discussing the Sancho move when BVB have already clarified that he won't be leaving this summer?

    You mean like how they clarified Dembele definitely wouldn’t leave, and then he did?

    Except Sancho has accepted that decision. Also, Dortmund drew the conclusions from the Dembélé case and made it clear that something like that won't happen again. But yeah, dream on.
  • Teh Zombz
    5688 posts Big Money Move
    we linked to any other winger incase we don't get sancho? i know adama traore has been thrown around but not by anyone reliable + i doubt wolves would sell another key player to another top 4 rival
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    we linked to any other winger incase we don't get sancho? i know adama traore has been thrown around but not by anyone reliable + i doubt wolves would sell another key player to another top 4 rival

    Wouldn’t mind sarr from Watford.
  • Wyojasond
    19182 posts World Class
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    we linked to any other winger incase we don't get sancho? i know adama traore has been thrown around but not by anyone reliable + i doubt wolves would sell another key player to another top 4 rival

    Douglas Costa 😏😂
  • Ashy
    24353 posts Club Captain
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    we linked to any other winger incase we don't get sancho? i know adama traore has been thrown around but not by anyone reliable + i doubt wolves would sell another key player to another top 4 rival

    Brooks from Bournemouth, I think Sarr would be better. There is also a pretty talented RW in Ukraine called Tsygankov. Or Buendia from Norwich
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain


    Worth a read. Stats back up the initial suspicion that his main job is going to be to deputize Bruno.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain


    Everybody wants to join Ole's tricky reds :sunglasses:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36144 posts World Cup Winner
    edited August 2020
    El_Nino wrote: »
    iSptmnky wrote: »
    People are still discussing the Sancho move when BVB have already clarified that he won't be leaving this summer?

    You mean like how they clarified Dembele definitely wouldn’t leave, and then he did?

    Tbf, with Dembele they came out once and said he wouldn't leave iirc... With Sancho, it's been an ongoing thing for weeks now that he's staying and will be at the club next season. And didn't Dembele play a part in forcing a move by refusing the train?

    At this point I wouldn't be at all shocked if they hold him for another season. Wish they'd [Ed and Mike] just get it done and stop the charades. Has he even put in a transfer request yet?
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 2020
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36144 posts World Cup Winner
    edited August 2020
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

    Edit... NVM... being pretty widely reported now. Love that. Finally a signing assuming something doesn't go wrong between now and the contract signing.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    tenor.gif?itemid=14068763
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Still don't understand that signing. All well and good talking about needing depth, but should really be looking at improving the starting 11 first.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Mike wrote: »
    Still don't understand that signing. All well and good talking about needing depth, but should really be looking at improving the starting 11 first.

    We're after Sancho to improve the starting XI and also want a CB that depending on who we get could be a starting XI signing. A quality creative depth option was very important for us as well though, we saw that last season.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain


    Underrated angle that we're about to start contract talks with Raiola now for Pogba. With VDB here, he'll have that little bit less leverage to extort us.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    Still don't understand that signing. All well and good talking about needing depth, but should really be looking at improving the starting 11 first.

    We're after Sancho to improve the starting XI and also want a CB that depending on who we get could be a starting XI signing. A quality creative depth option was very important for us as well though, we saw that last season.
    I'd be incredibly surprised if you go back in for Sancho this summer
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    Still don't understand that signing. All well and good talking about needing depth, but should really be looking at improving the starting 11 first.

    Isn’t your club trying to sign an aging forward when their problems are conceding goals not scoring them?.....
  • Wyojasond
    19182 posts World Class
    edited August 2020
    Interesting to see if this starts a domino effect..... Wijnaldum to Barca, Thiago to Liverpool, sounds like Tonali to Inter (edit- meant AC Milan) is done now. Could be a big week for midfielders moving.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Rashford liking all of fabs tweets about VDB :smirk:
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Mike wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    Still don't understand that signing. All well and good talking about needing depth, but should really be looking at improving the starting 11 first.

    We're after Sancho to improve the starting XI and also want a CB that depending on who we get could be a starting XI signing. A quality creative depth option was very important for us as well though, we saw that last season.
    I'd be incredibly surprised if you go back in for Sancho this summer

    Fabrizio confirmed the talks still aren't resolved for him, we haven't given up.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Interesting to see if this starts a domino effect..... Wijnaldum to Barca, Thiago to Liverpool, sounds like Tonali to Inter is done now. Could be a big week for midfielders moving.

    Inter are getting tonali? I thought A.C. had tabled a bid today?
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Interesting to see if this starts a domino effect..... Wijnaldum to Barca, Thiago to Liverpool, sounds like Tonali to Inter is done now. Could be a big week for midfielders moving.

    Inter are getting tonali? I thought A.C. had tabled a bid today?

    Its done to AC Milan:

  • Nem
    9979 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Interesting to see if this starts a domino effect..... Wijnaldum to Barca, Thiago to Liverpool, sounds like Tonali to Inter is done now. Could be a big week for midfielders moving.

    Inter are getting tonali? I thought A.C. had tabled a bid today?

    Pretty much done deal to Milan
  • Wyojasond
    19182 posts World Class
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Interesting to see if this starts a domino effect..... Wijnaldum to Barca, Thiago to Liverpool, sounds like Tonali to Inter is done now. Could be a big week for midfielders moving.

    Inter are getting tonali? I thought A.C. had tabled a bid today?

    😂 sorry not sure what I was doing there, meant Milan. Had just read Inter pulled out 🤦‍♂️
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    Still don't understand that signing. All well and good talking about needing depth, but should really be looking at improving the starting 11 first.

    Isn’t your club trying to sign an aging forward when their problems are conceding goals not scoring them?.....
    Agreed, I’ll email the club and tell them not to sign the best player of all time
Sign In or Register to comment.