Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Does he mean up to 29 days? Its Woodward after all, he'll probably have to start Sacho all over again after this.

    My guess is just after the internationals are over since he's in the Holland squad so not this week but the next one.
  • Nem
    9981 posts Has That Special Something
    Gone very quiet on the Sancho deal of late
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain


    I know our name is just being used to get Liverpool to pay up and nobody reliable is saying this but can you imagine if we got Thiago and VDB for 70m?

    Our midfield would be unreal :joy:
  • El_Nino
    10633 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    I know our name is just being used to get Liverpool to pay up and nobody reliable is saying this but can you imagine if we got Thiago and VDB for 70m?

    Our midfield would be unreal :joy:

    It would be hilariously pointless though 😂 you’d have 2 of VDB/Pogba/Thiago benched, meanwhile Greenwood/Shaw/Lindleof/Matic start
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    I know our name is just being used to get Liverpool to pay up and nobody reliable is saying this but can you imagine if we got Thiago and VDB for 70m?

    Our midfield would be unreal :joy:

    It would be hilariously pointless though 😂 you’d have 2 of VDB/Pogba/Thiago benched, meanwhile Greenwood/Shaw/Lindleof/Matic start

    Thiago could play #6 against the non-top teams over Matic tbh

    He plays in a double pivot with Goretzka, who is quite attacking, so doing it with Pogba shouldn't be that different.

    I don't like his age profile and how injury prone he is, but for the fee, he would be a steal.

    Fact still remains though we're being used to get Liverpool to pay up. Can't see us going for 2 mids.
  • Tornado31619
    34955 posts World Cup Winner
    I’ll be surprised if we even get two players at our current rate. I won’t believe that VDB or Sancho are done deals until they are seen playing the piano.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 2020
  • yosef167
    6369 posts Big Money Move
    I’ll be surprised if we even get two players at our current rate. I won’t believe that VDB or Sancho are done deals until they are seen playing the piano.

    No please just not the Piano.. let them play anythig juat not that Piano
  • Nem
    9981 posts Has That Special Something
    Would his signing soften the blow if you miss out on Sancho? Seems quite the come down even if Beek is a decent prospect.
  • El_Nino
    10633 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    I know our name is just being used to get Liverpool to pay up and nobody reliable is saying this but can you imagine if we got Thiago and VDB for 70m?

    Our midfield would be unreal :joy:

    It would be hilariously pointless though 😂 you’d have 2 of VDB/Pogba/Thiago benched, meanwhile Greenwood/Shaw/Lindleof/Matic start

    Thiago could play #6 against the non-top teams over Matic tbh

    He plays in a double pivot with Goretzka, who is quite attacking, so doing it with Pogba shouldn't be that different.

    I don't like his age profile and how injury prone he is, but for the fee, he would be a steal.

    Fact still remains though we're being used to get Liverpool to pay up. Can't see us going for 2 mids.

    Even against lesser team a central midfield of Bruno/Pogba/Thiago is asking for trouble, your just going to get done on the counter time and time again.

    Your right though it’s a redundant conversation, just use of the media to try and hurt Liverpool along, I don’t know why clubs/agents bother with this anymore when it’s so obvious
  • Kman
    4423 posts National Call-Up
    VDB is a great buy and I hope it actually goes through. I think him and hopefully Sancho would be a decent window and hopefully pick up a DM and maybe CB next window.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Nem wrote: »
    Would his signing soften the blow if you miss out on Sancho? Seems quite the come down even if Beek is a decent prospect.

    Nothing to do with Sancho whatsoever. I'm not saying we're guaranteed to sign Sancho, but that VdB has zero relevance to him. We've wanted Sancho and a creative midfielder all window, and reports say that we're playing the long game in the window for Sancho and are not giving up.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    The player who is affected by VDB is Grealish. I think Jack was Ole's first choice for the job but Villa have priced him out of the move by asking double what VDB is available for so the club have moved on to option 1b.
  • Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something
    Every club is slowly being ruled out until United is the last club standing. :D
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Every club is slowly being ruled out until United is the last club standing. :D

    tenor.gif

    Welcome to Manchester United transfers in the Woodward+Judge era.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain


    Can't tell if he's a CB or a CF at this rate :joy:
  • Kman
    4423 posts National Call-Up
    So VDB, doesn’t get into the starting side? Could play him Pogba and Bruno against the more defensive/lower sides and bring in a DM for the Top 6 sides? Does he come here expecting to be a starter?
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Kman wrote: »
    So VDB, doesn’t get into the starting side? Could play him Pogba and Bruno against the more defensive/lower sides and bring in a DM for the Top 6 sides? Does he come here expecting to be a starter?

    Given the fact he's so versatile, he can play 10, 8 (and even 6 against the weaker sides as you say), he'll get plenty of games despite being a rotation option. We desperately needed some quality on the bench, he majorly fits the bill. If City can have B.Silva on the bench, there's no reason we can't have VdB given we're trying to get back to competing for the title in the not too distant future (not this season ofc).
  • Stlducks
    10422 posts Has That Special Something
    VDB is still young enough to come and start on the bench while starting cup games. Top clubs need top players on the bench when they have 2-3 games a week. I see no negative side to United buying VDB. Just because you have him, doesn't mean he needs to start every game.

    United are also planning for the inevitable Pogba injury.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 2020
    Post edited by Ahmer50x on
  • SimenHP
    6028 posts Big Money Move
    Donny might start on the bench, but when you guys see how good he is, he can easily take Pogba's spot (can't see Bruno being bench because of how good he's been since signing) I think, unless you decide to play 3 midfielders Bruno-Beek-Pogba. Pogba might be better attacking, but Donny is better defensively and gives everything every match which is something MU desperately needs in their midfield
  • Kman
    4423 posts National Call-Up
    Apollo wrote: »
    Kman wrote: »
    So VDB, doesn’t get into the starting side? Could play him Pogba and Bruno against the more defensive/lower sides and bring in a DM for the Top 6 sides? Does he come here expecting to be a starter?

    Given the fact he's so versatile, he can play 10, 8 (and even 6 against the weaker sides as you say), he'll get plenty of games despite being a rotation option. We desperately needed some quality on the bench, he majorly fits the bill. If City can have B.Silva on the bench, there's no reason we can't have VdB given we're trying to get back to competing for the title in the not too distant future (not this season ofc).

    Yeah I was just wondering if he’s still interested knowing he wouldn’t be starting. But yeah if he’s happy to rotate he’s an excellent signing that instantly gives up depth, versatility and quality from the bench. Hopefully we can wrap it up quickly.
    I’m interested in who a DM target could be? I kinda get the feeling we’re going to try transform McT to play that Matic role? I 100% think he could do that.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2020
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    “Talks over the potential signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund have yet to be resolved, while United are also in the market for a new centre back.” - Fabrizio

    Nice to have Fabrizio confirm the planned window is Sancho, an AM (VdB we now know) and a CB as was suspected. Whether we get them all is down to Ed and Judge, but good to see the confirmation that that's the plan.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    “Talks over the potential signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund have yet to be resolved, while United are also in the market for a new centre back.” - Fabrizio

    Nice to have Fabrizio confirm the planned window is Sancho, an AM (VdB we now know) and a CB as was suspected. Whether we get them all is down to Ed and Judge, but good to see the confirmation that that's the plan.

    We've had widespread confirmation of reports in Holland about VDB. The fact that didn't happen with Badiashile makes me a little suspicious. Could still be targeting Pau Torres IMO
  • iSptmnky
    15592 posts World Class
    People are still discussing the Sancho move when BVB have already clarified that he won't be leaving this summer?
  • Nem
    9981 posts Has That Special Something
    United must have one of the most expensive midfields in the division if this deal goes ahead?
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Nem wrote: »
    United must have one of the most expensive midfields in the division if this deal goes ahead?

    Rough math:

    United ~300m (w/VDB)
    Chelsea ~300m (w/ Havertz)
    City ~210m
    Liverpool ~160m
    Spurs ~130m
    Arsenal ~120m

    (I've counted players who've played decent minutes at CDM/CM/CAM only for this.)

    It's neck and neck between United and Chelsea.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up

    iSptmnky wrote: »
    People are still discussing the Sancho move when BVB have already clarified that he won't be leaving this summer?

    Doesn’t matter what the club say. In this day and age players seem to hold the power, if they want out 9/10 times they end up getting the move.

    iirc when CR7 was here we constantly put out he’s stopping , he won’t leave , saf said he wouldn’t do business with real then in the end he was sold.

    Liverpool said coutinho wasn’t going to leave and in the end he was sold.
Sign In or Register to comment.