MOTM 96 Thiago

Agalopez65
136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
85 rated squad required 65 chem

Comments

• Pieman25
    17834 posts Moderator
    edited August 25
    Looks a good card but I hated the tots. Down to preference I suppose as I prefer my cms to be big and clumsy (Sissoko/pogba/etc)
    Post edited by Pieman25 on
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks reasonable but unless you have 3 garbage untradeable TotS to stick in then ain't nobody getting an 85 rated squad worth of value out of him. His sprint speed and finishing are too poor to make him a God tier CAM and his defending/aggression/strength mean there are much better CM/CDMs than him. And the stats he lacks in can't really be fixed by chemistry.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    DSD27 wrote: »
    It's not fair that Neuer wins the CL playing like he did, and ends FIFA with a 92 rated, when all the others worse than him have 93+ cards. Neuer should have been the official MOTM, but even if he didn't get the prize, it should be his 96 rated card on this SBC.

I second this, especially considering how poorly Thiago played in the last 2 matches...

Multiple times he gave the ball directly to the opposition for a counter that, had Neuer not been on his A-game, would have cost them the competition
  • Staxdoobie
    2243 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 25
    Well I was hoping for an SBC so I could use the dupe untradeable Thiago that’s sitting in my club. Guess this will do.
  • Bobo23
    2760 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 25
    Neuer was easily the MOTM in that final. I know he wasn't given the official MOTM, but without Neuer Bayern could have easily lost that game.
    Post edited by Bobo23 on
  • newguy
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    Liam W wrote: »
    Looks reasonable but unless you have 3 garbage untradeable TotS to stick in then ain't nobody getting an 85 rated squad worth of value out of him. His sprint speed and finishing are too poor to make him a God tier CAM and his defending/aggression/strength mean there are much better CM/CDMs than him. And the stats he lacks in can't really be fixed by chemistry.

Nah he looks great for CM/ attacking CDM. He’s insanely agile and has the skills for fun. Solid enough defensive stats with anchor.
  • spy
    1706 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think I will be giving this a miss. I don’t think he looks better than SH Delaney, RTTF Goretzka or TOTS Kimmich and Muller that I already have.
  • will do him and can link him few other of my bungs players. just what i needed
  • DSD27
    5771 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 25
    spy wrote: »
    I think I will be giving this a miss. I don’t think he looks better than SH Delaney, RTTF Goretzka or TOTS Kimmich and Muller that I already have.

Neither is better than 93 Can, which I unlocked two days ago. SH Delaney and and Can are my CDMs. Thiago is weak...
  • starfox1284
    2693 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 25
    Thiago's card is def better than Can, they upgraded his weak foot to 4* and he has 5* skills. With Anchor chem he gets up to the mid-80s with his strength and aggression. The card is fantastic and is priced nicely.
  • Wooly1203
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    Really bummed that he got this SBC and they overlooked Neuer. Really wanted him for my team. Favorite GK in real life and I like how aggressive he is in the game
  • erdhfdsjh
    679 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Another double medium.
  • Lobbers99
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Replaces my Sabitzer in the CAM role
  • spy
    1706 posts Play-Off Hero

Neither is better than 93 Can, which I unlocked two days ago. SH Delaney and and Can are my CDMs. Thiago is weak...

Neither of which? Are you saying Can is better than the 4 I listed? Haven’t taken my storyline pick yet so might be tempted by Can if he is really the best bundes CM!
  • joehuk
    4731 posts National Call-Up
    did him. since i got handanovic tots & Da costa from upgrade packs and don't wanna touch another icon moment just yet.

but I just can't fit him in my team even though i want to :joy:
  • keith210277
    1445 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Looks a good card but I hated the tots. Down to preference I suppose as I prefer my cms to big big and clumsy (Sissoko/pogba/etc)

I'm the same, but he fits the bill perfectly for a CAM in my Bundesliga team. Have Can and RTTF Goretzka as the CM's.
  • Libguy
    5377 posts Big Money Move
    He looks like a smaller, more agile version of TOTSSF Kroos with the same issues. Not fast enough to play out wide. Too slow / can't defend well enough to play CDM. Maybe a liability at CM. Lackluster finishing. Pretty much a central CAM playmaker.
  • Ishibum
    14906 posts World Class
    If I still played, it's a card I'd do. I actually really enjoyed the tots
  • URBirdman
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero

I haven't tried RTTF Goretzka after the final upgrade, but I can tell you, this 96 Thiago is much better for me than the other 3 you listed. Very agile, Very fast, 5-star skill moves extremely fun
  • DSD27
    5771 posts Big Money Move

Neither of which? Are you saying Can is better than the 4 I listed? Haven’t taken my storyline pick yet so might be tempted by Can if he is really the best bundes CM!

No, I was just saying Can is better than this new Thiago.
    But since you mention it, I think Can is better than Kimmich and Goretzka for CDM because of the workrates.
  • Retropoe82
    1433 posts Play-Off Hero
    Motm was coman, best player on the day for me was neuer. An EA give us thiago...yeah they watch football
  • NinthFall
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gonna do him fo so
  • JPRM71
    3581 posts National Call-Up
    Just completed 96 Thiago, used a couple of horrific objectives TOTS pulls to do it. At least they were of some use. Looks a great all rounder with a Sentinel on.
  • fifanew
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    but what do i do with him. hmm
  • dudders
    2549 posts Fans' Favourite
    URBirdman wrote: »

I haven't tried RTTF Goretzka after the final upgrade, but I can tell you, this 96 Thiago is much better for me than the other 3 you listed. Very agile, Very fast, 5-star skill moves extremely fun

Second this , I also have rttf goretzka, play goretzka defensive cm and Thiago attacking cm and he plays it fantastically, very smooth and agile,quick enough over a short distance to get away, can also defend well if needs be, pinpoint passing and a rocket of a shot, extremely fun player and one of the best cm’s I have used for the price an absolute bargain
  • JWNYsg
    3483 posts National Call-Up
    Thought Coman was official MOTM

Seems abit inconsistent since they gave de Jong his
  • Drachenfells
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 26
    What rating would you give Colman? He has a free 92 most people got from objectives and a 95 road to the final card.

If you make it a 96 no-one will do it as the 95 will tank and be cheaper than completing it, 97 and you have screwed all those who invested in the rttf card.

Thiago or Neuer were the only real choices and not as many people would do a goalkeeper sbc.
  • JWNYsg
    Ok, serious question. What chem for Thiago. Anchor, Shadow or Sentinel

image.png
  • JWNYsg
    What rating would you give Colman? He has a free 92 most people got from objectives and a 95 road to the final card.

If you make it a 96 no-one will do it as the 95 will tank and be cheaper than completing it, 97 and you have screwed all those who invested in the rttf card.

Thiago or Neuer were the only real choices and not as many people would do a goalkeeper sbc.

either 96 or 97

just to share, i am one of them being screwed previously. My Goretzka RTTF was 900k. Then it tanked. Then i did the SBC Moments for 500k. Then they re-booted RTTF at 91ovr. My Coman RTTF cost me 400k. Then you are right, SH was free. I wasn't going this angle, just giving my thoughts on the rightful match winner.

Wouldn't mind any Bayern player getting it in truth. Even did Arp although he doesn't make my squad at all