Why is this game pathetic

This game is so horribly slow, I think I’ve raged more at this FIFA 21 beta then I have done throughout the whole of Fifa 20. Players hardly ever make a run through for a pass even when you put get in behind. Player tracking is so incredibly hard as a player who has 80 agility or below that is like trying to control a double decker bus. I’ve been playing my squad battles on world class because that’s what I can play on I have an 81 rated team so won’t go higher then an 81 rated opposing team as well. But the fact is I have players like Vinicius who just don’t make runs and yet my wingers are the most important playmakers. My Pedro apparently is having a cup of tea at the side and I hardly see him but when I do he decides to pass the ball to the opposition which I absolutely ADORE. My wijanaldum is the only useful player on the team and that’s saying something as he can’t even tackle the opposing players 90% of the time. The pace of the game is slow, players who we have at the start of the game who most of them don’t have over 80+ agility are unusable but yet we are forced to use them. The game is truly worse then FIFA 20, skill moves are useless, AI is basically god after professional difficulty. It makes no sense because I go to winning 10-0 on professional to somehow loosing 4-2 on penalties to a 78 rated team on world class. For some reason the drag back was nerfed and now we have to use R1+L1 or LB+RB which honestly makes the skill 2 move useless because you then have to move your fingers into an uncomfortable position. So far I am thoroughly disappointed

Comments

  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional
    It's a different game so you have to learn the differences.

    Currently in FUT 20 you'll have 90+ players in each position which means everything is easy and fast. Like you said your now using 80 rated players so theyll be slower and not as smart.

    Start off lower skill level like professional and learn the game. Dont compare it to FUT 20, just play it like it's a completely new game. Finally Beta has always been different than final build
  • But even at the start of fut 20 I had Vinicius and he was able to make runs. I’ve played over 15 matches now, and I’m in division 3 I have a feel for the game but it’s boring playing professional and winning a huge gap every game but as soon as I jump too world class it’s suddenly as if I’m out of my depth so where should I be playing then? In my opinion they’ve made a huge skill jump from professional to world class which makes no sense I should comfortably be winning matches pretty easy as I can do it with basically any team. I know I’m good at the game but my players feel unnecessarily slow, unclinical, they make pointless mistakes which I can’t even explain how. Fifa are trying to make a realistic game but somehow this gameplay is getting worse and worse.
  • The game is boring, defenders who are 6’2 cannot win a header from a 5’8 winger. My 95 physicality player gets pushed off so easily it’s borderline funny. It’s such a slow paced game that I would rather lose 3-0 on fut champs because at least then I feel like my players are actually doing something.
  • MDR123456
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    YaBoiAidan wrote: »
    But even at the start of fut 20 I had Vinicius and he was able to make runs. I’ve played over 15 matches now, and I’m in division 3 I have a feel for the game but it’s boring playing professional and winning a huge gap every game but as soon as I jump too world class it’s suddenly as if I’m out of my depth so where should I be playing then? In my opinion they’ve made a huge skill jump from professional to world class which makes no sense I should comfortably be winning matches pretty easy as I can do it with basically any team. I know I’m good at the game but my players feel unnecessarily slow, unclinical, they make pointless mistakes which I can’t even explain how. Fifa are trying to make a realistic game but somehow this gameplay is getting worse and worse.

    Yeah, but they clearly stated that positioning, movement, work rates are going to have a noticeable gap. Meaning a 79 related player with pace will play noticeably different than an 82, or up player with pace. So, just having pace isn’t enough. Other stats will player larger roles.
  • MDR123456
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    YaBoiAidan wrote: »
    The game is boring, defenders who are 6’2 cannot win a header from a 5’8 winger. My 95 physicality player gets pushed off so easily it’s borderline funny. It’s such a slow paced game that I would rather lose 3-0 on fut champs because at least then I feel like my players are actually doing something.

    It always seem slower with each year. We are going from top cards with pace and agility back to regular cards.
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    fifa20 is the pinnacle of worse, It can't get any worse, Its either just as bad or better. From what i have seen it just looks identical to fifa20, i'm not expecting much but what do we expect these days anyway, the effort put into the game for the last 4 years has been borderline pathetic.
  • china2991 wrote: »
    fifa20 is the pinnacle of worse, It can't get any worse, Its either just as bad or better. From what i have seen it just looks identical to fifa20, i'm not expecting much but what do we expect these days anyway, the effort put into the game for the last 4 years has been borderline pathetic.

    Your right but they talk about all this improvement, creative passing or whatever and yet it’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen. Nothing has actually been improved, my gameplay is just as dire as it was at the start of Fifa 20
  • Bobo23 wrote: »
    This right here is why we're stuck in a rut, people are not prepared to stick it out and learn how to play a new game. They complain to EA and within the first month of the game being out it then gets patched back to the previous years dogshot.

    I know EA are far from perfect, but it's the community that make the game just the way it is. It happens every year!

    Ea are literally voted the worst gaming company ever... that’s because they don’t actually listen to what we want. Fast smooth gameplay, football that plays like real life. Nothing about giving the game a month, sure this is the beta but this is still the most pathetic thing I’ve played XD. This is exactly like the previous year but apparently Fifa 20s gameplay was still somehow faster

  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    With a hunter most players have 90+ pace and positioning at the start of a new game. Doesnt mean they make good runs though.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2020
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    This right here is why we're stuck in a rut, people are not prepared to stick it out and learn how to play a new game. They complain to EA and within the first month of the game being out it then gets patched back to the previous years dogshot.

    I know EA are far from perfect, but it's the community that make the game just the way it is. It happens every year!

    Yep. I read "the game is horribly slow" from the OP and instantly thought "Well, here we go again."

    They won't learn to play a new game, don't take into account that the 82-rated players they're using in the beta aren't going to be as fast as the caffeine-fuelled endgame players they were using in FIFA 20 the day before, and instantly start complaining.

    I'm almost glad I'm not in the beta this year. Last year, I really enjoyed it and by the time the full game dropped, it was genuinely sad that EA had pandered to the "OMG THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER YOU GUISE" crowd so much.
    YaBoiAidan wrote: »
    Ea are literally voted the worst gaming company ever... that’s because they don’t actually listen to what we want.

    No, they were voted Worst Company In America by Consumerist, twice, seven years ago, and that wasn't the reason.
  • Blue51287
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    don't complain about any EA game . i did this without any benefit .be more efficient and boycott the game don't buy it .even if millions gonna buy it don't buy it or at least wait 2 months or more after the release
  • YaBoiAidan wrote: »
    This game is so horribly slow, I think I’ve raged more at this FIFA 21 beta then I have done throughout the whole of Fifa 20. Players hardly ever make a run through for a pass even when you put get in behind. Player tracking is so incredibly hard as a player who has 80 agility or below that is like trying to control a double decker bus. I’ve been playing my squad battles on world class because that’s what I can play on I have an 81 rated team so won’t go higher then an 81 rated opposing team as well. But the fact is I have players like Vinicius who just don’t make runs and yet my wingers are the most important playmakers. My Pedro apparently is having a cup of tea at the side and I hardly see him but when I do he decides to pass the ball to the opposition which I absolutely ADORE. My wijanaldum is the only useful player on the team and that’s saying something as he can’t even tackle the opposing players 90% of the time. The pace of the game is slow, players who we have at the start of the game who most of them don’t have over 80+ agility are unusable but yet we are forced to use them. The game is truly worse then FIFA 20, skill moves are useless, AI is basically god after professional difficulty. It makes no sense because I go to winning 10-0 on professional to somehow loosing 4-2 on penalties to a 78 rated team on world class. For some reason the drag back was nerfed and now we have to use R1+L1 or LB+RB which honestly makes the skill 2 move useless because you then have to move your fingers into an uncomfortable position. So far I am thoroughly disappointed

    Great news :)
  • Ballist1x wrote: »
    With a hunter most players have 90+ pace and positioning at the start of a new game. Doesnt mean they make good runs though.

    It makes sense... 'Inteligent' run is computed by different attribute. So slower but clever striker would be better... I hope
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    YaBoiAidan wrote: »
    The game is truly worse then FIFA 20, skill moves are useless, AI is basically god after professional difficulty. It makes no sense because I go to winning 10-0 on professional to somehow loosing 4-2 on penalties to a 78 rated team on world class. For some reason the drag back was nerfed and now we have to use R1+L1 or LB+RB which honestly makes the skill 2 move useless because you then have to move your fingers into an uncomfortable position. So far I am thoroughly disappointed

    This all sounds awesome to me.

    I'm not a "git gud" kinda guy usually, but if you can't beat World Class AI with an evenly-matched team, then it probably isn't the skill moves that are useless. It's probably the times and the positions in which you're attempting to use them. Your apparent reliance on the dragback suggests this is the case, also.

    And I'm not sure how pressing all four buttons on the top of the controller means you have to put your fingers into an uncomfortable position. How on earth are you holding your controller?
  • Dunkirk
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    For some reason the drag back was nerfed

    iqeWx46.gif
  • Rich
    884 posts Semi-Pro
    Beta is wasted on most people
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2020
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    For some reason the drag back was nerfed


    For some reason???

    Are you for real?
Sign In or Register to comment.