Welcome to Arsenal Willian!!!

GoonerDude81
1010 posts Professional
Now before you naysayers go on about his age, he’s the same age as Auba and he’s not doing too bad.

Looking forward to seeing his contribution next season.

Comments

• Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    joke of a transfer. where will he play? Arsenal have enough wingers. Where are the defenders and dms?
  • Bobo23
    5197 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2020
    The main reason he joined Arsenal was because then he can stay in London and run his restaurant with his mate David Luiz :joy:
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    The main reason he joined Arsenal was because then he can stay in London and run his restaurant with his mate David Luiz :joy:

Nah, he just wanted to be at a club on their way up. 😝
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I'm very pleased with this move, simply because I want Pulisic as the first winger on the team sheet every week.
    I'm sure there would have been matches where Lampard was thinking, start Puli or start Willian
  • Slawter
    4359 posts National Call-Up
    Incoming arsenal fans claiming he’s been “one of Chelsea’s best players this season based on the stats” - showing they don’t actually watch football.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    joke of a transfer. where will he play? Arsenal have enough wingers. Where are the defenders and dms?

From what I've read, the plan is to play him in the middle.

I think it's a deal that suits everyone tbh. Chelsea have an abundance of talent up top, Arsenal gain a player who is a top pro, and Willian gets the security of a three year deal.

Basically Peter Cech mark 2.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    I think it's a good deal. He came in for free and have a lot of experience to teach to the young lads. Saka, Martinelli and Nelson can learn a lot from this guy.
  • Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are Arsenal becoming Chelsea's retirement village? :*
  • BadSeedsFC
    Seanregal wrote: »

The FA still hurts? 😘
  • erdhfdsjh
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great news for all the players who took wage cuts to guarantee club's survival and everyone's jobs and all that. Turned out well. Classy club.
  • Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2020
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »

The FA still hurts? 😘

Not a chelsea fan :D an arsenal fan made the same joke after we signed Merse and Pires
  • CFCHenri
    4707 posts National Call-Up
    We finally got rid of him.
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    So much saltyness.

Guys, I’m happy to have him. :)
  • Efrenc90
    1395 posts Play-Off Hero
    As a Chelsea fan I’m sad to see him go. He was a very good player for us and a professional in all aspects. But they couldn’t come to a mutual agreement and he wanted to stay in London so good for him. Going to a team that is rebuilding and he has a lot to offer.
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    signing older decent players is NOT the way to go
  • Kaldmann_X
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    No respect for him.
  • Kaldmann_X
    412 posts Sunday League Hero

The FA still hurts? 😘

Dude, Chelsea did so much better than Arsenal this season. I would stay quiet if I supported Arsenal 🤦‍♂️

I don't support Chelsea btw.
  • madlion
    3206 posts National Call-Up
    Kaldmann_X wrote: »
    No respect for him.

• RichT
    765 posts Semi-Pro
    I think it's a good deal. He came in for free and have a lot of experience to teach to the young lads. Saka, Martinelli and Nelson can learn a lot from this guy.

He can teach them to sit on the subs bench
  • RichT
    765 posts Semi-Pro
    Now when he dives in front of Anthony Taylor he will get a free kick, whereas before if he got fouled he would get a yellow
  • BadSeedsFC

The FA still hurts? 😘

Not a chelsea fan :D an arsenal fan made the same joke after we signed Merse and Pires

Oh, sorry man. Keep it restaurant 👍
  • Rossco160715
    2645 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great move for all involved. Rarely impressing at Chelsea with the exception of free kicks and penalties. Very inconsistent player.

Good deal for Willian - good wage and good contract. Also moving down to a smaller team with no title aspirations will be less pressure to perform. He could end up doing well at Arsenal.
  • Stevo_CT
    3502 posts National Call-Up
    Great move for all involved. Rarely impressing at Chelsea with the exception of free kicks and penalties. Very inconsistent player.

Good deal for Willian - good wage and good contract. Also moving down to a smaller team with no title aspirations will be less pressure to perform. He could end up doing well at Arsenal.

Looking forward to seeing him play for the Gunners. I'm sure the writing was on the wall when the "small" club smacked the "bigger" club to take home a trophy this season.

Not bad for a shocking Arsenal season, Willian is very welcome at Arsenal.

Whether he turns out to be a success or not, time will tell.

I'm know your bitter sentiments do not echo the vast majority of Chelsea supporters.
  • Rossco160715
    I think you’ll find that the majority of fans have been happy to see Willian leave for some time.

A good workhorse with poor numbers. The term flatter to deceive should have been created for Willian. Undoubted ability with no consistency.

No idea what this has to do with winning the diddy cup mind you?
  • BadSeedsFC
    So much gunners hate around here. I guess that we finally are getting back to compete in the top with Mikel ideas, and the saltiness is part of the mourning process of the haters.

COYG!
  • Bobo23
    5197 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2020
    Chelsea fans are not fussed about Willian leaving, especially with Werner and Ziyech already signed and with Havertz likely to follow soon.

Willian served us well but his time was up, it's an new era at the bridge.
  • Rossco160715
    So much gunners hate around here. I guess that we finally are getting back to compete in the top with Mikel ideas, and the saltiness is part of the mourning process of the haters.

COYG!

Again, this nonsense was uttered when Luiz went to Arsenal. I don’t know what is salty about not being remotely bothered about a 31 year old inconsistent bit part player. Arsenal are not a threat to Chelsea and haven’t been for a very long time.

Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd are challengers whilst Arsenal challenge Spurs, Sheffield United and Wolves. That is fact.

Chelsea are spending wisely this summer with Ziyech and Werner and potentially Havertz.

Older players leaving such as Willian and Pedro will leave with their thanks but ultimately know they have to leave to find first team football.

Back up players such as Emerson (rumoured to Inter) also leaving.

With Champions League football again ahead of Chelsea and an exciting few players to join, I fail to see why any single Chelsea fan would be remotely worried about the likes of Arsenal. Mid table mediocrity has no relevance to Chelsea.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner

COYG!
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    Chelsea fans are not fussed about Willian leaving, especially with Werner and Ziyech already signed and with Havertz likely to follow soon.

Willian served us well but his time was up, it's an new era at the bridge.

I would be surprised to see the Havertz deal go through in this window. Massive price tag, and Chelsea has already forked out a decent packet this summer
  • Rossco160715
    Thiago Silva also rumoured to be heading to the Brazilian retirement village at Arsenal.

• GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    Thiago Silva also rumoured to be heading to the Brazilian retirement village at Arsenal.

1. He was linked with Chelsea.
    2. He’s agreed a deal with Fiorentina.
    3. Check your facts before trolling.