Updated Stadiums

asilvaspoon
254 posts Sunday League Hero
Is there an update on what stadiums will be in FIFA 21? Being Portuguese, I've kept harping on about Portuguese stadiums not being in the game. And the Champions League restructured games being played there cement that theory. I'm wondering whether they'll be added in 21. If not, I'm probably just going to switch to PES, where they exist already, and the game is going to be cheaper this year anyway...

Comments

• Hugoku
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They probably would not add all of them, if any. Can you post some pics of ones you think should be in?

I've been moaning about more Liga MX stadiums as well. The Azteca is an old stadium and has fallen behind many of the modern designs of stadiums today.
    While there are not that many big capacity ones in Mexico, we do have at least 2 new modern stadiums that deserve inclusion.

BBVA (Monterrey) 55K Capacity
    EXPERIENCIA-RAYADA-ESTADIO-BBVA-MONTERREY-2.jpg

Akron (Guadalajara) 48K Capacity
    4528631.jpg

or even TSM (Santos Laguna) which is a small stadium (30K) but at least it is more distinctive than the boring fictional ones.

1245869.jpeg

• asilvaspoon
    Hugoku wrote: »
    They probably would not add all of them, if any. Can you post some pics of ones you think should be in?

I've been moaning about more Liga MX stadiums as well. The Azteca is an old stadium and has fallen behind many of the modern designs of stadiums today.
    While there are not that many big capacity ones in Mexico, we do have at least 2 new modern stadiums that deserve inclusion.

BBVA (Monterrey) 55K Capacity
    EXPERIENCIA-RAYADA-ESTADIO-BBVA-MONTERREY-2.jpg

Akron (Guadalajara) 48K Capacity
    4528631.jpg

or even TSM (Santos Laguna) which is a small stadium (30K) but at least it is more distinctive than the boring fictional ones.

1245869.jpeg

Just the big three really. Porto, Sporting and Benfica! But real kits for all the goalies at least!
  • Bluemoon2393
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    I would like to see some stadiums for the Portuguese league like Benfica, Sporting and Porto. Braga's looks very interesting as its north and south stands are entirely made out off rock.

Euro 2004 had the Stadiums from Portugal.
  • SuperKMx
    2511 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm wondering whether they'll be added in 21. If not, I'm probably just going to switch to PES, where they exist already, and the game is going to be cheaper this year anyway...

And people wonder why EA thinks a few graphical updates are enough to get people coming back again and again.
  • DYL
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether they'll be added in 21. If not, I'm probably just going to switch to PES, where they exist already, and the game is going to be cheaper this year anyway...

And people wonder why EA thinks a few graphical updates are enough to get people coming back again and again.

Licensing needs improving especially after a small company like Konami sent EA for a pie last year.
  • SuperKMx
    DYL wrote: »

Licensing needs improving especially after a small company like Konami sent EA for a pie last year.

How on earth do you figure "licensing needs improving" because they lost the rights to one team?

PES 2020 had the "Spanish League" with their officially-licenced Barcelona playing against the likes of Llobregat AB, Madrid Chamartin B, and Pamplona RA...while EA had a fully licenced La Liga and second division, complete with all of the teams. And Barcelona were still Barcelona, despite Konami.

But EA needs to improve their licensing? OK, then.
  • Blade19
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Need the greasy chip butty song at Bramall Lane
  • Crowsy
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    These threads are the ones EA take note of, they see what is the most least amount of effort on their part to get people to part with their or someone else's money.
  • DYL
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited July 25
    DYL wrote: »

How on earth do you figure "licensing needs improving" because they lost the rights to one team?

PES 2020 had the "Spanish League" with their officially-licenced Barcelona playing against the likes of Llobregat AB, Madrid Chamartin B, and Pamplona RA...while EA had a fully licenced La Liga and second division, complete with all of the teams. And Barcelona were still Barcelona, despite Konami.

But EA needs to improve their licensing? OK, then.

PC + PES patch = 100% licensing of all teams and all stadia. Let’s be absolutely clear that this is what EA are up against here!
    Why would I spend that money on a PS5 when I can achieve this with PES on PC this year. Ohhhh it’ll also be cheaper too. It’s an absolute no brainier to me unless these big teams are ALL licensed.
  • asilvaspoon

Crowsy wrote: »
    These threads are the ones EA take note of, they see what is the most least amount of effort on their part to get people to part with their or someone else's money.

Let me guess, you lads support licensed teams, yes? Because that's when everyone who's whinging is the problem for not focusing on 'the bigger issues at hand'. Well, living in Portugal, I for one face no major issues with delay in any form, so for me the issue is a lack of customisation. One man's meat, etc. I mean, clearly my problem isn't an issue for you, so why should the fact that you have poor server issues bother me???
  • SuperKMx
    edited July 26

Crowsy wrote: »

Let me guess, you lads support licensed teams, yes? Because that's when everyone who's whinging is the problem for not focusing on 'the bigger issues at hand'. Well, living in Portugal, I for one face no major issues with delay in any form, so for me the issue is a lack of customisation. One man's meat, etc. I mean, clearly my problem isn't an issue for you, so why should the fact that you have poor server issues bother me???

I support a team that has less licensing than most of the Portuguese teams do. Exeter City. English League Two. Kits, players with default faces. An entirely unusable (in FUT) squad of bronze and silver players. We've had two special cards in two seasons, and both were more or less unusable when released. Same generic stadium as every single other small English/Irish/Scottish team in the game.

And I don't have issues with delay. At all.

So get back to the drawing board and come up with some other crackpot theory as to why I would rather they worked on making the game good and enjoyable, rather than focusing on yet more graphical and licensing changes.
  • Crowsy
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park

How dare you! LOL Serously you get me wrong. I only play Career mode and licensing of teams is important to me and that is why I use mods (PC).

It would be nice to have every ground in the game or even better to let EA give us the tools so the fan base could create whatever they wanted but this is EA.

Ea choose leagues, grounds even individual teams based on what they can get in return. They aren't going to release new grounds in say a country where their customer base is low or piracy is high. EA is all about money grabbing which if fine for a business to a point but somewhere down the line you have to address what the majority of fans want.

So if EA see there is a call for either correcting a gameplay feature which takes effort or just inserting a stadia that might please a few, of course they will do the stadia and leave far more people frustrated.

• Sporting Club Portugal
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited July 27
    EA bring back the Portuguese stadiums from Euro 2004. Negotiate a deal with Sporting, Benfica, FC Porto, Braga are a must. They’ve either won or made the finals in UEFA competitions since. These stadiums are all very unique one of a kind and They’ve also hosted finals. I’d even throw in The stadium of Boavista to this list. They’ve been in the game previously. This would add more realism to the champions league and Europa league as they are always in the competition. If money is an issue release a DLC stadium pack. Don’t get spanked by PES this year again (Taking Juventus, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and river plate licenses).
  • TW1103
    3079 posts National Call-Up
    They should bring back Town Park
  • Hugoku
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA bring back the Portuguese stadiums from Euro 2004. Negotiate a deal with Sporting, Benfica, FC Porto, Braga are a must. They’ve either won or made the finals in UEFA competitions since. These stadiums are all very unique one of a kind and They’ve also hosted finals. I’d even throw in The stadium of Boavista to this list. They’ve been in the game previously. This would add more realism to the champions league and Europa league as they are always in the competition. If money is an issue release a DLC stadium pack. Don’t get spanked by PES this year again (Taking Juventus, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and river plate licenses).

Looked up the Boavista. That's an odd looking stadium. Feels like what a prison stadium would be :lol:
    Certainly unique enough. Would love to see it in-game.

Are there any other stadiums that look like that?
  • RickNU19
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So at the moment we have 6 stadiums confirms:

Estádio de los Cármenes - Granada (Spain)
    El Sadar - Osasuna (Spain)
    Iberostar - RCD Mallorca (Spain)
    Estádio Universitário - Club Tigres (Mexico)
    Providence Park - Portland Timbers (USA)
    La Bombanera - Boca Juniors (Argentina)

There are 7 more stadiums that are almost 100% confirm:

Estádio da Luz - SL Benfica (Portugal)
    Maracanã - Flamengo (Brazil)
    Elland Road - Leeds United (England)
    Stadio San Paolo - Napoli (Italy)
    Benteler-Arena - SC Paderborn (Germany)
    Stadion Alte Forsterei - Union Berlin (Germany)
    Schwarzwald Stadion - Friburg (Germany)

What stadiums you guys think they will add more ?
  • Ashy
    11863 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd like to see Brentfords new stadium in if they get promoted
  • PirateW
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hugoku wrote: »

Looked up the Boavista. That's an odd looking stadium. Feels like what a prison stadium would be :lol:
    Certainly unique enough. Would love to see it in-game.

Are there any other stadiums that look like that?
    Feels like an English stadium inside the ground. I was there for Sweden-Denmark in 2004 when they played out a draw to knock Italy out of group stage.
  • Ajaxamsterdam
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    RickNU19 wrote: »

PSV is partner for 2 years now. Great change they will have their stadium in game
  • Daviddt86
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special

What source?
    Mallorca are Pes partner

Who says they added the other Spanish and German teams.

I am only sure for the promotes English teams.
  • RickNU19
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park

What source?
    Mallorca are Pes partner

Who says they added the other Spanish and German teams.

I am only sure for the promotes English teams. [/quote]

The promoted teams in England i dont know because of COVID-19 if they are doing the scans.

For the germans and spannish its the stadiums from the season 19/20 that arent in FIFA 20 but they whare scanned.
  • nea_tiki
    56 posts Park Captain
    I would like to see the Munich's Olympiastadion in FIFA. It is a legendary venue. It seems that this year it will be host for a third league team.
  • Kasa
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Source for this? I think only confirmed are boca, tigres and providence park. Great list though.
  • Bluemoon2393
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 7
    Kasa wrote: »

Source for this? I think only confirmed are boca, tigres and providence park. Great list though.

Im looking forward to Freiburg's stadium as it looks very nice with the hill background like Huddersfield's and Eibar's stadiums has. I like stadiums with hill/mountain background rather than City based backgrounds.

Napoli, Benfica and Leeds is a must have because off the size off the clubs profiles. I'm hoping EA don't get forced to take down Relegated clubs stadiums off as they are essential to playing on Career mode otherwise we will get bored playing the same boring generic stadiums.

It would be nice if EA had outside and inside stadium views like PES does.
    Post edited by Bluemoon2393 on
  • Rafael1904
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    :'(
  • ArsleWenger
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Some swedish stadiums would be nice, Friends arena (swedish national team and AIK)
    Tele2 arena (Djurgården and Hammarby)