So, what's the difference between next gen and current gen?

NathW90
492 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited August 5
I haven't seen anything that suggests the next gen version is actually going to be any different, other than minorly improved graphics that still didn't look particularly impressive, to current gen?

Same crap engine, same crap, dated physics. For all I know all the footage could be from PS5/XBSX and just look exactly the same as FIFA 20 (which it does, and 19, 18, 17 etc)?

Comments

  • I SiR MartY I
    5872 posts Big Money Move
    No actual news as to what the difference is, have to wait for EA to get announce it.

    Probably something like crossplay or a new engine, but that's just a guess, who knows at this stage.
  • Purplejacket
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    I heard "rumor" a friend said he read somewhere that the next gen was going to be on unreal engine 2. Its a dream if its true but i doubt it.
  • AvalanJ
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I heard "rumor" a friend said he read somewhere that the next gen was going to be on unreal engine 2. Its a dream if its true but i doubt it.

    That will be PES22. EA are married to frostbite. They remove falling down after dodging slide tackles and call it a new improved collision system and then play around with sliders and advertise it as new players personality.

    @op besides graphics and lightning, extra animations (off the ball) iirc from first 21 news, something along the lines of players adjusting shin pads and what not.
  • bagoly87
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 7
    Ea using DICE frostbite engine. Because try save lots of bucks.... the game engine create for FPS games.... after used to racing, sport games and action games... except latest star wars title the Jedi fallen order.
    The good old times ea sport division creat own engin for sport title. Like ignite engine. Fifa 15-16 on pc. Fifa 14-16 console and NHL 19 as well.
    I really missed the ignite engine and impact engine.
    Post edited by bagoly87 on
  • MDR123456
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    NathW90 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything that suggests the next gen version is actually going to be any different, other than minorly improved graphics that still didn't look particularly impressive, to current gen?

    Same crap engine, same crap, dated physics. For all I know all the footage could be from PS5/XBSX and just look exactly the same as FIFA 20 (which it does, and 19, 18, 17 etc)?

    There won’t be a FiFA built for/on next gen until at least FIFA 22
  • MDR123456
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I heard "rumor" a friend said he read somewhere that the next gen was going to be on unreal engine 2. Its a dream if its true but i doubt it.

    That’s is also my understanding
  • Bluemoon2393
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    bagoly87 wrote: »
    Ea using DICE frostbite engine. Because try save lots of bucks.... the game engine create for FPS games.... after used to racing, sport games and action games... except latest star wars title the Jewish fallen order.
    The good old times ea sport division creat own engin for sport title. Like ignite engine. Fifa 15-16 on pc. Fifa 14-16 console and NHL 19 as well.
    I really missed the ignite engine and impact engine.

    You mean Jedi fallen order.

    The difference will be very little with the new consoles having improved graphics and performance. Early days yet but we will see more off the new consoles soon enough.
  • bagoly87 wrote: »
    Ea using DICE frostbite engine. Because try save lots of bucks.... the game engine create for FPS games.... after used to racing, sport games and action games... except latest star wars title the Jewish fallen order.
    The good old times ea sport division creat own engin for sport title. Like ignite engine. Fifa 15-16 on pc. Fifa 14-16 console and NHL 19 as well.
    I really missed the ignite engine and impact engine.

    You mean Jedi fallen order.

    The difference will be very little with the new consoles having improved graphics and performance. Early days yet but we will see more off the new consoles soon enough.

    yep :) auto correct. Edited. 🙈🙊🙉
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 7
    I heard "rumor" a friend said he read somewhere that the next gen was going to be on unreal engine 2. Its a dream if its true but i doubt it.

    Unreal Engine 2? Why would they use a near 20 year old engine when Unreal Engine 5 is coming out?
  • Bluemoon2393
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    I heard "rumor" a friend said he read somewhere that the next gen was going to be on unreal engine 2. Its a dream if its true but i doubt it.

    Unreal Engine 2? Why would they use a near 20 year old engine when Unreal Engine 5 is coming out?

    There definitely using Unreal Engine 5. I think Konami are brave sacrificing a new game and just do a update and then release a brand new game with a built from scratch gameplay.

    Konami have gone for Short Term pain for Long term gain where EA have gone for the same thing every year.
  • Pwalie86
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    No way EA will use Unreal Engine. Think currently they're upgrading Frostbite engine as they did show at EA Play, which looked very impressive. Also think it's the reason why there's no Battlefield this year. Just annual titles and smaller games.
  • flcinusa
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There will be a new version of Frostbite, current one came out in 2013 just as the current gen of consoles came out.

    That'll be the only change
  • TDOF
    3147 posts National Call-Up
    flcinusa wrote: »
    There will be a new version of Frostbite, current one came out in 2013 just as the current gen of consoles came out.

    That'll be the only change

    whats your source on this....
  • flcinusa
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No source, it's just long overdue an overhaul, this is the longest time between frostbite updates
  • MDR123456
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    flcinusa wrote: »
    No source, it's just long overdue an overhaul, this is the longest time between frostbite updates

    Na, 21 is going to be cross platform and Cross gen. It’ll all be on the same FB version. It won’t change until 22.
  • Peewee916
    1116 posts Professional
    MDR123456 wrote: »
    NathW90 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything that suggests the next gen version is actually going to be any different, other than minorly improved graphics that still didn't look particularly impressive, to current gen?

    Same crap engine, same crap, dated physics. For all I know all the footage could be from PS5/XBSX and just look exactly the same as FIFA 20 (which it does, and 19, 18, 17 etc)?

    There won’t be a FiFA built for/on next gen until at least FIFA 22
    This
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3717 posts National Call-Up
    No actual news as to what the difference is, have to wait for EA to get announce it.

    Probably something like crossplay or a new engine, but that's just a guess, who knows at this stage.

    I believe the only difference is better graphics of some sort on the Series X. How much better than the One X god knows.
  • Boommaametw3
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    Lol the game is the same for fifa 21. If you play only fifa then it's not worth to buy ps5 till next year
  • Purplejacket
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    I heard "rumor" a friend said he read somewhere that the next gen was going to be on unreal engine 2. Its a dream if its true but i doubt it.

    Unreal Engine 2? Why would they use a near 20 year old engine when Unreal Engine 5 is coming out?

    As i just heard this from a friend im assuming they meant 5.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    I heard "rumor" a friend said he read somewhere that the next gen was going to be on unreal engine 2. Its a dream if its true but i doubt it.

    Unreal Engine 2? Why would they use a near 20 year old engine when Unreal Engine 5 is coming out?

    As i just heard this from a friend im assuming they meant 5.

    Nah it's cool I just didn't know if I was being dumb or something lmao! :D
Sign In or Register to comment.