EA Q&A questions from the community

2

Comments

  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    I've let this thread cool down for a bit, going to give it a second chance but if there any other conversations around "scripting" and what not we'll shut it down and be forced to sanction those who derailed it.

    Hi @EA_Roger , what’s your favourite cheese?

    It's edam...

    ... Edam back posting again.

    Had a look for some cheese puns online, this one was terrible

    “Y'all gon' make me lose my rind. Up in here. Up in here”

    I made a joke about treadmills once. Nothing special. Just your run of the mill joke
  • Dragon0102
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Mogga wrote: »
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    I've let this thread cool down for a bit, going to give it a second chance but if there any other conversations around "scripting" and what not we'll shut it down and be forced to sanction those who derailed it.

    How comes we only ever see you about when that's mentioned yet there's loads of legitimate queries or questions on a daily basis and you never reply or comment .

    I get you can't reply to everything but one or two responses would be good 👍

    Usually it's because that sort of comment is reported which brings it to our attention significantly faster. We're tagged in a lot of threads and posts and we're not feasibly going to be able to get to all of them quickly as I've stated in the past as well as sometimes we just don't have answers for people and instead of wasting your time with no answer we'd rather wait till we have something definitive for you.

    I honestly want to know what happens when I go 2 goals up or from kickoff or at 45 mins mark. I mean my team goes to walking in mud.
    I know it sounds like I am complaining about what we shouldn’t mention here but it’s really not. I just want to learn to get better and surely you will understand how you will lose all concentration and will to play when this happens. Is it

    1. Opponent activates team press and some bug in game slows down my player
    2. Is it because depending on fitness - the team with lower fitness suffers
    3. Opponent changes formation and I need to go ultra- defensive
    4. Do you check ping between players after every event and keep adjusting the lag compensation.
    5. AI calculation in background takes a long time after a stop so they don’t respond
    6. Some remnants of momentum code from earlier versions ( if not just get rid of the damn commentator saying “I feel the momentum is shifting.., “)
    7. It’s all in my head. If yes, you need to play test your game properly and show me videos that response time of AI was identical before and after.
  • Knowlesdinho
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 7
    Dragon0102 wrote: »
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Mogga wrote: »
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    I've let this thread cool down for a bit, going to give it a second chance but if there any other conversations around "scripting" and what not we'll shut it down and be forced to sanction those who derailed it.

    How comes we only ever see you about when that's mentioned yet there's loads of legitimate queries or questions on a daily basis and you never reply or comment .

    I get you can't reply to everything but one or two responses would be good 👍

    Usually it's because that sort of comment is reported which brings it to our attention significantly faster. We're tagged in a lot of threads and posts and we're not feasibly going to be able to get to all of them quickly as I've stated in the past as well as sometimes we just don't have answers for people and instead of wasting your time with no answer we'd rather wait till we have something definitive for you.

    I honestly want to know what happens when I go 2 goals up or from kickoff or at 45 mins mark. I mean my team goes to walking in mud.
    I know it sounds like I am complaining about what we shouldn’t mention here but it’s really not. I just want to learn to get better and surely you will understand how you will lose all concentration and will to play when this happens. Is it

    1. Opponent activates team press and some bug in game slows down my player
    2. Is it because depending on fitness - the team with lower fitness suffers
    3. Opponent changes formation and I need to go ultra- defensive
    4. Do you check ping between players after every event and keep adjusting the lag compensation.
    5. AI calculation in background takes a long time after a stop so they don’t respond
    6. Some remnants of momentum code from earlier versions ( if not just get rid of the damn commentator saying “I feel the momentum is shifting.., “)
    7. It’s all in my head. If yes, you need to play test your game properly and show me videos that response time of AI was identical before and after.

    It's not to be discussed, but I think most of your points can be answered by the fact that the game is poorly coded and riddled with bugs.

    Point 6 is standard commentary for most sports, and even at an amateur level just playing with mates you would say that someone has gained momentum. You would even say that in a board game, it's just a turn of phrase to say someone is gaining the upper hand. It's only become an issue to those that look for excuses as to why they lose.

    The fact is, real men play without in game sounds and listen to the sound of music soundtrack instead.
  • LordVader
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any update on the Switch bug that has prevented trading on almost all TOTSSF cards for the last 11 days? Here are the threads in case you missed them:

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/561839/tots-bug
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Most-TOTSSF-cards-now-have-a-base-value-of-10k-making-trading/td-p/9361922

    I understand you probably get tagged in lot of threads and posts so I added a post in here as it is a thread that EA have responded to. Thanks.

    @EA_Roger @EA_Rtas
  • MrGT
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Yeah come on EA sorting out a massive bug like this is very important to the switch community. Greenwood sbc today was a good start but this really needs to be fixed else a lot of players wont buy fifa 21. @EA_Roger

  • Anomanyny
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    "There is no scripting, handicap or momentum"

    They're never gonna get rid of them if they get to lie about it without consequences. You hit posts and all that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ whenever the game doesn't want you to score, it's so obvious that denying it only makes EA liars. I can see momentum/handicap happening in the game and EA denying it doesn't raise any doubt about it. Every time anyone scores it only happens because the AI decided to give a goal. Player position and skills probably have a little to do about it, but i'm sure it's way less than the score AI wants to have. They try to make the game more exciting by giving out goals more equally but it only results in me not giving a damn even if i score. Good job EA(Sarcasm!).

    There isn't really any real physics or randomness involved in the direction the ball goes. Once you've played 10 games you've seen all the scripts there is for ball and player movement. The ball should go wherever the physics would send it, but it doesn't in FIFA. You can also see the players accelerating slower than they should so that they almost get to the ball before opponent, but only almost. This happens almost all the time.

    Last thing i can remember now is the secretness of the UT Rivals divisions. Why can't i see which division my opponent is in? I'm sure i can answer that myself though. I started to play FIFA 20 again in june on PC and the matchmaking finds my opponent very fast, which is weird for PC(It's hard to get a 5 vs 5 Pro-Clubs going now, because the 2 minutes is not enough to get 10 players in sometimes). I'm sure that it picks the first opponent it finds, which usually is some player who plays a lot. My personal best is 4th div which was years ago, so i'm not good player. Now i lose a bit more than i win, some draws(Lots of hacking wins by opponents who score first and quit the game), my DIV is 10 and i rank between 0 and 100, so i might be the worst player on FIFA 20 UT on PC. Most of my opponent have godly players, they may not be whales but they've sure played tons of matches. There's no way that my opponents are from div 7-10, they got to be the first opponents that the matchmaker finds and probably play in higher divs. This has been the case for some years now and is so consistent, that i doubt they all have relegated on purpose. Every now and then i get to play against another casual who doesn't hack, those games are great even with the bull&%¤# EA has put in the game.

    All the Q&A's except the question about scripting are useless because they don't matter as long as the AI decides who gets to score. And the only question that matters they lie the answer. Great Q&A 0/10.
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Guess this thread will be closed...
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Anomanyny wrote: »
    "There is no scripting, handicap or momentum"

    They're never gonna get rid of them if they get to lie about it without consequences. You hit posts and all that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ whenever the game doesn't want you to score, it's so obvious that denying it only makes EA liars. I can see momentum/handicap happening in the game and EA denying it doesn't raise any doubt about it. Every time anyone scores it only happens because the AI decided to give a goal. Player position and skills probably have a little to do about it, but i'm sure it's way less than the score AI wants to have. They try to make the game more exciting by giving out goals more equally but it only results in me not giving a damn even if i score. Good job EA(Sarcasm!).

    There isn't really any real physics or randomness involved in the direction the ball goes. Once you've played 10 games you've seen all the scripts there is for ball and player movement. The ball should go wherever the physics would send it, but it doesn't in FIFA. You can also see the players accelerating slower than they should so that they almost get to the ball before opponent, but only almost. This happens almost all the time.

    Last thing i can remember now is the secretness of the UT Rivals divisions. Why can't i see which division my opponent is in? I'm sure i can answer that myself though. I started to play FIFA 20 again in june on PC and the matchmaking finds my opponent very fast, which is weird for PC(It's hard to get a 5 vs 5 Pro-Clubs going now, because the 2 minutes is not enough to get 10 players in sometimes). I'm sure that it picks the first opponent it finds, which usually is some player who plays a lot. My personal best is 4th div which was years ago, so i'm not good player. Now i lose a bit more than i win, some draws(Lots of hacking wins by opponents who score first and quit the game), my DIV is 10 and i rank between 0 and 100, so i might be the worst player on FIFA 20 UT on PC. Most of my opponent have godly players, they may not be whales but they've sure played tons of matches. There's no way that my opponents are from div 7-10, they got to be the first opponents that the matchmaker finds and probably play in higher divs. This has been the case for some years now and is so consistent, that i doubt they all have relegated on purpose. Every now and then i get to play against another casual who doesn't hack, those games are great even with the bull&%¤# EA has put in the game.

    All the Q&A's except the question about scripting are useless because they don't matter as long as the AI decides who gets to score. And the only question that matters they lie the answer. Great Q&A 0/10.

    Delete this post. You're going to get the thread closed.
  • Kobayashi
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    The first rule of fight club is that you do not talk about fight club,so what's the second rule?? The fact that EA had a patent application in 2017 which was based around 'monetisation' & user engagement says it all, funny how EA are forced into giving some replies before the launch of a new game, all people want to know is will the gameplay be fair and square regarding connection and button responsiveness. If this answer is no then just say so.
  • Dragon0102
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Where are they asking and answering these questions?
    I have a lot of questions to ask.
  • Dragon0102
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    1. Defending - We were told in FIFA 20 launch that defending will be manual but it was patched to AI defending in 1st patch. Why? And how do we know the same thing what happen in FIFA 21.

    2. Defending - why does the ball bounce back to the opponent when you tackle? Is this fixed?

    3. Input delay - what has been done to fix it?
    4. Input delay - Why do one side players respond faster than the other?

    6. Lag compensation- Is there lag compensation in the game?

    7. Agile dribbling - why did your technical team work on improving dribbling? Which community or customer survey gave this as top input instead of above points?

    8. Chaining skill moves - Why was chaining skill moves increased to 3? Which customer survey or input say this was a big problem?

    9. Customer VOC - You guys have got marketing or communications degree right? Why doesn’t EA do customer VOC when it is done by every company in the world and taught in every university course?
  • Knowlesdinho
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    Well done guys... a good informative thread will be closed because you can't keep your mouths shut.
  • Kobayashi
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well done guys... a good informative thread will be closed because you can't keep your mouths shut.

    People are waiting for 'answers' on Fifa 20 and need to know if the multiple issues raised every day have been fixed for FIFA 21, they are legitimate fair questions that have never been given full technical responses. We are told to come to the forums, so we are here waiting for answers
  • Knowlesdinho
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    Kobayashi wrote: »
    Well done guys... a good informative thread will be closed because you can't keep your mouths shut.

    People are waiting for 'answers' on Fifa 20 and need to know if the multiple issues raised every day have been fixed for FIFA 21, they are legitimate fair questions that have never been given full technical responses. We are told to come to the forums, so we are here waiting for answers

    The answer is that it doesn't exist.
  • EA_Roger
    1324 posts EA Community Manager
    Looks like RadioShaq was right, as always. If you want to make another thread about the Q&A without the scripting part it may not lead to the same outcome. Thanks & sorry for those who tried to keep it constructive.
This discussion has been closed.