TOTY De Ligt

Lackosweat
7535 posts League Winner
How is he at this stage of the game guys ?

Comments

• Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    I dont come up against him often but when I do I pay the price for underestimating him

I always assume hes tosh because I dont see him in many teams but he is a brick wall.
  • Swanz05
    2501 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used him a few weeks ago & for me he's one of those that didn't age real well
  • Lackosweat
    7535 posts League Winner
    I dont come up against him often but when I do I pay the price for underestimating him

I always assume hes tosh because I dont see him in many teams but he is a brick wall.

Yeah, I’ve never really looked into this card until lately as I saw his price went down a lot.
    Swanz05 wrote: »

Is he clunky or just underwhelming despite his insane stats ?
  • Swanz05
    2501 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lackosweat wrote: »

Yeah, I’ve never really looked into this card until lately as I saw his price went down a lot.

I guess you could say both. He used to take a while to accelerate but then he was like a train. Now he's just slow. Better off with TOTS cbs imo eg D Carlos or even Marquinos/Smalling if you can fit them in.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up

I think the lack of links at the time meant he wasmt as popular but thats not really an issue now
  • JWNYsg
    2800 posts Fans' Favourite
    for his price you can get other CBs but I'd still use him with shadow
  • Lackosweat
    7535 posts League Winner

I think the lack of links at the time meant he wasmt as popular but thats not really an issue now

Yeah, he’s got great links indeed. The trio of CR7, Danilo and himself looks crazy !
  • AvalanJ
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A freaking wall.
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I enjoy De Ligt & with Matuidi in front & Danilo to the right, they are tough to break down.
  • Lackosweat
    7535 posts League Winner
    AvalanJ wrote: »
    A freaking wall.
    Ballerson wrote: »
    I enjoy De Ligt & with Matuidi in front & Danilo to the right, they are tough to break down.

Nice ! I might have to give a try.
  • garmak
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Excellent defender. No real weaknesses.
  • ContraCode64
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    My favourite CB this year. Still using him without issue on 8 chem with shadow. He's a wall and partners SH Lenglet perfectly. Tried replacing him with VVD, Luiz and the other usual suspects but he just works best for me. I play 4222 with a high(ish) line for what it's worth.