There is not a single day I play this game that I don't get some kind of abuse

what3v3r
554 posts An Exciting Prospect
And I am not event talking about, celebrations or things like that, I am doing about people going entirely out of their way to annoy or insult me. Some things that happened last week and this week

1. Playing for Semedo on Division 1 using an untradadable La liga team + TOTSF Nani. I scored the first goal, my opponent then turns on pressure tactics. I realize that and turn on as well. After the game he sends me message calling me names saying why defend like that in July.

2. Playing for Semedo again with the cheap team. This time against one of those typical division 1 squad, I remember this got my attention because he had Prime Gullit, not a common sight. He scores the first goal, I equalize and then he scores the second before half time. During the half time break, he starts sending me abusive message, saying I ruin the game with the way I play (which is not different to the way he plays) He was playing better than me and had a better team, but maybe he got too carried away that I was able to win the game 3x2. After the game he messages me "of course", "it is always like that. I did not even bother to reply.

3. One more time playing for Semedo. It looked like a decent tight game. It was 1x1 until the 60 minute. When I scored one goal, the opponent went full pressure and I score 2 more goals. He must have gotten super furious and proceeded to use all his 3 pauses, one after the other, clearly trying to annoy me. I didn't bother, just took the chance to get the goal and assists I needed for Fati and Semedo. When he realized I was actually enjoying the situation he started playing again to prevent me of getting the goals. Ironically, I got what I neeeded for Semedo that game and sent him a thank you message.

4. Playing friendlies with TOTY for the rare players pack. I score two goals, and the guy pauses. I get up to get some water and have a quick glance at the message he sent. I could not read exactly but I assumed he was asking for goal, I then let him score. He pauses the game and quits. I open the messages and he was saying I was a noob gold 2 player scoring ❤️❤️❤️❤️ goals.

Seriously , if you are this kind of person you need to review your life.

Comments

• Hannayiom
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's just another example of the awful toxic community FIFA has.

For every 10 messages I get, 1 will be someone decent.
  • what3v3r
    Jimmi855 wrote: »
    Just turn messages off??!

or maybe we can discuss the fact that people feel so entitled to try to offend/insult/annoy another human being, using a tool that could be used to socialize and interact with people that share the same hobby with you.
  • what3v3r
    Dutch3723 wrote: »
    Must be something to do with the way you play then. Nobody gets that many messages unless they play with a particular style. Do you keep the ball / spam skill moves etc... there’ll be something that annoys your opponents so figure out what it is

Irrespective of how I play, do you think that it is justifiable? After all , I am just playing the game like they are, and trying to win like they are. I get frustrated when I play against drop back defenses, but I get it. It is in the game and people play the way I can. I don't feel like insulting anyone because of that, and I don't see why a mature stable person would do the same. Perhaps I'm getting too old to understand this.
  • Mogga
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    Keyboard Warriors. They`ll be weedy pathetic specimens in real life who would go full Forrest Gump if you were stood in front of them
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    It's not justifiable
  • Dutch3723
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    what3v3r wrote: »
    Must be something to do with the way you play then. Nobody gets that many messages unless they play with a particular style. Do you keep the ball / spam skill moves etc... there’ll be something that annoys your opponents so figure out what it is

Irrespective of how I play, do you think that it is justifiable? After all , I am just playing the game like they are, and trying to win like they are. I get frustrated when I play against drop back defenses, but I get it. It is in the game and people play the way I can. I don't feel like insulting anyone because of that, and I don't see why a mature stable person would do the same. Perhaps I'm getting too old to understand this.

Yep - fair point. But presumably you are playing in a style that winds them up? I never get messages like the ones you describe but I don’t (can’t!) do any skill move spams, play balanced and don’t watch replays etc... Still, you’re correct - there no justification for doing this so maybe just turn messages off unless you want to engage with them?
  • Hannayiom
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I get abuse because my team is great and I'm not!!

I float around the lower leagues, quite content. I've had death wishes on my family!!

Its the FIFA community as we know it. I get this with NO other game.
  • what3v3r

Yep - fair point. But presumably you are playing in a style that winds them up? I never get messages like the ones you describe but I don’t (can’t!) do any skill move spams, play balanced and don’t watch replays etc... Still, you’re correct - there no justification for doing this so maybe just turn messages off unless you want to engage with them?

I never watch replays and celebrations not even if the person watches theirs, I just don't have the patience to wait for the cut scenes. I play balance 5 everything except attacking width which I play 6. One of the guys that played me complained that he played 10 depth so he was morally superior and could insult me.

Regarding the play style, yes I do lots of skill moves and lots of player switching pressing and I understand it annoys people, it annoys myself when I play those people. However, what were they expecting when playing the game in division 1, while they were playing themselves the same style. I hate playing high elo matches, I have opened a few discussions about that, but if I am playing division 1 I have to understand that this is how high ranked matches are, and if anything, it is EA's fault.
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    I get messages every other game these days. Always when I have won. I think I will turn messages off.
  • kraid
    5361 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 6
    I very rarely get any hate messages playing in div 1. I know you’ve said you play balance etc but you must be doing something really really annoying 😁

Contrary to the popular opinion in this thread, if you play like a douche you’re gonna get called a douche. I played a game in wl last week where the guy had over 60% possession in the first half and didn’t take a single shot, his right back had the most passes of anyone in his team. This guy was a douche, the game ended with him on 57% possession having had 1 shot on target the whole game. So at the end of the game I called him a douche (or words to that effect)

People have to remember it’s a 2 player game, you’re not playing the cpu, you’re playing a person. It may be fun for you to hold the ball for a whole half, but it’s not fun for the other person. I enjoy fast paced end to end play, where both players have an opportunity to attack, imo that’s fair to both players.

I’m not saying this is how you play but if you’re playing in a way that annoys people enough to be getting regular messages about it. It may be an idea to try and look at what you’re doing to get this reaction instead of blaming everyone else for it.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    kraid wrote: »
    I very rarely get any hate messages playing in div 1. I know you’ve said you play balance etc but you must be doing something really really annoying 😁

Contrary to the popular opinion in this thread, if you play like a douche you’re gonna get called a douche. I played a game in wl last week where the guy had over 60% possession in the first half and didn’t take a single shot, his right back had the most passes of anyone in his team. This guy was a douche, the game ended with him on 57% possession having had 1 shot on target the whole game. So at the end of the game I called him a douche (or words to that effect)

People have to remember it’s a 2 player game, you’re not playing the cpu, you’re playing a person. It may be fun for you to hold the ball for a whole half, but it’s not fun for the other person. I enjoy fast paced end to end play, where both players have an opportunity to attack, imo that’s fair to both players.

I’m not saying this is how you play but if you’re playing in a way that annoys people enough to be getting regular messages about it. It may be an idea to try and look at what you’re doing to get this reaction instead of blaming everyone else for it.

Or alternatively, people can accept they got beat, move on and not send rage filled messages.

I dont see how it can be justified.
  • Kaldmann_X
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't think I've even received 1 message from a fut opponent this FIFA, unless I sent first.
  • madlion
    70 posts Park Captain
    just turn off messages from non friends
  • Riftydogg1
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    Turn off messages and let the little muppets lose their sh17 as they cant message you.
  • ChappellRovers
    3144 posts National Call-Up
    Interesting. Iv received 3 messages in two weeks.

Two positive messages saying nice team and good game, resulting in having a nice chat.

One off a French guy who was a self relegator and wanted to get back up the divisions. Firstly, he was expecting sympathy for his situation of self relegation and for me to give him the win so he could go back up the divisions which was never gonna happen. Then a truckload of abuse because i won 2-1 and I wasn’t “supposed to win”. Queue accusations that i have a shall we say a “special” relationship with EA employees. Lmao, I just found it hilarious tbh.
  • Mogga
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    must admit i turned messages off ages ago as my son plays fortnite on the same console. used to get some horrific ones like about cancer and stuff
  • what3v3r

For me, it is very rare to have a game in division 1 where I or my opponent hold possession. I Rarely see drop back as well. Division is mostly pressing game, which I admit I do, as well as chaining skill moves. But again, this is how the game is played, this is how everyone plays in this ranking. If I don't play like this I will be relegated which I think it much worse for the community. And we are all entitled to have opinions on how people play, I don't enjoy players that park the bus, but fair enough, if he enjoys the style, if he has delay, if he has a bad team, whatever is the reason, I respect that. It might be a boring game for me, but speaking in similarly terms , it is another human being trying to play a game and have fun just like you. Whatever happens in the game, stays in the game, the least you can do is show respect for people.
  • Jimmi855 wrote: »
    Just turn messages off??!

This👆
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    or maybe we can discuss the fact that people feel so entitled to try to offend/insult/annoy another human being, using a tool that could be used to socialize and interact with people that share the same hobby with you.
    This behaviour has been around since forever. Anonymity + competitive situations do that. I turned messages off after like 3 matches of UFC 2, I don't get how anyone would want to leave messages open.
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 6
    Yep the community is toxic because most players can’t juggle a ball more than 4 times in rl but in a quasi simulation they can do what their heros do. Anonymity and the way the “simulation”’is teeed up can get people triggered... I find the physicality and the poor refs, the utterly wrong offsides calls to be the worst —

But when it comes to having respect for opps or not having respect, its the team press feature In its current lame form that bothers me. Yes its an option provided by ea but so is the cannonball celebration...its so overpowered and so unskilled I think people who set up their team to exploit it and begin a game with it are unworthy...if ea provided better ways to counter the nuclear gegen press I wouldn’t feel this way as there would be viable counters... not trying to pick a fight here just sharing my views.

Still, absolutely nothing justifies the vile messages you get..they can say they don’t like the way you play etc...but ad hominem or worse like threats or just crass put downs, never...
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ballerson wrote: »
    Yes its an option provided by ea but so is the cannonball celebration
    Wait, what's wrong with the cannonball celebration?
  • gregsii
    1298 posts Professional

For me, it is very rare to have a game in division 1 where I or my opponent hold possession. I Rarely see drop back as well. Division is mostly pressing game, which I admit I do, as well as chaining skill moves. But again, this is how the game is played, this is how everyone plays in this ranking. If I don't play like this I will be relegated which I think it much worse for the community. And we are all entitled to have opinions on how people play, I don't enjoy players that park the bus, but fair enough, if he enjoys the style, if he has delay, if he has a bad team, whatever is the reason, I respect that. It might be a boring game for me, but speaking in similarly terms , it is another human being trying to play a game and have fun just like you. Whatever happens in the game, stays in the game, the least you can do is show respect for people.

I don't respect people that play the game in a scummy way.

I actually feel dirty if I drop to the levels of the people I hate in this game and so for that reason I just don't do it.
    By that I mean people who;-

-do not control a single defender when defending they just run around with the CDM
    -continuous dragbacks
    -team press button ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    -run to the byline cut back continuously ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ annoys me so much its literally the only way people score against me - boring boring boring people in this game.

If a guy I am playing is abusing any of the above he automatically goes into my 'this guy is an absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️' criteria and if I am winning near the end I will deliberately waste time, watching every single replay etc as I know sooner or later the four tactics mentioned above will end up in a crap goal conceded for me due to 'reasons unknown'.

You might think I am scummy doing that but these sheep deserve it and @what3v3r if you abuse the above then that is probably why you get a lot of hate.

I do receive messages for time wasting in the last 10 minutes but sometimes I do not know what else to do when the freak has enabled team press and my team stop playing entirely.
    I tend to sub on Kubo, run up the pitch into the corner and then run all the way back down the pitch into my corner, pass it across the field and repeat.... it seems to be the only safe way for me to counter the awful team press button.
    Screw all of you team press ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Personally that 'feature' should be removed.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    gregsii wrote: »

I actually feel dirty if I drop to the levels of the people I hate in this game and so for that reason I just don't do it.

-do not control a single defender when defending they just run around with the CDM
    -continuous dragbacks
    -run to the byline cut back continuously ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️ annoys me so much its literally the only way people score against me - boring boring boring people in this game.

If a guy I am playing is abusing any of the above he automatically goes into my 'this guy is an absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️' criteria and if I am winning near the end I will deliberately waste time, watching every single replay etc as I know sooner or later the four tactics mentioned above will end up in a crap goal conceded for me due to 'reasons unknown'.

You might think I am scummy doing that but these sheep deserve it and @what3v3r if you abuse the above then that is probably why you get a lot of hate.

I do receive messages for time wasting in the last 10 minutes but sometimes I do not know what else to do when the freak has enabled team press and my team stop playing entirely.
    I tend to sub on Kubo, run up the pitch into the corner and then run all the way back down the pitch into my corner, pass it across the field and repeat.... it seems to be the only safe way for me to counter the awful team press button.
    Screw all of you team press ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Personally that 'feature' should be removed.

That's still not justification.

"He is playing the game in a way I dont like and it angers me so I'm going to take it out on him"

Not good man.
  • gregsii
    1298 posts Professional
    edited August 6

-continuous dragbacks

That's still not justification.

"He is playing the game in a way I dont like and it angers me so I'm going to take it out on him"

Not good man.

These people know what they're doing.

They abuse overpowered mechanics to gain advantage.

They deserve everything they get and I love receiving rage messages after I beat them.

It feels good for me because I play the game like a decent human being. I actually manually press with my players. I try things that are not the 'meta'.

I would not feel happy about myself following the sheep. It might seem weird but that's just me and its probably why I can't get Elite anymore.

Like I said, screw the team press freaks and mechanic abusers. Whenever I play these people its as if I am playing a robot... Rinse and repeat the same thing over and over until it eventually works.

They should have a mode in FIFA called 'Mechanic abuser mode' so the decent human beings can play each other in the Non mechanic abuser mode and if the game notices any abusing of mechanics you lose the game.
    That way all the scummy players can abuse mechanics until their hearts content.
    That would be the dream.
  • Seanregal
    1339 posts Professional
    Regardless of how you play no one deserves messages like you describe. Plus you deserve a little pat on the back for doing objectives in your own division.
  • Seanregal
    1339 posts Professional

-continuous dragbacks

Freak? If i'm 2-1 down in the 75 and opp is playing a possesion game too right i'm going to pressure. That description of your play sounds just as annoying as your opp.
  • gregsii
    1298 posts Professional
    Seanregal wrote: »

-continuous dragbacks

Freak? If i'm 2-1 down in the 75 and opp is playing a possesion game too right i'm going to pressure. That description of your play sounds just as annoying as your opp.

I think you misread what I said.

At no point in the game do I randomly just waste time, i always try to score more goals.

I only start wasting time if said opponent turns on team press towards the end of the game.
  • Seanregal
    1339 posts Professional
    Seanregal wrote: »

-continuous dragbacks

I think you misread what I said.

At no point in the game do I randomly just waste time, i always try to score more goals.

I only start wasting time if said opponent turns on team press towards the end of the game.
    Thats fair enough but what i'm trying to ask is what is wrong if your behind in the latter stages of a game, going all out attack and pressure to get level. Seems like a fine tactic to me, hardly freakish.