How do you deal with toxicity?

Comments

• Scu11duggery
    1264 posts Professional
    I never stoop to their level. Whether I'm winning comfortably or losing and they are a tool about it. Nothing to gain by retaliating. You're more likely to reinforce their belief that it's appropriate to behave like that and justify it to them.

It doesn't happen often, but every now and then, I get people who do the whole thing once or twice, but once they realise I'm not doing it or responding, they stop themselves.
  • Diggy
    14803 posts Has That Special Something
    Laugh at the children
  • Tennster10
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    Miigue wrote: »
    I was in fut champions, suddenly my opponent scores, and proceeds to shush and dab. Ok so far so good. In the next few minutes, he did a slide tackle with lenglet, red card. He immediately quits the game at 1-0. I messaged him that he must have a sad life to not only shush and dab, but to quit after a red card. He called me a sissy. I reported him, and he got banned, and probably couldn't finish his WL. I call that Karma

🤣 nice one
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was in fut champions, suddenly my opponent scores, and proceeds to shush and dab. Ok so far so good. In the next few minutes, he did a slide tackle with lenglet, red card. He immediately quits the game at 1-0. I messaged him that he must have a sad life to not only shush and dab, but to quit after a red card. He called me a sissy. I reported him, and he got banned, and probably couldn't finish his WL. I call that Karma

How do you know he got banned? Banned by whom?
  • DutyHarry
    6035 posts Big Money Move
    Ballerson wrote: »

How do you know he got banned? Banned by whom?

Prolly just a communication ban, he finished his wl.
  • barslan
    41 posts Park Captain
    I never stoop to their level. Whether I'm winning comfortably or losing and they are a tool about it. Nothing to gain by retaliating. You're more likely to reinforce their belief that it's appropriate to behave like that and justify it to them.

It doesn't happen often, but every now and then, I get people who do the whole thing once or twice, but once they realise I'm not doing it or responding, they stop themselves.

I absolutely agree with you my mate.

Also, during kickoff, I flick the right stick to left (I congratulate them for the goal they scored.) So, sometimes (more than %50), they realise I'm not doing it or responding, they stop themselves.