6000+ Word essay pitch notes for fifa 21

Comments

• GoonerDude81
    1005 posts Professional
    edited August 4
    Skill Moves Improvements
    We’ve made some very important changes and improvements to Skill Moves in FIFA 21.

General Improvements

Reduced the penalty and error for chaining Skill Moves.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Increased the number of complex Skill Moves that you can chain without the ball getting away to 3, up from 2 in FIFA 20.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Complex Skill Moves examples include Elastico, Drag Back and La Croquetta.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Increased the number of normal Skill Moves that you can chain without the ball getting away to 6, up from 3 in FIFA 20.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Normal Skill Moves example include Stop and Turn, Fake Shot and Heel to Heel.

Easy Skill Moves (e.g. Ball Roll or Stepover) can be chained without penalty.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Note that the numbers above represent the values possible if you execute exactly what is laid out above, and will vary slightly in other situations. For example, chaining up to 6 normal Skill Moves is possible, but that value would change if one of the Skill Moves was a complex Skill Move.
    Remapped Drag Back to be L1/LB + R1/RB + Left-Stick in 180° of player facing angle.

Added Player Personality to Drag Back, making it slower for lower Skill Move Rating players.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Technical improvements to create a more reliable Skill Moves detection system.
    Details around some of these changes can be found in the (Online) Gameplay Responsiveness section below.
    Ball distance was made closer for Rainbows and Flicks.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Greater leniency to allow the triggering of a Skill Move when the combination of the Right Stick/Left Stick inputs, combined with the direction the player is facing, are not exactly perfect.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Prioritized Skill Move execution over sprint requests.
    All Access Skill Moves - All players can now perform Right Stick Skill Moves, but their effectiveness depends directly on their Skill Move Rating and Attributes. Lower rated players will perform slower and more error prone variants of some of these Skill Moves. These include:

Low-Skill Roulette
    Low-Skill Heel to Heel
    Low-Skill Feint and Exit
    Low-Skill Stop and Turn
    Low-Skill Drag Back Spin
    Low-Skill Simple Rainbow
    Skill Move Cancel - Some Skill Moves can now be cancelled (L2/LT + R2/RT)

All Fake Shots
    Feint Forward and Turn
    Three Touch Roulette
    Lane Change
    Turn and Spin
    Stop And Turn
    Fake Pass Exit
    Scoop Turn
    New Skill Moves added

Feint Forward and Turn (RS back + RS back)
    Drag to Heel (L1/LB + RS back then RS left/right)
    Ball Roll Fake Turn (hold L2/LT + RS forward then RS left/right)

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

So not regretting my decision to buy Fifa 21 on switch. Will be only half as bad as the next gen versions 😂
  • newguy
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Skill moves are back B)

What does it say about that? Cba to read
  • Glass0nion
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    no point in reading any of it. 3 months after its released they patch it so your playing fifa17
  • greif44
    3699 posts National Call-Up
    I just watched another 3.5 min trailer focused mainly on the gameplay aspects. And went through Pitch notes.

My 0.02:

I already can see that right stick dribbling, that is so ridiculously OP in 20, is still in 21.

"Reduced the penalty and error for chaining Skill Moves.
    Increased the number of complex Skill Moves that you can chain without the ball getting away to 3, up from 2 in FIFA 20.
    Complex Skill Moves examples include Elastico, Drag Back and La Croquetta."

So now people can do even more "complex" drag backs. Lmao. In 20 you already can chain like ten drag backs and the ball is not going anywhere.

I can`t say that I went through Pitch notes very thoroughly, but I haven`t seen anything regarding AI defending which has been pretty buffed in 19 and 20

Some new features that are supposed to give more control - that sounds nice as attacking AI is very straightforward. Manual headers - that`s nice as well, at least sounds like there will be some sort of control.

But overall, given my experience with how things are going before release of new FIFA and early after its release, I`m not very impressed. Every year they introduce "new features" like if they were making a football game for the first time and had no idea of what football actually is.
  • Retro1989
    5293 posts Big Money Move
    Drag backs are classed as "Complex"
    200.gif
  • TDOF
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    greif44 wrote: »
    I just watched another 3.5 min trailer focused mainly on the gameplay aspects. And went through Pitch notes.

My 0.02:

I already can see that right stick dribbling, that is so ridiculously OP in 20, is still in 21.

"Reduced the penalty and error for chaining Skill Moves.
    Complex Skill Moves examples include Elastico, Drag Back and La Croquetta."

So now people can do even more "complex" drag backs. Lmao. In 20 you already can chain like ten drag backs and the ball is not going anywhere.

I can`t say that I went through Pitch notes very thoroughly, but I haven`t seen anything regarding AI defending which has been pretty buffed in 19 and 20

Some new features that are supposed to give more control - that sounds nice as attacking AI is very straightforward. Manual headers - that`s nice as well, at least sounds like there will be some sort of control.

But overall, given my experience with how things are going before release of new FIFA and early after its release, I`m not very impressed. Every year they introduce "new features" like if they were making a football game for the first time and had no idea of what football actually is.

the blocking, sounds like they're keeping defending the exact same but giving us more in attack....
  • JayyThunder
    5070 posts Big Money Move
    The video...looks terrible. It looks bad bad.
  • PaulDr
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is back to fifa 19 by the sound of it.
  • TDOF
    PaulDr wrote: »

honestly.... i don't think fifa 19 was that bad if you take away the el tornados, la crocodiles, heading, and few more things
  • PaulDr
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »

honestly.... i don't think fifa 19 was that bad if you take away the el tornados, la crocodiles, heading, and few more things

It was more fun to play at least
  • TDOF

It was more fun to play at least

defending AI was still very OP.... at least timed finesse shots from outside the box were actually goals so you had to press people.....
  • Dragon0102
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Me 2 months ago: Not planning to buy FIFA 21 until I see community feedback indicating they've fixed online responsiveness.

EA Pitch Notes: "Most of the online responsiveness problems were actually user issues!"

Me today: Not planning to buy FIFA 21 until I see community feedback indicating they've fixed online responsiveness.

well tbf, one of the things that causes lag compensation is people playing on 4g or wifi and punishing those that play on 200+ mbps

the servers try to match bandwidths and create a "virtual lag" for those with better connections....

Are you implying it’s our fault we are on 200+ mbps?
  • Dragon0102
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect

Just check how many times tackles work in that video to understand how bad defending is going to be.... the whole video is missed tackles, chained skill moves and Volta like dribbling in FUT.
  • TDOF
    edited August 4
    Dragon0102 wrote: »
    Me 2 months ago: Not planning to buy FIFA 21 until I see community feedback indicating they've fixed online responsiveness.

EA Pitch Notes: "Most of the online responsiveness problems were actually user issues!"

Me today: Not planning to buy FIFA 21 until I see community feedback indicating they've fixed online responsiveness.

well tbf, one of the things that causes lag compensation is people playing on 4g or wifi and punishing those that play on 200+ mbps

the servers try to match bandwidths and create a "virtual lag" for those with better connections....

Are you implying it’s our fault we are on 200+ mbps?

lol what? im saying it's unfair, i get around 350mbps myself
  • JayyThunder
    5070 posts Big Money Move
    Dragon0102 wrote: »

Just check how many times tackles work in that video to understand how bad defending is going to be.... the whole video is missed tackles, chained skill moves and Volta like dribbling in FUT.

Looks like AI Defending is king again.
  • Fifapayne
    2556 posts Fans' Favourite
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    no point in reading any of it. 3 months after its released they patch it so your playing fifa17

Found someone whose barely played fifa
    Fifa 20 plays nothing like 17 lmao
  • CeeQue
    13013 posts Has That Special Something
    Crab dribble is back aqDwC.png

But I still won't buy the game manny.png
  • Headshrinker363
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295q6taidxqr1pmeya5r9bz5h3wydgurv7ejshoyhi&rid=giphy.gif
  • Purplejacket
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 4
    they improved player switching huge blessing, but no notes on drop back low depth and setting everyone on come back on defense.
  • TDOF
    edited August 4
    they improved player switching huge blessing, but no notes on drop back low depth and setting everyone on come back on defense.

shouldn't be hard to get around it when you can switch to a different player and adjust runs.... its hard in 20 cause everyone's just standing still, also player switching depends how the responsiveness is
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2299 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 4
    Skill Moves Improvements
    We’ve made some very important changes and improvements to Skill Moves in FIFA 21.

General Improvements

Reduced the penalty and error for chaining Skill Moves.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Increased the number of normal Skill Moves that you can chain without the ball getting away to 6, up from 3 in FIFA 20.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Note that the numbers above represent the values possible if you execute exactly what is laid out above, and will vary slightly in other situations. For example, chaining up to 6 normal Skill Moves is possible, but that value would change if one of the Skill Moves was a complex Skill Move.
    Remapped Drag Back to be L1/LB + R1/RB + Left-Stick in 180° of player facing angle.

Added Player Personality to Drag Back, making it slower for lower Skill Move Rating players.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Technical improvements to create a more reliable Skill Moves detection system.
    Details around some of these changes can be found in the (Online) Gameplay Responsiveness section below.
    Ball distance was made closer for Rainbows and Flicks.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Greater leniency to allow the triggering of a Skill Move when the combination of the Right Stick/Left Stick inputs, combined with the direction the player is facing, are not exactly perfect.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Prioritized Skill Move execution over sprint requests.
    All Access Skill Moves - All players can now perform Right Stick Skill Moves, but their effectiveness depends directly on their Skill Move Rating and Attributes. Lower rated players will perform slower and more error prone variants of some of these Skill Moves. These include:

Low-Skill Roulette
    Low-Skill Heel to Heel
    Low-Skill Feint and Exit
    Low-Skill Stop and Turn
    Low-Skill Drag Back Spin
    Low-Skill Simple Rainbow
    Skill Move Cancel - Some Skill Moves can now be cancelled (L2/LT + R2/RT)

All Fake Shots
    Feint Forward and Turn
    Three Touch Roulette
    Lane Change
    Turn and Spin
    Stop And Turn
    Fake Pass Exit
    Scoop Turn
    New Skill Moves added

Feint Forward and Turn (RS back + RS back)
    Drag to Heel (L1/LB + RS back then RS left/right)
    Ball Roll Fake Turn (hold L2/LT + RS forward then RS left/right)

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

So not regretting my decision to buy Fifa 21 on switch. Will be only half as bad as the next gen versions 😂

I'm not going to buy it anyway but it looks like they've put the final nails in the coffin for anyone who doesn't enjoy spamming skill moves/ having skill moves spammed not stop all game. PES is so trash there are no actual football games any more we can play :(
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Heres the link:

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/pitch-notes-fifa-21-gameplay-features-deep-dive

Proof is in the product & I hope they get ample time to test all the changes they’ve made.

One of the main reasons I post, rant, vent here versus elsewhere is so the EA team can receive input. If they succeed in 60% of their objectives detailed in these notes, thats a lot.

So far EA team, good effort at trying to address much of the criticism that I’ve certainly made and many others have. Proof is in the execution, but based on these notes, EA your team have been hard at it... lets hope the end product is good. Thanks for taking the criticism to heart...and for making the changes.

• RadioShaq
    16215 posts Moderator
    At least they are making you play half manual offense. Although in a competitive mode it should all be manual.

They have also addressed the never ending possession. Hopefully the team press with a cool down will stop it without over using it. Although I can see once that timer is up people will be able to hold the ball again with no counter.

Hopefully defense can track runs better and stop pace and counters too. Would be nice to use a defender under 70 pace.
  • AvalanJ
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ballerson wrote: »
    If they succeed in 60% of their objectives detailed in these notes, thats a lot.
    If not there's always the next year pitch notes.
  • Zalisis
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FIFA community - skill moves are overpowered and matches are an unrealistic dragback fest that resembles FIFA street not actual football

EA Sports - Increased the number of complex Skill Moves that you can chain without the ball getting away to 3, up from 2 in FIFA 20.

GG EA 👏👏👏
  • Zambo9
    5833 posts Big Money Move
    It’s all good until you actually have to play the new game competitively
  • Knowlesdinho
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    Glass0nion wrote: »

If I was playing 17 I'd be happy. Tots Diego Costa with shielding was amazing.
  • gregsii
    1299 posts Professional
    Nothing about the team press button then that is basically broken and shouldn't be in a competitive online game?

The only thing I am happy to see in these notes is them removing auto flair passes and auto clearances.... GOD KNOWS why they were even in the game in the first place.
  • PirateW
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    "The Positioning attribute can impact many elements of Attacking Personality, and the specific behaviours below scale according to to the player’s attribute. This means that an attribute of 85 might feel good and have a pronounced effect, but 90 is significantly better, and 99 is exponentially superior."
    Could do with some clarity on this so that ratings make sense.

Is it exponential like sound (every 3db is twice as loud), it would mean that 99 is twice as high as 96, which is twice as high as 93, etc. 99>96>93>90>87>84 as their example would mean that a 99 rating is 32 times greater than an 84 rating, which clearly wouldn’t work.

Or is it a flatter graph which starts to increase exponentially after a certain rating?

Currently 90 doesn't always feel significantly better than 85 and I'm wondering how this will impact if it is that significant.
    It would appear that a) the top players will have to be rated within just a couple of points of each other else their differences will be too unrealistic and b) everyone will be pushed to getting the highest rated players else they will be significantly overwhelmed and be uncompetitive.

And how would chemistry affect this? Suddenly a +10 or +15 increase would make a player exponentially faster or stronger or more technical.

It doesn't make a great deal of sense until there is proper detail, as we assume linear skills at the moment at that isn't how 21 is described.

It would definitely allow for smaller boosts to be noticeable, allowing for scope for larger increases in the future ie a totw player might only get a +1 overall but those little tweaks to some skills could drastically improve their performance, allowing scope for many more +1 improvements. Many people wouldn't understand it though and not pay a premium for an 85 rated player when the 83 version already feels good.
  • TDOF
    PirateW wrote: »
    "The Positioning attribute can impact many elements of Attacking Personality, and the specific behaviours below scale according to to the player’s attribute. This means that an attribute of 85 might feel good and have a pronounced effect, but 90 is significantly better, and 99 is exponentially superior."
    Could do with some clarity on this so that ratings make sense.

Is it exponential like sound (every 3db is twice as loud), it would mean that 99 is twice as high as 96, which is twice as high as 93, etc. 99>96>93>90>87>84 as their example would mean that a 99 rating is 32 times greater than an 84 rating, which clearly wouldn’t work.

Or is it a flatter graph which starts to increase exponentially after a certain rating?

Currently 90 doesn't always feel significantly better than 85 and I'm wondering how this will impact if it is that significant.
    It would appear that a) the top players will have to be rated within just a couple of points of each other else their differences will be too unrealistic and b) everyone will be pushed to getting the highest rated players else they will be significantly overwhelmed and be uncompetitive.

And how would chemistry affect this? Suddenly a +10 or +15 increase would make a player exponentially faster or stronger or more technical.

It doesn't make a great deal of sense until there is proper detail, as we assume linear skills at the moment at that isn't how 21 is described.

It would definitely allow for smaller boosts to be noticeable, allowing for scope for larger increases in the future ie a totw player might only get a +1 overall but those little tweaks to some skills could drastically improve their performance, allowing scope for many more +1 improvements. Many people wouldn't understand it though and not pay a premium for an 85 rated player when the 83 version already feels good.

The EA devs never came out and released any info on this, however the Madden devs have, which is also a game made by EA i guess it would work similar...

In madden each rating has a "threshold"

in Madden it is

<69 = (Very inconsistent 40% chance of failure at whatever the stat is supposed to do)
    70-79 = (Inconsistent 30% chance of failure)
    80-84 = Average (20% Chance of failure)
    85-89 = Good (10% Chance of failure)
    90 (exactly) = Very good (<5% chance of failure)
    91+ = Perfect (<1% chance of failure)

this was during Madden 18 they released this, so 3 years ago, obviously doubt its the exact same for fifa