fifa you tubers advertising coin buying , why is this allowed?

shadowlee
186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Sorry to moan , but really i am sure ea must be aware about people advertising coin buying,for fifa on these so called you tubers, who basically want to earn a few pounds, and do not care if there audience get a ban from coin buying.
Am i the only one that thinks this is a crap thing to do as a so called fifa you tuber ?

Comments

• JWNYsg
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    May be it’s hard to police as well.
  • EekAlaska
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 3
    New tin foil hat conspiracy of the day, EA runs or allows these websites so they can ban ppl who use them and encourage them to buy FP.
  • Fifapayne
    2533 posts Fans' Favourite
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    New tin foil hat conspiracy of the day, EA runs or allows these websites so they can ban ppl who use them and encourage them to buy FP.

You don’t get banned if you get caught first time
  • SuperKMx
    2511 posts Fans' Favourite
    They can do it for the same reason that I can search for a player and find multiple cards with bids that are 6x his current average selling price and it never seems to stop. Every day. Every type of card.

Nobody at EA really gives a damn about Mr. Small Fry buying a couple hundred thousand to blow on packs. In fact, they almost promote it.

Half price Prime Gold Players Packs but only if you buy with coins, anyone?
  • Tootrill22
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    They don't care about this but if you search the transfer market too much you get banned
  • tzinc
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA is completely incompetent they can't bother with this but ban innocent traders CRAZY
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    To be fair it used to be WAY easier to buy/sell coins without getting accounts banned (I've heard, of course I would never do such a thing)

These days accounts get taken down very quickly, and sometimes that results in non-offenders getting swept up by accident

EA knows they can't ever stop it fully, especially selling whole accounts. Not sure how you could ever stop that %100

It's a bit of an arms race; when EA finds a new way to ban coin transfers, the buyers/sellers figure out what they're using to identify transfers and establish a workaround.

But totally agree on the youtubers. They get invited to EA events, and blatantly advertise breaking the T&C with coin selling sites
  • Tootrill22
    Clancy wrote: »
    To be fair it used to be WAY easier to buy/sell coins without getting accounts banned (I've heard, of course I would never do such a thing)

These days accounts get taken down very quickly, and sometimes that results in non-offenders getting swept up by accident

EA knows they can't ever stop it fully, especially selling whole accounts. Not sure how you could ever stop that %100

It's a bit of an arms race; when EA finds a new way to ban coin transfers, the buyers/sellers figure out what they're using to identify transfers and establish a workaround.

But totally agree on the youtubers. They get invited to EA events, and blatantly advertise breaking the T&C with coin selling sites

Sure but if they cared about the people who they ban incorrectly they would do a proper investigation. I can tell you they don't. Either that or work to develop better ways to catch them.
  • Knowlesdinho
    13425 posts Has That Special Something
    Tootrill22 wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »

Sure but if they cared about the people who they ban incorrectly they would do a proper investigation. I can tell you they don't. Either that or work to develop better ways to catch them.

If it was hurting their bottom line, they'd be on it in an instant. That's why gucci doesn't bother too much about stopping Honest Dave down Saturday Market selling qucci handbags.
  • Arron xox
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    Of you stupid enough to buy coins knowing you could get banned you deserve to be banned
  • Trobos_Locos
    1457 posts Professional
    We all know that it is not correct to buy coins but by doing that , no matter how famous or successful this Youtubers get they will not have a chance to work with EA or receive an invitation to any event.

In fact, many stopped doing that to start to work with EA.
  • tzinc
    This is very important to understand. If you are Banning Innocent People your system is broken COME UP WITH ANOTHER WAY to catch them. If the way you are "catching" people means innocent people are banned then STOP DOING IT and come up with another WAY that does NOT catch any innocent people ffs!
  • Tootrill22
    tzinc wrote: »
    This is very important to understand. If you are Banning Innocent People your system is broken COME UP WITH ANOTHER WAY to catch them. If the way you are "catching" people means innocent people are banned then STOP DOING IT and come up with another WAY that does NOT catch any innocent people ffs!

Yeah a normal company would do that who have real customer service. I think anyone who has had to interact with EA Help knows it's a sham. "We have looked into your case and believe we have taken the appropriate action".
  • tzinc
    yeah I don't even bother calling in to EA's FAKE customer service
  • Swanz05
    2460 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 3
    I really wish they'd clamp down on this or at least try. Spoils it for the rest of us. These examples are recent (R Carlos just yesterday) & so blatant:
    AzcphW0.jpg
    xI2sEVt.jpg
    6GH4AEa.jpg
    SPXAssK.jpg
  • EekAlaska
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not sure why the price bands are so large tbh. Its almost encouraging it in many cases. Not like they couldn't write an algorithm to track actual selling prices and make the price bands plus/minus 10% of the average and stop having players who sell for <1 mil have PB up to 8 mil.