Shapeshifter Messi

M1ll3nium
270 posts Sunday League Hero
Is the Shapeshifter Messi still a decent card at striker?

Instead of blowing my 2mil coins on these overpriced icon packs im thinking of getting some players i actually like to use before fifa 20 is completely done.
That SS Messi is around 7-800k which leaves me with enough room to also get totssf Ramos and a little bit of coin for a future sbc i like from the new promo.

My current strikers are prime butra, totssf suarez, SH Alexis, SH Ibra, PIM Van Nistelrooy, FB 95 Mertens. Does he still compare a little bit to some of these cards, or would he be a significant downgrade?

Comments

• Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    M1ll3nium wrote: »
    Is the Shapeshifter Messi still a decent card at striker?

Instead of blowing my 2mil coins on these overpriced icon packs im thinking of getting some players i actually like to use before fifa 20 is completely done.
    That SS Messi is around 7-800k which leaves me with enough room to also get totssf Ramos and a little bit of coin for a future sbc i like from the new promo.

My current strikers are prime butra, totssf suarez, SH Alexis, SH Ibra, PIM Van Nistelrooy, FB 95 Mertens. Does he still compare a little bit to some of these cards, or would he be a significant downgrade?

Downgrade? He's 96 rated.

Got him at CAM behind Martinez with TOTS Gomez and Either SH Sanchez, SH Verdi or the new FB Palacios.

In short he finishes everything, scores goals others wouldn't and his only real weakness is stamina.

He can last a game but he's always way lower than the other guys.

Is he worth the coins? Probably not, TOTS Gomez is equally as lethal. And theres loads of great cards now.

But he's certainly not a downgrade on any you listed.
  • HyperOCD
    1918 posts Fans' Favourite
    bumping this as i wonder also
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Guys can I ask. I need for CAM position specifically. Is Messi SS better than Coutinho TOTS? Because Coutinho stats are higher

Messi H work rate arouses my interest. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Messi no doubt
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    Guys can I ask. I need for CAM position specifically. Is Messi SS better than Coutinho TOTS? Because Coutinho stats are higher

Composure and reactions are major cons for that Coutinho card, not to mention his low finishing. Is TOTS Coutinho usable? Absolutely. At this stage of the game, with all the crazy cards out there, are there far better options readily available on the market? Definitely.

BTW, Messi also has both shooting traits. There’s no reason to go for Coutinho over Messi even if you’re a skiller, imo.
  • JWNYsg
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Composure and reactions are major cons for that Coutinho card, not to mention his low finishing. Is TOTS Coutinho usable? Absolutely. At this stage of the game, with all the crazy cards out there, are there far better options readily available on the market? Definitely.

BTW, Messi also has both shooting traits. There’s no reason to go for Coutinho over Messi even if you’re a skiller, imo.

Thanks for great reply.

Basically I have a full Bayern squad and truth be told Coutinho with hunter has been amazing for me

So I already have an almost barca squad. Only missing piece is Alba and Messi SS

I can get them by selling Tots Lewandowski

Although I do want to have fun the Bayern squad has been ensuring I finish at least 11 wins each week for WL. Just worried the Barca squad may struggle as Suarez is good but not as good as Lewandowski. And this is not Messi best card (compared to his TOTY or TOTS which I can’t afford)

CFE58074-737-F-4-C9-E-89-BD-0469116-A0385.jpg[

• JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    You can always get SH Dembele and use him up top, if Suarez isn’t working out for you.
  • JWNYsg
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    You can always get SH Dembele and use him up top, if Suarez isn’t working out for you.

Thanks but can’t afford him. Got Suarez Tots untradeable
  • Ac351
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2020
    Downgrade Lewa to the 97 headliner, not much difference and free up around 600k. Lewandowski headliner can get upgrade from champions league motm/team of tournament too.
  • JWNYsg
    Ac351 wrote: »
    Downgrade Lewa to the 97 headliner, not much difference and free up around 600k. Lewandowski headliner can get upgrade from champions league motm/team of tournament too.

Don’t have that much. I’d go for muller tots for time being upfront. Thanks bro
  • Amdp9
    6857 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2020
    Here is my opinion he is amazing for me , I am using this team ATM1-B094075-C69-A-424-B-976-F-2-AA10-ED6-FAAC.png

D5-B7-BDDC-AA6-E-4-D26-AE17-8-DC33109-BDA7.png

I can’t complain at all, I played majority of those 300 games, I can post my console pic later for you for number of assists he had. I can rely on him on any time. Only thing is his stamina, I can only play two games back to back with him then I have to apply another fitness card on him. But in game I have played extra time with him without switching him no issues with stamina. I would recommend him and also the most fun card to use
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everyone besides Son and Vin starts on full chem. Plays amazing. Messi is either on the wing or as right striker.

Screenshot-20200801-193522-FUTBIN.jpg
  • JWNYsg
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Here is my opinion he is amazing for me , I am using this team ATM1-B094075-C69-A-424-B-976-F-2-AA10-ED6-FAAC.png

I can’t complain at all, I played majority of those 300 games, I can post my console pic later for you for number of assists he had. I can rely on him on any time. Only thing is his stamina, I can only play two games back to back with him then I have to apply another fitness card on him. But in game I have played extra time with him without switching him no issues with stamina. I would recommend him and also the most fun card to use

Nice team. Thanks for sharing thoughts
  • Amdp9
    Amdp9 wrote: »

Nice team. Thanks for sharing thoughts

This is a substitute team though, my main team is 96 rated EPL
  • Amdp9

this was todayhamps

This is from April

I am so dirty with him :D
  • HyperOCD
    1918 posts Fans' Favourite
    He was 800k now 1mil? Lol
  • Amdp9
    HyperOCD wrote: »
    He was 800k now 1mil? Lol

Yeap everyone is up, market have no supply and lots of people aren’t playing the game