It's just laughable how bad rivals is now

Comments

  • RileyD
    1857 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't mind playing God squads as anyone can have one of those right now but the relegators have absolutely ruined Rivals.

  • NucksNation
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is kubo the latest Kent?.. facing this dude almost every game then ofcourse he’s swapped from RW to lone striker and it’s a kicking and running game.

  • Mogga
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played for first time in a few days last night. Raced into a 3 goal lead easily versus someone who wasn't very good. Then it just flipped. Couldn't pass a simple 10 yard pass, it was just so blatant. Lost 4 3 in the last minute 😂

    It couldn't of been more obvious if a massive banner got plastered on the screen saying "you're not winning this one squire"
  • NucksNation
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 29
    Mogga wrote: »
    Played for first time in a few days last night. Raced into a 3 goal lead easily versus someone who wasn't very good. Then it just flipped. Couldn't pass a simple 10 yard pass, it was just so blatant. Lost 4 3 in the last minute 😂

    It couldn't of been more obvious if a massive banner got plastered on the screen saying "you're not winning this one squire"

    How can a team go down by a man and my players start to relax and feel like they are high.. controlling the whole game and losing by a goal to his 2 shots.. I really wish SH was not here.

    Just to add.. also played a 78 rated team with 2 silvers and I couldn’t connect 2 passes.. I couldn’t catch his cam with 60-70 pace with my 94 mendy... my players started at 99 fitness and Bruno fernandes ended up with 74 fitness at half time and I had everything on balance
    Post edited by NucksNation on
  • The_Faries_76
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    JFK147 wrote: »
    Is it actually definite that when you play rivals you play someone in the same division. I’m not convinced that’s the case at all.

    It would explain a lot if Rivals matchmaking is actually just completely random. It’s not uncommon to get smashed by a player I can’t get anywhere near and in the next game play someone who can barely string two passes together.

    I have been saying this sine Oct or Nov on here. I don't believe there is any actual divisions. Rivals objectives, such as icon swaps was introduced as a deliberate attempt to mask the fact that matchmaking is random.....ish.
    How many times have you came up against a far better player when you are on the brink of promotion.
    How many times have you came up against a far better player when you are trying to complete several objectives with one team.
    Theres no divisions.
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    JFK147 wrote: »
    Is it actually definite that when you play rivals you play someone in the same division. I’m not convinced that’s the case at all.

    It would explain a lot if Rivals matchmaking is actually just completely random. It’s not uncommon to get smashed by a player I can’t get anywhere near and in the next game play someone who can barely string two passes together.

    I have been saying this sine Oct or Nov on here. I don't believe there is any actual divisions. Rivals objectives, such as icon swaps was introduced as a deliberate attempt to mask the fact that matchmaking is random.....ish.
    How many times have you came up against a far better player when you are on the brink of promotion.
    How many times have you came up against a far better player when you are trying to complete several objectives with one team.
    Theres no divisions.

    In my experience every game I play in division 4 has been very competitive. No games I have played have been really one sided. Same for WL.
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mogga wrote: »
    Played for first time in a few days last night. Raced into a 3 goal lead easily versus someone who wasn't very good. Then it just flipped. Couldn't pass a simple 10 yard pass, it was just so blatant. Lost 4 3 in the last minute 😂

    It couldn't of been more obvious if a massive banner got plastered on the screen saying "you're not winning this one squire"

    How can a team go down by a man and my players start to relax and feel like they are high.. controlling the whole game and losing by a goal to his 2 shots.. I really wish SH was not here.

    Just to add.. also played a 78 rated team with 2 silvers and I couldn’t connect 2 passes.. I couldn’t catch his cam with 60-70 pace with my 94 mendy... my players started at 99 fitness and Bruno fernandes ended up with 74 fitness at half time and I had everything on balance

    There is that video of Boras using mostly silver with 2 good non silver players and he was laughing at the gameplay...

    I played yesterday a dude from Czech who obviously knew the game but had two orange 81 players, rest were mostly silver Czech players..his cbs were 71 rated and about the same pace & acceleration...i was using my 90s rated team and his cbs were staying even on runs foe 25 plus meters with vinicus jr —97 mane...his scrubs Midfield were half a step better to the ball (even before he took control of them)....His ai controlled gk stopping everything... so...there are times I just say to myself to quit the game when I see a silver squad as theres not much satisfaction in winning & I know the dude on the other side likely is just trying to taunt and gesticulate — and then theres knowing that my players likely will perform like they ate a kilo beef burrito with hot jalapeños....

    Also lost recently to a French Fortnight player (kinda like the ace criminal in an Oceans Movie) Who did the same w a mostly silver squad and PIM Ronaldhino...same, his scrub silvers mysteriously doing the supposed physically impossible of speed... skill is in tackling and anticipation and not making mistakes and there’s massive skill in knowing how to adapt to gameplay etc...but the sheer physics of a 71 pace dude staying even ir running down these sh 99 pace players is patently absurd.... so long winded way of saying, yep lotsa stuff in this game that's odd or defies the supposed stated physics...
  • SuperKMx
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 29
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    JFK147 wrote: »
    Is it actually definite that when you play rivals you play someone in the same division. I’m not convinced that’s the case at all.

    It would explain a lot if Rivals matchmaking is actually just completely random. It’s not uncommon to get smashed by a player I can’t get anywhere near and in the next game play someone who can barely string two passes together.

    I have been saying this sine Oct or Nov on here. I don't believe there is any actual divisions. Rivals objectives, such as icon swaps was introduced as a deliberate attempt to mask the fact that matchmaking is random.....ish.
    How many times have you came up against a far better player when you are on the brink of promotion.
    How many times have you came up against a far better player when you are trying to complete several objectives with one team.
    Theres no divisions.

    There are divisions.

    Before icon swaps, I was won games until I got to about my "correct" skill level, then it became more or less a win/loss/win/loss scenario, which is correct.

    Then icon swaps was released and things became much, much, MUCH more random, as players relegated from higher divisions to get easy wins against lesser players. I'd have a 4-0 win in one game and a 6-0 loss in the next.

    And the cycle repeats. There's no objective for a while, and I slowly climb up to about where I think I should be. A Rivals objective drops, and I fall down a division or two.

    There are quite clearly divisions and the divisional matchmaking works. It's just that those divisions are full of people who are gaming the system.
  • sparky123
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    JGDC74 wrote: »
    I've been in Div 10 since early in the game. I'm quite capable of getting up to 8 or 7. But I have this policy of quitting when my opponent pauses the game at the beginning of the match which is very frequently. I also have a policy of quitting when I feel I'm being scripted to lose, even if I'm winning at the time. So I stay in Div 10.

    I can’t tell if your joking or being serious here. Why would you quit if your winning??
  • mypetfrog
    2232 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hang on... Someone used the banned word in a thread!! 😮🔨😶
  • Mogga
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mogga wrote: »
    Played for first time in a few days last night. Raced into a 3 goal lead easily versus someone who wasn't very good. Then it just flipped. Couldn't pass a simple 10 yard pass, it was just so blatant. Lost 4 3 in the last minute 😂

    It couldn't of been more obvious if a massive banner got plastered on the screen saying "you're not winning this one squire"

    How can a team go down by a man and my players start to relax and feel like they are high.. controlling the whole game and losing by a goal to his 2 shots.. I really wish SH was not here.

    Just to add.. also played a 78 rated team with 2 silvers and I couldn’t connect 2 passes.. I couldn’t catch his cam with 60-70 pace with my 94 mendy... my players started at 99 fitness and Bruno fernandes ended up with 74 fitness at half time and I had everything on balance

    It's hard not to get annoyed but if their intention is for me to spend money then I'm afraid their shadyness has the opposite effect.

    I just want a fair game . If someone's better than me fair enough I lose but give up with all this mechanics nonsense when all I want to do is play a game
  • Orison
    56175 posts National Treasure
    Don't worry guys, you still got 2 months to finally learn the game, outclass the div 5 relegators or whatever and finally reach div 1 :trollface:
  • PaulDr
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    A run of wins yesterday after my horrendous experience the day before. I think it partly depends which server I'm connected to. I should have stopped playing when I kept conceding those 90 minute goals. But I do find it odd that in rivals I have been matched against far more meta teams in the lower divisions than I faced in the weekend league. So either it is division droppers or because of the different matchmaking criteria. Weekend league feels like the best mode for judging your skill level. I dont think I played any better when on my winning run than when on my losing run.
  • PiotrLolo
    2265 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 29
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7. I was losing goals to easily in almost every game. The stupid part of this game is even if you quit/lose few games in a row you still play people who are way better than you. Then you finally get an opponent who is waaaaay worse that you. There is no between.
  • SuperKMx
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.
  • PiotrLolo
    2265 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 29
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.
  • SuperKMx
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.
  • NucksNation
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ballerson wrote: »
    Mogga wrote: »
    Played for first time in a few days last night. Raced into a 3 goal lead easily versus someone who wasn't very good. Then it just flipped. Couldn't pass a simple 10 yard pass, it was just so blatant. Lost 4 3 in the last minute 😂

    It couldn't of been more obvious if a massive banner got plastered on the screen saying "you're not winning this one squire"

    How can a team go down by a man and my players start to relax and feel like they are high.. controlling the whole game and losing by a goal to his 2 shots.. I really wish SH was not here.

    Just to add.. also played a 78 rated team with 2 silvers and I couldn’t connect 2 passes.. I couldn’t catch his cam with 60-70 pace with my 94 mendy... my players started at 99 fitness and Bruno fernandes ended up with 74 fitness at half time and I had everything on balance

    There is that video of Boras using mostly silver with 2 good non silver players and he was laughing at the gameplay...

    I played yesterday a dude from Czech who obviously knew the game but had two orange 81 players, rest were mostly silver Czech players..his cbs were 71 rated and about the same pace & acceleration...i was using my 90s rated team and his cbs were staying even on runs foe 25 plus meters with vinicus jr —97 mane...his scrubs Midfield were half a step better to the ball (even before he took control of them)....His ai controlled gk stopping everything... so...there are times I just say to myself to quit the game when I see a silver squad as theres not much satisfaction in winning & I know the dude on the other side likely is just trying to taunt and gesticulate — and then theres knowing that my players likely will perform like they ate a kilo beef burrito with hot jalapeños....

    Also lost recently to a French Fortnight player (kinda like the ace criminal in an Oceans Movie) Who did the same w a mostly silver squad and PIM Ronaldhino...same, his scrub silvers mysteriously doing the supposed physically impossible of speed... skill is in tackling and anticipation and not making mistakes and there’s massive skill in knowing how to adapt to gameplay etc...but the sheer physics of a 71 pace dude staying even ir running down these sh 99 pace players is patently absurd.... so long winded way of saying, yep lotsa stuff in this game that's odd or defies the supposed stated physics...

    So when I was playing WL I used to give away my wins then the rumours of banning came so I started using my bronze squad to hand out wins and I kid you not!! The amount of games I was winning with it and mechanics that was helping me was insane and a joke.. I had to score own goals last mins to either give away the wins.. I was 68-69 rated teams with 50-60 chem.. facing WL teams.. I know first hand how helping AI becomes when it’s a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ squad but it shouldn’t be like that,
  • NucksNation
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »
    Mogga wrote: »
    Played for first time in a few days last night. Raced into a 3 goal lead easily versus someone who wasn't very good. Then it just flipped. Couldn't pass a simple 10 yard pass, it was just so blatant. Lost 4 3 in the last minute 😂

    It couldn't of been more obvious if a massive banner got plastered on the screen saying "you're not winning this one squire"

    How can a team go down by a man and my players start to relax and feel like they are high.. controlling the whole game and losing by a goal to his 2 shots.. I really wish SH was not here.

    Just to add.. also played a 78 rated team with 2 silvers and I couldn’t connect 2 passes.. I couldn’t catch his cam with 60-70 pace with my 94 mendy... my players started at 99 fitness and Bruno fernandes ended up with 74 fitness at half time and I had everything on balance

    It's hard not to get annoyed but if their intention is for me to spend money then I'm afraid their shadyness has the opposite effect.

    I just want a fair game . If someone's better than me fair enough I lose but give up with all this mechanics nonsense when all I want to do is play a game

    That’s why i wouldn’t spend a money on this game, it has neg effect. If I’m not enjoying a game why would I spend my money towards it
  • PiotrLolo
    2265 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 29
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.

    So tell me, what can I learn from doing tackles few times in a row ans still not winning a ball? Because that how it feels playing against much better players. It's hard to get the ball from them, you have to wait for your chance but when I finally do the tackle my player is stuck or ball is going back to them. After few tries like this and you have enough of this.
  • SuperKMx
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.

    So tell me, what can I learn from doing tackles few times in a row ans still not winning a ball? Because that how it feels playing against much better players. It's hard to get the ball from them, you have to wait for your chance but when I finally do the tackle my player is stuck or ball is going back to them. After few tries like this and you have enough of this.

    Stop playing altogether then, because that doesn't JUST happen when you're losing or playing against a much better player. And you'll eventually learn to not give the ball back to them if you can't get it off them when you do.

    I've was 4-0 up in 20 minutes earlier against a player who was clearly much worse than me who suddenly glided through three tackles and put it in the bottom corner. Ended up 7-1. It happens all the time.

    It just frustrates you when you're losing.
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.

    So tell me, what can I learn from doing tackles few times in a row ans still not winning a ball? Because that how it feels playing against much better players. It's hard to get the ball from them, you have to wait for your chance but when I finally do the tackle my player is stuck or ball is going back to them. After few tries like this and you have enough of this.

    Stop playing altogether then, because that doesn't JUST happen when you're losing or playing against a much better player. And you'll eventually learn to not give the ball back to them if you can't get it off them when you do.

    I've was 4-0 up in 20 minutes earlier against a player who was clearly much worse than me who suddenly glided through three tackles and put it in the bottom corner. Ended up 7-1. It happens all the time.

    It just frustrates you when you're losing.

    Dunno your point except you seem to want to rub the dudes nose in it.

    Skill matters, a lot.

    Valdemort also matters.

    Connectivity matters.

    Coding matters.

    Algorithms for certain times or instances in the game matters...

    The less excuses ea gives me or anyone else the better.

    So as I’ve repeatedly asked, have a post match ping comparison that both players can view, see connectivity during the game. Lets let empirical facts rule the inane trash talking...
  • Illini McG
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    It's why I'm excited for Fifa 21! All the try hards will have jumped over, and meanwhile back in Fifa 20 there'll be nothing to self relegate for... And DR will just be left for people to play evenly (hopefully) and just for 'fun'.

    This.....please and thank you
  • tommyboyo
    1822 posts Play-Off Hero
    What I always wonder with rivals....

    Who populates the top divisions for the majority of the week when all the objective seekers have self relegated? Is there like no one in the top two divisions or something?

    Also, why not remove the ability to quit a game and lose ranking points. You can quit or turn your console off, but it would be as if that game never happened. Plus your opponent should ALWAYS get the win if you quit, regardless of actual score at the time. I remember there were so many, pre-game pause and quit feckers which just wastes 2-3 minutes of your time for nothing.


  • tzinc
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    within the first minute of a game (DR or SB) I can tell if I have a chance to win

    once I take a lead of couple goals I can tell if I will be the victim of a comeback or not

    when a player seizes the ball at a certain moment I can tell he will score no matter what I do

    when it's in the last minute of half or game something changes and a I can tell either I or the other player will score
  • Renamed12345678
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    The server is so bad....no matter what player you have. You are getting I and my friends for Fifa 21
  • SuperKMx
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ballerson wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.

    So tell me, what can I learn from doing tackles few times in a row ans still not winning a ball? Because that how it feels playing against much better players. It's hard to get the ball from them, you have to wait for your chance but when I finally do the tackle my player is stuck or ball is going back to them. After few tries like this and you have enough of this.

    Stop playing altogether then, because that doesn't JUST happen when you're losing or playing against a much better player. And you'll eventually learn to not give the ball back to them if you can't get it off them when you do.

    I've was 4-0 up in 20 minutes earlier against a player who was clearly much worse than me who suddenly glided through three tackles and put it in the bottom corner. Ended up 7-1. It happens all the time.

    It just frustrates you when you're losing.

    Dunno your point except you seem to want to rub the dudes nose in it.

    Skill matters, a lot.

    Valdemort also matters.

    Connectivity matters.

    Coding matters.

    Algorithms for certain times or instances in the game matters...

    The less excuses ea gives me or anyone else the better.

    So as I’ve repeatedly asked, have a post match ping comparison that both players can view, see connectivity during the game. Lets let empirical facts rule the inane trash talking...

    Am I rubbing his nose in it? Possibly. (Sorry.)

    Do all those other things outside of skill matter? Definitely.

    But think back to older non-FIFA games and how we beat them. Did we get to the 4th level of Battletoads and say "Well, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I guess I'll quit." Did we rock up to 8-1 in Super Mario World and just turn the power off to the console because we only had 3 lives left and thought the game was against us? Did everyone put their first FIFA disc or cart into their console and instantly win 8-0 on the hardest difficulty level?

    No.

    Connectivity, coding, algorithms all matter, but the best players seem to be the best players every week in spite of that. They didn't get there by shouting "the game is broken, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I quit" in the first ten minutes when they misplace a pass.

    Got the day off, so I played three Rivals games this morning. Didn't get to half-time in any of them because the other guy quit. I'm a very, very, very average player - sometimes not even that. In two of the games I was under the cosh for 20 minutes before finally getting a chance and scoring it. My first or second shot of the game versus my opponent's six or seven chances, and they quit because...wah...they don't think they'll win. The game is against them. It's unfair and wah...wah...wah.

    All I'm saying is that it's very easy to concede a goal because you screwed up, then start shouting "the game is against me, my passes aren't going where I want, my players are slower, this is pointless" before hitting the forfeit button. You learn more by digging in and trying. If you're 5-0 down against a much better player, carving out a really nice chance and putting it away is far more rewarding than scoring your 4th cutback against somebody who has no thumbs.

    People just expect to win, and that pretty much never just happens.
  • PaulDr
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Ballerson wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.

    So tell me, what can I learn from doing tackles few times in a row ans still not winning a ball? Because that how it feels playing against much better players. It's hard to get the ball from them, you have to wait for your chance but when I finally do the tackle my player is stuck or ball is going back to them. After few tries like this and you have enough of this.

    Stop playing altogether then, because that doesn't JUST happen when you're losing or playing against a much better player. And you'll eventually learn to not give the ball back to them if you can't get it off them when you do.

    I've was 4-0 up in 20 minutes earlier against a player who was clearly much worse than me who suddenly glided through three tackles and put it in the bottom corner. Ended up 7-1. It happens all the time.

    It just frustrates you when you're losing.

    Dunno your point except you seem to want to rub the dudes nose in it.

    Skill matters, a lot.

    Valdemort also matters.

    Connectivity matters.

    Coding matters.

    Algorithms for certain times or instances in the game matters...

    The less excuses ea gives me or anyone else the better.

    So as I’ve repeatedly asked, have a post match ping comparison that both players can view, see connectivity during the game. Lets let empirical facts rule the inane trash talking...

    Am I rubbing his nose in it? Possibly. (Sorry.)

    Do all those other things outside of skill matter? Definitely.

    But think back to older non-FIFA games and how we beat them. Did we get to the 4th level of Battletoads and say "Well, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I guess I'll quit." Did we rock up to 8-1 in Super Mario World and just turn the power off to the console because we only had 3 lives left and thought the game was against us? Did everyone put their first FIFA disc or cart into their console and instantly win 8-0 on the hardest difficulty level?

    No.

    Connectivity, coding, algorithms all matter, but the best players seem to be the best players every week in spite of that. They didn't get there by shouting "the game is broken, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I quit" in the first ten minutes when they misplace a pass.

    Got the day off, so I played three Rivals games this morning. Didn't get to half-time in any of them because the other guy quit. I'm a very, very, very average player - sometimes not even that. In two of the games I was under the cosh for 20 minutes before finally getting a chance and scoring it. My first or second shot of the game versus my opponent's six or seven chances, and they quit because...wah...they don't think they'll win. The game is against them. It's unfair and wah...wah...wah.

    All I'm saying is that it's very easy to concede a goal because you screwed up, then start shouting "the game is against me, my passes aren't going where I want, my players are slower, this is pointless" before hitting the forfeit button. You learn more by digging in and trying. If you're 5-0 down against a much better player, carving out a really nice chance and putting it away is far more rewarding than scoring your 4th cutback against somebody who has no thumbs.

    People just expect to win, and that pretty much never just happens.

    The mark of a good player is someone who can adapt their game when the ai or connection seems to be working against them.
  • Mogga
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    PaulDr wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Ballerson wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.

    So tell me, what can I learn from doing tackles few times in a row ans still not winning a ball? Because that how it feels playing against much better players. It's hard to get the ball from them, you have to wait for your chance but when I finally do the tackle my player is stuck or ball is going back to them. After few tries like this and you have enough of this.

    Stop playing altogether then, because that doesn't JUST happen when you're losing or playing against a much better player. And you'll eventually learn to not give the ball back to them if you can't get it off them when you do.

    I've was 4-0 up in 20 minutes earlier against a player who was clearly much worse than me who suddenly glided through three tackles and put it in the bottom corner. Ended up 7-1. It happens all the time.

    It just frustrates you when you're losing.

    Dunno your point except you seem to want to rub the dudes nose in it.

    Skill matters, a lot.

    Valdemort also matters.

    Connectivity matters.

    Coding matters.

    Algorithms for certain times or instances in the game matters...

    The less excuses ea gives me or anyone else the better.

    So as I’ve repeatedly asked, have a post match ping comparison that both players can view, see connectivity during the game. Lets let empirical facts rule the inane trash talking...

    Am I rubbing his nose in it? Possibly. (Sorry.)

    Do all those other things outside of skill matter? Definitely.

    But think back to older non-FIFA games and how we beat them. Did we get to the 4th level of Battletoads and say "Well, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I guess I'll quit." Did we rock up to 8-1 in Super Mario World and just turn the power off to the console because we only had 3 lives left and thought the game was against us? Did everyone put their first FIFA disc or cart into their console and instantly win 8-0 on the hardest difficulty level?

    No.

    Connectivity, coding, algorithms all matter, but the best players seem to be the best players every week in spite of that. They didn't get there by shouting "the game is broken, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I quit" in the first ten minutes when they misplace a pass.

    Got the day off, so I played three Rivals games this morning. Didn't get to half-time in any of them because the other guy quit. I'm a very, very, very average player - sometimes not even that. In two of the games I was under the cosh for 20 minutes before finally getting a chance and scoring it. My first or second shot of the game versus my opponent's six or seven chances, and they quit because...wah...they don't think they'll win. The game is against them. It's unfair and wah...wah...wah.

    All I'm saying is that it's very easy to concede a goal because you screwed up, then start shouting "the game is against me, my passes aren't going where I want, my players are slower, this is pointless" before hitting the forfeit button. You learn more by digging in and trying. If you're 5-0 down against a much better player, carving out a really nice chance and putting it away is far more rewarding than scoring your 4th cutback against somebody who has no thumbs.

    People just expect to win, and that pretty much never just happens.

    The mark of a good player is someone who can adapt their game when the ai or connection seems to be working against them.

    It shouldn't be that complicated.

    The mark of a good games developer is a company who can produce fair and consistent gameplay and adapt their game to counteract any issues that arise throughout it's release.

  • SuperKMx
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »
    PaulDr wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Ballerson wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    For me Rival are unplayable in last few days. i'm in div 6 but playing against people who easily intercept most of my passes, they seem to move quicker than me, doing a lot od skill moves, 1-2 ball rolls every time they get a ball. From 8 games yesterday I quitted 7.

    I think that's a problem a lot of people have, though. They come up against someone better and rather than trying hard, learning to defend against those players, and possibly picking up some attacking tips...they quit and get awarded the loss, the same as if they played on and got beat.

    You don't learn much from winning, usually. You learn the most when somebody else is showing you gaps in your play and giving you something of a masterclass in how to be better.

    When I need a "win" for objectives and I can't score even one goal I quit. I won't learn anything when my players behave like idiots and I won't waste 15 min for pathetic 150 rival points.

    You're right.

    I'm sure you'll learn more by staring at the menu.

    So tell me, what can I learn from doing tackles few times in a row ans still not winning a ball? Because that how it feels playing against much better players. It's hard to get the ball from them, you have to wait for your chance but when I finally do the tackle my player is stuck or ball is going back to them. After few tries like this and you have enough of this.

    Stop playing altogether then, because that doesn't JUST happen when you're losing or playing against a much better player. And you'll eventually learn to not give the ball back to them if you can't get it off them when you do.

    I've was 4-0 up in 20 minutes earlier against a player who was clearly much worse than me who suddenly glided through three tackles and put it in the bottom corner. Ended up 7-1. It happens all the time.

    It just frustrates you when you're losing.

    Dunno your point except you seem to want to rub the dudes nose in it.

    Skill matters, a lot.

    Valdemort also matters.

    Connectivity matters.

    Coding matters.

    Algorithms for certain times or instances in the game matters...

    The less excuses ea gives me or anyone else the better.

    So as I’ve repeatedly asked, have a post match ping comparison that both players can view, see connectivity during the game. Lets let empirical facts rule the inane trash talking...

    Am I rubbing his nose in it? Possibly. (Sorry.)

    Do all those other things outside of skill matter? Definitely.

    But think back to older non-FIFA games and how we beat them. Did we get to the 4th level of Battletoads and say "Well, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I guess I'll quit." Did we rock up to 8-1 in Super Mario World and just turn the power off to the console because we only had 3 lives left and thought the game was against us? Did everyone put their first FIFA disc or cart into their console and instantly win 8-0 on the hardest difficulty level?

    No.

    Connectivity, coding, algorithms all matter, but the best players seem to be the best players every week in spite of that. They didn't get there by shouting "the game is broken, I don't feel like I'm going to win, so I quit" in the first ten minutes when they misplace a pass.

    Got the day off, so I played three Rivals games this morning. Didn't get to half-time in any of them because the other guy quit. I'm a very, very, very average player - sometimes not even that. In two of the games I was under the cosh for 20 minutes before finally getting a chance and scoring it. My first or second shot of the game versus my opponent's six or seven chances, and they quit because...wah...they don't think they'll win. The game is against them. It's unfair and wah...wah...wah.

    All I'm saying is that it's very easy to concede a goal because you screwed up, then start shouting "the game is against me, my passes aren't going where I want, my players are slower, this is pointless" before hitting the forfeit button. You learn more by digging in and trying. If you're 5-0 down against a much better player, carving out a really nice chance and putting it away is far more rewarding than scoring your 4th cutback against somebody who has no thumbs.

    People just expect to win, and that pretty much never just happens.

    The mark of a good player is someone who can adapt their game when the ai or connection seems to be working against them.

    It shouldn't be that complicated.

    The mark of a good games developer is a company who can produce fair and consistent gameplay and adapt their game to counteract any issues that arise throughout it's release.

    And the mark of a good gamer is somebody who puts down a game they find to be unpalatable or shoddily made, and picks up one of the many, many tens of thousands of other games that are available.

    What are we doing?
Sign In or Register to comment.