Gianfranco Zola is invincible

Mmandras
3515 posts National Call-Up
edited July 27
I was hesitant on upgrade icon SBC and did only one. Was a little bit dissapointed, but thought, why not. Looks meta-ish, long hair, Italian, dynamic pic and Chelsea legend, might fit my PL team nicely.

To my suprise, he scored 3 goals in a friendly debut match, felt really distinct on a pitch despite laggy gameplay. And he just never stopped being amazing. Absolute rocket of a shot, turned so many games and slaughtered god squads that shushed me after every goal. So quick with hunter but agile enough to turn and react in a millisecond in front of the goal. He scored headers, volleys, always to catch a rebound. There's no TOTS card that comes even close to this legend. 53 goals in 19 games. I'm actually curious to try other icons, but don't want to replace him.

The only negative is stamina, not really fit to play his natural position as CF all 90 min, but he can last on ST. And what does that composure stat even mean? He scored with such ease against massive defenders on his back.

Just try this little 5.6" itallian god. He is a true king of Fifa 20.

Comments

• Gromit
    4841 posts National Call-Up
    Tried him two months ago

Nimble yes, invincible no

Spent a lot of time eating grass, I can only imagine how twatted he'd get now versus SH Ndombele SH Sissoko SH Fabinho SH Wijnaldum SH Kessie SH Pogba.

I love the little guys Giovinco Gomez etc but for me Zola was just too weak.
  • JohnDoe
    12129 posts Has That Special Something
    Gromit wrote: »
    Tried him two months ago

Spent a lot of time eating grass, I can only imagine how twatted he'd get now versus SH Ndombele SH Sissoko SH Fabinho SH Wijnaldum SH Kessie SH Pogba.

53 goals in 19 games tells me all I need to know about this review.
  • Radb
    78 posts Park Captain
    I hate playing against him, he always seems to turn it up and score a few.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    600 goals for me
  • NucksNation
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had the baby zola for close to 350 games and couldn’t replace him, thought I would upgrade to PIM, he was bit of let down compare to baby zola.
    Definitely a good card but not when we have so many available 92+ cards for that position
  • Markman007
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    I really like Zola. I’ve got an all Italian icon squad and PIM Zola tears it up as either CAM or ST.
  • Gromit
    4841 posts National Call-Up
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Tried him two months ago

Nope, 65 physical, 58 strength , weak as anything.
  • selb
    7317 posts League Winner
    Tried him two months ago

And yet Neymar bullies VVD off the ball 😂
  • JohnDoe
    edited July 27
    Tried him two months ago

I think you misunderstood me. I don’t believe those numbers at all. I’m definitely not a great player but I’m a D2 player and even the best striker I’ve used in this game (so far), FB Mbappe, is nowhere near this crazy record and it’s common for my strikers to have more than one GPG. That’s close to a hat-trick per match with a player who’s a fair bit behind the power curve.

Either OP is an insanely good player or he’s capping.
  • Saiyajin
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why you should play a 4*4 at this stage of game its really not good enough (imo).
  • tzinc
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same cards do not play the same way I think it's coded to be like this.
  • JohnDoe
    tzinc wrote: »
    Same cards do not play the same way I think it's coded to be like this.

Or maybe people simply have different playstyles and some players may fit my playstyle better than yours and vice-versa, for example. A card being fantastic for others and crap for me I something I can understand. What I can’t understand is that record, I simply don’t believe it. He could’ve posted the same record with PIM Ronaldo and I still wouldn’t believe it.
  • tzinc
    I don't think it's playstyle. Also I think cards are sometimes fantastic at first then lose power.
  • Mmandras
    edited July 28
    You shouldn't be bothered by statistics that much as it's obviously slightly unrealistic even for causal div 5 rivals. 2 SB games off that would still be more than 2 goals per game, If I also count couple of goals in a friendly match too, that didn't went into stats. I also usually just stop within first 10 min with those season objective games, was a little bit carried away this time with shooting practice. If there's any chance some poor fella in EA reads this essay, maybe we can have more detailed statistics in the next Fifa?

Anyhow, sorry for the confusion but it just feels like a goal machine. I am aware it's a honeymooon, in the long run it would probably even out with all the rage quits, to about a goal per game. Don't have the uxury of testing a card in more than 100-200 games as it's so late in the season.

Strenght doesn't seem to matter that much, and 5* wf is a straight lie in some cards. My 5* wf Verdi plays nowhere near Zola. Don't really believe in cards custom coding, but you never know with EA. It's almost disturbing to see it in action, and I was convinced until now that icons really don't have that magic touch this time around. Why the hell did we invest so much time and effort into TOTS and SH cards.

Bkttom line is if you're into trying out new cards give it a go for couple of games. Obviously pro players would be all over it if it was actually better than FB Mbappe but maybe it's one of those weird cases of hidden gems and "cheatcodes".
  • Mmandras
    edited July 28
    Markman007 wrote: »
    I really like Zola. I’ve got an all Italian icon squad and PIM Zola tears it up as either CAM or ST.

That sounds like a lot of fun! Any other to recommend? Mid ADP was kind of a let down for me. How about PIM Baggio? His agility puts me off, but I understand it's all about that custom feel with the icons.
  • JohnDoe
    Mmandras wrote: »
    You shouldn't be bothered by statistics that much as it's obviously slightly unrealistic even for causal div 5 rivals. 2 SB games off that would still be more than 2 goals per game, If I also count couple of goals in a friendly match too, that didn't went into stats. I also usually just stop within first 10 min with those season objective games, was a little bit carried away this time with shooting practice.

Overall, feels like a goal machine. I am aware it's a honeymooon, in the long run it would probably even out with all the rage quits, to about a goal per game. Don't have the uxury of testing a card in more than 100-200 games as it's so late in the season.

Strenght doesn't seem to matter that much, and 5* wf is a straight lie in some cards. My 5* wf Verdi plays nowhere near Zola. Don't really believe in cards custom coding, but you never know with EA. It's almost disturbing to see it in action, and I was convinced until now that icons really don't have that magic touch this time around. Why the hell did we invest so much time and effort into TOTS and SH cards.

Anyhow, if you're into trying out new cards give it a go for couple of games. Obviously pro players would be all over it if it was actually better than FB Mbappe but maybe it's one of those weird hidden gems and "cheatcodes".

I am “bothered” by stats when you’re using them as a measurement of the card’s ability.

Anyway, all I’m doing these days is trying out new cards, mostly TOTSSF and SH, and most of them have been really, really good. I never found that “icon juice” shtick to be an actual thing, maybe because icons mean nothing to me. I’d heard the names of many of these football players before, yes, but I simply didn’t get to watch the vast majority of icons play. I don’t have that emotional connection to icons that many seem to have. I genuinely believe that allows me to look at things more clearly, because some are clearly very emotionally attached to those white and gold cards.

There are definitely still some very good icons out there but you can probably count them on your fingers at this stage in the game. The vast majority of them have been far surpassed by TOTSSF and SH cards and it 100% shows IG, at least for me. I can’t think of many icons I’d like to bring into the squad and those that I’d like to use cost upwards of 6/7 mill.
  • Mmandras
    edited July 28
    I could put my signature on every word you said, before I tried that Zola card. You can always try it for yourself. With or without emotional connection, some of them just feels unique on the pitch. By the way, check out youtube compilations of Zola best moments. He was a free kick master and brutally explosive. Extremly meta in his age. And it kind of weirdly translates into fifa 20...

I'm also kind of enjoying Garrincha. Everybody tells me he's bad, his statistics is obviously not worth mentioning on rw/rm, but he is so much fun. It's a little bit hit or miss with icons for me, but I guess that's what the end season is for.
    Post edited by Mmandras on
  • EekAlaska
    2316 posts Fans' Favourite
    53 goals in 19 matches? u should take squad battles off semi pro mate

If he was trying to boost goals he would have 150 goals in 19 games, not 53...
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    selb wrote: »
    Tried him two months ago

And yet Neymar bullies VVD off the ball 😂

Yep, git guud!! SH Coman beat SH Lenglet in the air in the box in a 5050 for a goal yesterday, mad skillz, guess thats in the code huh.....
  • tzinc
    come on we all know what it says on the card doesn't matter it's what is baked into the code by programmers that matters
  • Mmandras
    I guess he wasn't named "magic box" for no reason. :smile: I just wish I was told earlier (although they did say he's a cheat on Futbin...)

You seem to be onto something about "loosing power". Could it be to make us change cards more frequently?

• tzinc
    yes I think it is so you can never be satisfied I think maybe the only cards that stay great are like Ronaldo or CR7 top versions I had them in 18 and they never went bad all my other cards did ... the icons were pretty steady that year but only the top ones === even if you get a nif CR7 they want you to keep spending to get the numerous upgraded versions of CR7 and the others
  • Finesse_4days
    10702 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 28
    You can get Tots Dybala for 180k who is much better, stronger just as good dribbling and shooting and has the stamina as well which means he can play Cam and last a full game.
  • Mmandras
    edited July 28
    On the paper, he should destroy Zola, but:
    • Only seria A / Argentina links
    • Left footed (major caveat for me)
    • Average b. type vs meta short & lean of Zola
    • 10 cm higher than Zola, that changes everything how it feels on the pitch
    • Zola haircut makes him instantly recognizable on the pitch

So, he would be more comparable to TOTS Insigne and Giovinco. This would be such fun attacking trio.
  • Finesse_4days
    10702 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 28
    Being tiny is n't an advantage imo, makes the player feel very weak, 5 10 is the ideal height for a centre cam or striker because you still have the agility but don't get bullied as much. Other points are irrelevant for a comparison of the two your doing something wrong if you can't tell who you are controlling. Tiny players like Gomez and insigne only work on the wing for me.
  • fifaUTben
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Agree with OP. He’s very very good
  • SimenHP
    2665 posts Fans' Favourite
    You cant write that here, the meta abusers will abuse you for not using 5*5* 99 dribbling players
  • JohnDoe
    tzinc wrote: »
    yes I think it is so you can never be satisfied I think maybe the only cards that stay great are like Ronaldo or CR7 top versions I had them in 18 and they never went bad all my other cards did ... the icons were pretty steady that year but only the top ones === even if you get a nif CR7 they want you to keep spending to get the numerous upgraded versions of CR7 and the others

You quite literally debunked this conspiracy theory in your own comment. That’s not players going bad, it’s simply the power curve catching up to them.
  • browney1888
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    53 goals in 19 matches? u should take squad battles off semi pro mate

If he was trying to boost goals he would have 150 goals in 19 games, not 53...

u just chatting ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for the sake of it?

so lets get this straight playing rivals or weekend league this guy has scored over 2 goals a game on average?

playing people of your same ability u simply wont score 2 goals a game never mind ❤️❤️❤️❤️ zola scoring 2 goals a game lmfao

playing friendlies or squad battles? sure you will score goals but thats against garbage and u cant base a review off it

play players of your same ability or better then do a review