It's just laughable how bad rivals is now

malso
77 posts Park Captain
I am in div 8 atm but I spent most of my time in div 7 and on occasions div 6.

I played for 2 hour tonight and had 2 decent games. I was either being matched with bronze teams that were just quiting at kick-off or players that had obviously relegated themselves from a higher division.

People can blame EA all they want but it is their choice to relegate and ruin the game for everyone else jus cuz it makes them feel good to beat lesser players who jus wanna play the game properly.

It's funny cuz at this stage in the game non of the rewards will actually improve these people's team.

I just hope EA have plans to combat this next year cuz it has been a s**t show since the first icon swaps.

Comments

• NucksNation
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    Day off and tried to play few games.. I hadn’t play for a week or so due to work and no time and wow.. park the bus and hit the long pass to Kubo
    I know, it’s moaning and let people play now they like..
  • mypetfrog
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's why I'm excited for Fifa 21! All the try hards will have jumped over, and meanwhile back in Fifa 20 there'll be nothing to self relegate for... And DR will just be left for people to play evenly (hopefully) and just for 'fun'.
  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 29
    Well I've never raged in a game before despite all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️, but tonight I finally snapped. If I had a disk that would have been snapped too. I'm losing every sodding game. Gone down two divisions. Even if I'm three up I end up losing.
    Post edited by PaulDr on
  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    And the lower down the divisions I go the better the opposition. So yea, bloody division droppers. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • MDR123456
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 28
    PaulDr wrote: »
    And the lower down the divisions I go the better the opposition. So yea, bloody division droppers. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this ❤️❤️❤️❤️

It’s not just the droppers. It’s less and less players every week, like very year. So, the range of matchups is wider. Plus, there’s just less and less of moderate players. The casuals are long gone.

Last night was my last until 21. Well, maybe 21.
  • ToxicEngineer
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nobody is self relegating lol. Maybe the opponent is just better?
  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero

No, the ones that already had are working their way back up.
  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm not a great player, but I do ok and expect to be in the mid divisions if based on skill level. I finish elite one every week in squad battles and gold 3 weekend league. Rivals is a different story, one week I'm doing fine, the next I cant win a game. Today in the last five matches I conceded a goal on the 90th minute 4 times. Rivals is a horrible mode.
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PaulDr wrote: »
    I'm not a great player, but I do ok and expect to be in the mid divisions if based on skill level. I finish elite one every week in squad battles and gold 3 weekend league. Rivals is a different story, one week I'm doing fine, the next I cant win a game. Today in the last five matches I conceded a goal on the 90th minute 4 times. Rivals is a horrible mode.

I’m sure you conceded in the 90th + minute because you just need tooo “git guud”!!!

Ever wonder why most goals are scored at the end of halves, end of game, immediately after a goal is scored? This pattern is all based on skill 🤪....

We can howl about it and hopefully thingsl change, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
  • EekAlaska
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    E1 in SB means nothing except you play a LOT. G3 in WL means you are bang average (if you play most of your games to get there). What Division are you in?
  • Crowie
    1391 posts Professional
    I’m a Div 6 player, had a bad week at the start of last week possibly due to trying out a new formation with 2 ST. Couldn’t get used to it, couldn’t buy a win, couldn’t keep a clean sheet. Actually reverted back to the norm, yes 4231, before the weekend objectives came out and completed most of them in D7. Breezed through 7 and back to performing well in 6 again.

Not everyone self relegates and if your level is D6 then you can get back there easily enough, if that’s where you are meant to be...

Also consider that most people have souped up teams with SH cards now. If you had a souped up team when others didn’t maybe that’s what was keeping you in D6. Now that advantage has gone.
  • malso
    77 posts Park Captain

Did u not read my post. I was being matched to bronze teams quiting at kick-off. So how is that not relegating.

Also I I even messaged the one guy asking why at this stage he was relegating. Especially from div 8 and all he said was "div 10 crew".

So YES there is people still relegating.
  • Jordy91
    226 posts Sunday League Hero

A lot of people are self relegating. The last 3 FIFAs ive been a div 2-3 player. This year my average is div 6 but when theres objectives in rivals (like now) I end up in div 9. This is not me self relegating (I honestly wouldnt do that), im being matched with players clearly in much higher divisions and a lot of bronze squads quitting before k.o.

Can gurantee once the rival wins pack objective and Semedo have expired i'll be back to div 6 again.
  • SuperKMx
    2511 posts Fans' Favourite

Tell that to the 7 players in a row I matched up against with bronze squads, who kicked off and then quit on Friday night. Not one of them gave away an own goal.

I decided to try out the untradeable TOTSSF Oscar I packed and hadn't used. He didn't even kick a ball before I had to apply a contract card to him.
  • nicitel32
    2875 posts Fans' Favourite
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Tell that to the 7 players in a row I matched up against with bronze squads, who kicked off and then quit on Friday night. Not one of them gave away an own goal.

I decided to try out the untradeable TOTSSF Oscar I packed and hadn't used. He didn't even kick a ball before I had to apply a contract card to him.

dont u see that he is just a troll..as his name says....exactly such people are the worst..
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro

The only people that come on this forum and this thread are people that moan about how bad rivals because they have lost 7 games a row etc. Hence you never get a balanced view of what people are really experiencing in rivals. To even this up I would say I have been a div 5 all year, come across no self-relegators and in div 4 at mo. I don't use loads of skills am average player. I have runs of defeats against better players but that happens if I am not on my game.
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    malso wrote: »

I played for 2 hour tonight and had 2 decent games. I was either being matched with bronze teams that were just quiting at kick-off or players that had obviously relegated themselves from a higher division.

People can blame EA all they want but it is their choice to relegate and ruin the game for everyone else jus cuz it makes them feel good to beat lesser players who jus wanna play the game properly.

It's funny cuz at this stage in the game non of the rewards will actually improve these people's team.

I just hope EA have plans to combat this next year cuz it has been a s**t show since the first icon swaps.

It doesn't matter what EA do users will find away to abuse it.
  • rezyy
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    Am the same div 4,5,6 if I play out a game 75% of the time it’s a normal match not much difference in skill level so it’s a 50/50 who wins, I get a bronze relegation team maybe 1 in every 10 games maybe higher if a lot of objectives out but theses guys end up playing in div 8-10, so I have sympathy for normal players in these divisions they are playing against people who would be normally division 1-4.

If am doings objectives I can start of in 4 and end up in 7 because of how much harder it gets and the amount of matches I lose, but end up climbing back up when they are over
  • Kaldmann_X
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    malso wrote: »

People still want to win, it's not all about rewards.
  • JFK147
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is it actually definite that when you play rivals you play someone in the same division. I’m not convinced that’s the case at all.
  • RedRogue
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    JFK147 wrote: »
    Is it actually definite that when you play rivals you play someone in the same division. I’m not convinced that’s the case at all.
    I don’t believe it is for a second.
  • Staxdoobie
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite

It would explain a lot if Rivals matchmaking is actually just completely random. It’s not uncommon to get smashed by a player I can’t get anywhere near and in the next game play someone who can barely string two passes together.
  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 28
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    E1 in SB means nothing except you play a LOT. G3 in WL means you are bang average (if you play most of your games to get there). What Division are you in?

Elite one in squad battles is easy. It takes around half of the games. I play it on ultimate to get through it quicker, but yes anyone can do it by skipping the 90 plus opponents to save time. I'm the proof. I said that I was an ok player as in (bang) average, probably well below average in fact. Since I'm 50 I dont give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️. That isnt under debate. My issue is the extreme variation in results in rivals mode only. I'm usually in division 7 or top end of 8, but now in 9 after the most ridiculous run of games. When the wind changes I'll get back there.
    Post edited by PaulDr on
  • SuperKMx

How does matchmaking work?
    Matchmaking in Division Rivals is based on two different things:

Your location. This determines which dedicated game server location will give you the best connection for your match.

Your current Skill Rating. This means you’ll be matched with players that have a similar Skill Rating as you, for the best experience possible.

Note: As long as you have 2200 Skill Rating or above, you’ll matchmake as if you had 2200 Skill Rating. This is to help make it easier for higher skilled players to find matches.

From: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/fifa/fifa-ultimate-team-division-rivals/
  • Rich
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best thing about FIFA is there's always someone else to blame
  • JFK147
    292 posts Sunday League Hero

Your location. This determines which dedicated game server location will give you the best connection for your match.

Your current Skill Rating. This means you’ll be matched with players that have a similar Skill Rating as you, for the best experience possible.

Note: As long as you have 2200 Skill Rating or above, you’ll matchmake as if you had 2200 Skill Rating. This is to help make it easier for higher skilled players to find matches.

So basically then if someone has 2200 skill rating and then within a week or two they are down to 500 or so (which is my level) then surely there must be a flag which alerts someone to the fact. A persons ability to play the game shouldn’t really change a lot.
  • So I've tried to do Spanish and Portuguese gold weekly and get matched against the most expensive icon squad I've seen all fifa 😂 he went 3 up in minutes so I quit. Game 2 kdb 99 Ronaldo etc etc. I quit at 2 goals down. I'm in didvision 4 and have decided to just not do objectives that steer me away from my main squad.
  • SuperKMx

So basically then if someone has 2200 skill rating and then within a week or two they are down to 500 or so (which is my level) then surely there must be a flag which alerts someone to the fact. A persons ability to play the game shouldn’t really change a lot.

You would imagine so, yes. But whether anybody does anything about that flag is another story.

I know one guy got banned for relegating, but that's the only case I've heard of all year. At the time, he claimed he quit out of 100 matches in a row though so, maybe that one was impossible to ignore. I don't know.
  • GariverSt
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So I've tried to do Spanish and Portuguese gold weekly and get matched against the most expensive icon squad I've seen all fifa 😂 he went 3 up in minutes so I quit. Game 2 kdb 99 Ronaldo etc etc. I quit at 2 goals down. I'm in didvision 4 and have decided to just not do objectives that steer me away from my main squad.

Yeah the Spanish and Portuguese objective was a pain.