• G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    If we could afford it maybe we would
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner

Seem to be getting conflicting reports with Willian
  • Pughy30
    29800 posts Player of the Year
    Don’t want Willian anywhere near this club, signing 31yr old wingers not wanted by our rivals is just ridiculous
  • G000ner
    7513 posts League Winner
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Don’t want Willian anywhere near this club, signing 31yr old wingers not wanted by our rivals is just ridiculous

They do want to keep him, just not for 3 years, which is understandable. It's not like he's not good enough for them, he's been one of their best players and started basically every game he's been fit
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »

They do want to keep him, just not for 3 years, which is understandable. It's not like he's not good enough for them, he's been one of their best players and started basically every game he's been fit

He’ll be a bench player at best for us next year, but your right he’s been pretty good this year. If you could get him to sign a 1 year deal or a 2 year deal on a reasonable wage he’d be a good freebie for you, but realistically I think you’d end up needing to offer him a 3 year contract on massive wages.
  • Ahmer50x
    31409 posts National Team Captain
    Feels to me like you've got your front 3 sorted in Pepe/Auba/Saka. You've invested too much into them (assuming Auba gets his new deal) to start anyone else short term.

On the right deal though, Willian would be a great option off the bench.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    He'll be your best winger by quite the distance
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    Willian would be Arsenal's best winger right now but having his wages in his year 33 and 34 seasons would be a bad choice when they have Pepe and Saka coming up.

His numbers were much better than Pepe's this season and overall he is a better player IMO.
  • Welbeck
    5230 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Feels to me like you've got your front 3 sorted in Pepe/Auba/Saka. You've invested too much into them (assuming Auba gets his new deal) to start anyone else short term.

On the right deal though, Willian would be a great option off the bench.
    a front 3 that has never started together as a front 3 since Arteta came in, seems likely.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    Willian goals and assists in PL is 9 and 7 (16 goal contributions in 36 games, 2607 minutes, 1 per 163 mins). 20 in all competitions.

Pepe goals and assists in PL is 5 and 6 (11 goal contributions in 31 games, 2012 minutes, 1 per 183 mins). 17 in all competitions.

Considering Pepe has been working under 3 managers, been one of Arsenal's worst seasons in 25 years its not been the best environment for him to come into and settle, see what he can do next season with a bit of stability and a season under his belt.
    -‐
    As for the left side Auba will play there since Arteta doesn't like him as the CF who holds up play it doesn't suit his role. Now if Auba is leaving maybe Willian is a good player to bring in. But remember we have Saka and Martinelli fighting for that spot too
  • Sloosh
    6757 posts Big Money Move

Ungrateful
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    Opening bid for Partey rejected at €25m plus player. Atleti said they are not selling for less than the release clause but Arsenal saying they won't pay it per Fabrizio.

Wonder if the player was Laca or Guendouzi?
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited July 2020
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Opening bid for Partey rejected at €25m plus player. Atleti said they are not selling for less than the release clause but Arsenal saying they won't pay it per Fabrizio.

Apparently Guendouzi

I think we rate Laca a bit better than €25m and Torreira a bit more than that too so it doesn't make sense.

Atletico have every right to hold out for the relatively low release clause, Arsenal if they want to player that badly will try persuade Atletico to take one of the 2 above I mentioned or we will just have to trigger the clause and sell after
  • tilen11
    7034 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »

Apparently Guendouzi

I think we rate Laca a bit better than €25m and Torreira a bit more than that too so it doesn't make sense.

Atletico have every right to hold out for the relatively low release clause, Arsenal if they want to player that badly will try persuade Atletico to take one of the 2 above I mentioned or we will just have to trigger the clause and sell after

The only problem here is that Atletico dont need a new striker. They have Morata, Costa and Felix and Laca doesnt fit into Simeone's style.

Guendouzi could work for them since they would lose Partey.
  • arsenalap
    11723 posts Has That Special Something
    Redcafe is rediculous.

They say our offer is a complete joke and Guendouzi isnt worth anything.

To me if AM do want Guendouzi then that offer is more than fair.

If they dont it's a different story.
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    Either they do not want Guendouzi, which I can understand given his attitude. It is very likely AM do not want to deal with that.

Or, they think Guendouzi is only worth £10-£15 so they want Arsenal paying a little more.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited July 2020
    Yeah we basically valuing Guendouzi at €25m/£22.75m, personally I see potential in him and yes he has attitude issues but I would value him closer to £30m.

Maybe its the way we offered the €25m, maybe we offered that in installments such as €10m now, €7.5m the season after then same gain after that?
    Atletico want €50m upfront or a player they feel suits their system that they need. Guendouzi, Torreira, Lacazette, Maitland-Niles? Then you have to consider if the player wants to go there, will Torreira want to go to Spain or back to Italy?
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
    Guendouzi has his attitude/professionalism issues, that isn’t exactly a Simeone player, id say if it is Guendouzi you’ve offered as a swap there’s a good chance they just don’t want anything to do with him tbh.

I think Auba stays, I think Inter/Barca would really struggle to offer the sort of money needed to temp you, I think City would be the most likely team to buy him at this point, although they seem too well run these days to splash 60+ mill on a 31 year old.

Inter offers could come right become serious though if City do buy Martinez for 100+ million.
  • tilen11
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Guendouzi has his attitude/professionalism issues, that isn’t exactly a Simeone player, id say if it is Guendouzi you’ve offered as a swap there’s a good chance they just don’t want anything to do with him tbh.

I think Auba stays, I think Inter/Barca would really struggle to offer the sort of money needed to temp you, I think City would be the most likely team to buy him at this point, although they seem too well run these days to splash 60+ mill on a 31 year old.

Inter offers could come right become serious though if City do buy Martinez for 100+ million.

30+ yo for huge amount of cash has Inter written all over it.
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner
    tilen11 wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

30+ yo for huge amount of cash has Inter written all over it.

Yeah I didn’t actually realise how old he was, unless your a team that’s really pushing for a league title next year I don’t see any value in him; but I guess that applies to Inter. Still huge gamble.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    edited July 2020
    I honestly think Inter can challenge Juventus next season, Sarri isn't that good of a manager and their top players are getting on a bit now, the midfield isn't exactly a dominant one.

Inter already got Hakimi for big money, Tonali is on the verge of coming. Conte is a highly rated manager probably in the top 5 in the world. Only way Auba goes there is if Martinez leaves however.
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    What about PSG? I admit, I rarely watch PSG outside of CL since I think their league is a joke but they lost Cavani and if they do not win the CL this year, Auba could be the extra piece needed to match Neymar and Mbappe.

Neymar, Mbappe, Icardi and Auba would be a strong attack to rotate and they have the money for it.
  • Ahmer50x
    Ornstein (via Tifo Podcast YT Channel):
    • Looking to move on Holding, Sokratis, Mustafi, Guendouzi, Torreira
    • Might let go of Nelson or Laca if the right bid comes in too
    • Looking to sign CB, winger
    • Might keep Ceballos

Would be weird to see you in for a winger if Arteta is really wedded to the idea of Auba LW. In that scenario, it feels like a striker would make more sense.
  • tilen11
    • Might keep Ceballos

Would be weird to see you in for a winger if Arteta is really wedded to the idea of Auba LW. In that scenario, it feels like a striker would make more sense.

Yeah. If Laca does leave that means Arsenal are without one considering the fact that Arteta wants Auba on the wing.
    That leaves them with Martinelli and even he is mostly utilized as a winger?

Striker is the obvious choice here.
  • Ahmer50x
    • Might keep Ceballos

Yeah. If Laca does leave that means Arsenal are without one considering the fact that Arteta wants Auba on the wing.

For me, they need one kind of regardless of what happens with Laca IF Auba is staying LW. I'd always assumed he would move Auba centrally eventually but if he's not going to do it then he needs another goalscorer.

Martinelli is injured until 2021 and gets used wide a lot, Nketiah isn't good enough, and Lacazette is a good bench striker for Arsenal but not really the kind of goalscorer you need for where they want to go. He's more of a Jesus than an Aguero in that sense. 10-15 goal a season man rather than aiming for 20+.
  • tilen11
    • Might keep Ceballos

For me, they need one kind of regardless of what happens with Laca IF Auba is staying LW. I'd always assumed he would move Auba centrally eventually but if he's not going to do it then he needs another goalscorer.

Martinelli is injured until 2021 and gets used wide a lot, Nketiah isn't good enough, and Lacazette is a good bench striker for Arsenal but not really the kind of goalscorer you need for where they want to go. He's more of a Jesus than an Aguero in that sense. 10-15 goal a season man rather than aiming for 20+.

If Laca really becomes their bench striker, they'll need to dig deep into their pockets to sign someone that is a class above (wont be cheap).
  • El_Nino
    8974 posts League Winner
    I think it’s clear Lacca will be the starting striker for Arsenal next year, Arteta obviously thinks he can get something out of him, and prefers Auba outwide. Not sure I agree but only time will tell if it’s a good call or not.
  • Stlducks
    8025 posts League Winner
    Laca doesn't score as often as I would like from a striker but if Auba/Saka/Pepe pick up the scoring and Laca continues to contribute with his build up play and aggressive pressing I think he will be a solid player under Arteta.
  • Ashy
    18057 posts World Class
    Laca doesn't score as often as I would like from a striker but if Auba/Saka/Pepe pick up the scoring and Laca continues to contribute with his build up play and aggressive pressing I think he will be a solid player under Arteta.

Yea, then you also add a creative midfielder signing that will contribute more