Any reason why i am losing games with more shots and clear chances than opp?

Theomanny
2002 posts Fans' Favourite
Not sure whats going on lately but i find i am having way way more shots and 1v1 than my opponents only to end up losing 70% of this games.

Opponents no chance all game only to score with their first and second attempt while their gk makes saves after saves.

Just lost two wl games where i had 6-7 more 1v1 than opp, only for them to score crappy rebound goals. Been going on for weeks making me think am crazy.

Am i playing the game wrong or should i just pass it around like the pros do with no intention of scoring, bore them off until i shoot towards goalie 85th minutes with my first shot on target?

Seems to be the only way to win now. Just felt like the game is holding me back trying to keep games close and tight for no apparent reasons.

Comments

• Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hmmm, most goals scored at end of half or end of game or within a few game minutes after opp scores a goal;

Tight games (one goal lead) ever wonder why you hit the post, a lot — never get the through the gks legs fluke shots when its super tight except if you are losing then there are many more opportunities to get back into the game — clear goal kicks are given as corners for opp, the ref allows for More obstruction in opps box versus you — the ref doesn’t call anything if you are the one losing unless its blatant and then its a 5050 if calls made etc etc etc etc...

Wind 🌬 can be with you or against you...

1 v 1 ‘s are mostly about connection if its vs a keeper & keepers speed is nuked & they can butcher in the box —. If you try a skill move eas mech is likely to do a crazy animation and lunge your skilled player into a defender whos also likely lunging and then said defender will just run into said offensive player.... etc etc etc.

Its in the game...
  • Kamilflage
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    Its not just you. Happens to me almost every other game. Hell the other day I played squad battles and the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ happened lol. It's just the way the game is programmed unfortunately.
  • Wi1son73
    2945 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 26
    Theomanny wrote: »
    Not sure whats going on lately but i find i am having way way more shots and 1v1 than my opponents only to end up losing 70% of this games.

Opponents no chance all game only to score with their first and second attempt while their gk makes saves after saves.

Just lost two wl games where i had 6-7 more 1v1 than opp, only for them to score crappy rebound goals. Been going on for weeks making me think am crazy.

Am i playing the game wrong or should i just pass it around like the pros do with no intention of scoring, bore them off until i shoot towards goalie 85th minutes with my first shot on target?

Seems to be the only way to win now. Just felt like the game is holding me back trying to keep games close and tight for no apparent reasons.

Hahaha these are my games, I’ve went through 4 high rated gk’s to see if they made any difference. But still, I’m left scratching my head at how my opponent scored with with every shot taken.

I would love to know if my opponent just had a lucky game against me with his keeper saving like Spider-Man, or are they consistently lucky lol..
    I hate to see their keeper save a shot with his fingertips, like how strong are you fingertips ffs...
  • Mogga
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 26
    My last 4 games

Lost 1-9
    Won 6-2
    Lost 1-5
    Won 5-2

I've seen nothing like it before, feel like I'm having to anticipate everything 2 seconds before it's happening. That top game I was actually trying til it got to 6, I literally couldn't do anything it was embarrasing 😅

Had more possession and shots in all 4 games
  • Bakudu76
    2881 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 26
    Had the same problem. Its you.

Inb4 inconsistent finishing is games fault
    • yes the finishing in this game isn't as consistent as last years
    •yes there isn't a one solution fits all shot in this game
    • yes your 99 finishing players sometimes misses open goals, and that's bad.
    • yes, on some games you'll still hit the post more often than not, even if the shot and the circumstances were predestined for a goal.

Nonetheless you need to do everything to reduce randomness and find out which shot has the highest possibility of a goal in each and every situation.

This means you need to work on your finishing. And have better decision making in terms of which shot out of which angle to take and positioning.
    Could be a ballroll or another fakeshot or shooting with more power on average or finesse or even timed finishing.
    Work on your timing, work on your patience.

There is allways room for improvement.
  • sparky123
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Had the same problem. Its you.

Inb4 inconsistent finishing is games fault
    • yes the finishing in this game isn't as consistent as last years
    •yes there isn't a one solution fits all shot in this game
    • yes your 99 finishing players sometimes misses open goals, and that's bad.
    • yes, on some games you'll still hit the post more often than not, even if the shot and the circumstances were predestined for a goal.

Nonetheless you need to do everything to reduce randomness and find out which shot has the highest possibility of a goal in each and every situation.

This means you need to work on your finishing. And have better decision making in terms of which shot out of which angle to take and positioning.
    Could be a ballroll or another fakeshot or shooting with more power on average or finesse or even timed finishing.
    Work on your timing, work on your patience.

There is allways room for improvement.

I’ve found the finishing to be inconsistent but then watching some of the shots I’ve been choosing, it’s clear that you sometimes need a bit of patience in the shooting. An extra touch, ball roll or fake shot can make the difference.

I also tried the driven finesse shot, takes a bit of practice and timing but it’s a really effective finish
  • dina00079
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I have the same problem as you. It’s just ridiculous. I don’t believe and I don’t understand how people can say “it’s you”. How can be you? You have 70% of the ball possession, you create 100s of chances, you managed to shoot 15 times in a game where your player are not moving and your opponent player controlled by AI are pressing you, tackling you and launch themselves to save the ball and your player watch the ball an inch from their feet and don’t even blink...how can be you? It’s the game. I’m not sure what is it but for some players is like that and there is nothing you can do. Occasionally you get players so bad you can beat them even in those conditions...there are not other explanations. You can’t suddenly become the worse player in the game and get relegated 5 division because you don’t do a ball roll and a fake shoot...until yesterday what you were doing was ok and from today it doesn’t work anymore? Everyone suddenly became better than you overnight? EA should really do something about this...what make it worse is that any a s *s ho le you play also think it’s ok to celebrate every single one of their 5 renounce goal and probably shush you as well...
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Because Fifa.
  • Drachenfells
    1336 posts Professional
    "surprise mechanics" it's in the game, 😂 we have all been there buddy, it's not just you.

Best thing to do is put another game on for a while, relax and try again later, surprisingly you luck can be a lot better at different times of the day. I cannot win a game between 8pm and 11pm, but can win consistent after 12.30am. Strange that.
  • Ballerson
    edited July 26
    "surprise mechanics" it's in the game, 😂 we have all been there buddy, it's not just you.

Best thing to do is put another game on for a while, relax and try again later, surprisingly you luck can be a lot better at different times of the day. I cannot win a game between 8pm and 11pm, but can win consistent after 12.30am. Strange that.

100 % agree. Those who are pros at this game or lets say higher levels of elite know how to exploit the mechanics, know how to combat lag or the junk dynamics, and all that stuff that we cannot discuss. I played a Fortnight pro who had 4 pim $$$$ icons and the rest silvers and he beat me 3 -1 with his silvers making insane tackles...pro online gamers can likely play & exploit most games which is why they are successful.. a caveat to this is when elite play elite or pro play pro, even they get disgusted & rage quit — see Boras Legend when he played a Russian top pro & the Russian dude quit due to connection issues after Bora went up 1 - 0....

The arrogant contrarian peeps here will never admit getting beat & they will mostly try to make you feel bad about themselves to bolster their self worth so you gotta look around to gain full perspective on the game.

The fact is that this is a strange quasi simulation of football — but get real, theres so much unreal about it so much outta our control as we can only control 1 player at a time ...ai has to do the rest. Like i would not put my cbs in the box for a corner with a 1 to 0 lead but i have no choice..id put 5 guys or 6 guys back all defense and simply not give up a counter...but i habe no choice — so i just kick the ball outta bounds but even then its hard to kick it outta bounds intentionally — so again its about maxing the mechanics of a quasi simulation..

But lets face it, really good fifa players are mostly not anywhere close to getting on a real field and being a pro at the real game —

Post edited by Ballerson on
  • Alvin8
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    it's simply a lack of skill on your part.
    losing in the way you describe is a common pattern on fifa, attacking a lot without managing well defender/midfielder exposes you to counterattacks
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ballerson wrote: »
    But lets face it, really good fifa players are mostly not anywhere close to getting on a real field and being a pro at the real game —
    Whaaaaaaat, being good at a Video Game doesn't mean you're good at the real thing?? Are you saying I can't headshot terrorists while strafing in real life?
  • futaddikt
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ea sports..... it's in the game!
  • SuperKMx
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite

The vast majority of FIFA players (really good through to really bad) are not anywhere close to getting on a real field and bring a pro at the real game. Probably less than 0.0001% of them are, in fact.

So I'm not really sure what point you think you're making.
  • Ballerson
    SuperKMx wrote: »

The vast majority of FIFA players (really good through to really bad) are not anywhere close to getting on a real field and bring a pro at the real game. Probably less than 0.0001% of them are, in fact.

So I'm not really sure what point you think you're making.

Making the following points...

1) this is not a simulation of football, its barely a resemblance of football — could almost be centipede with a few badges & dumb ❤️❤️❤️❤️ commentary that mysteriously predicts whats about to happen in games....huh, whys that...

2) rl football knowledge and skill has almost no bearing on if one can excel at this game — key word “excel”.

3) people who are excellent at this game are excellent at other online video games —

4) being successful in online games is a Completely different skill set than rl - duh — but thats the catch, this “game” tries to fake its way to being in both worlds —

5) in the end, its a poor imitation, but it’s the best out there aside from football manager— so It’s what we got — we post here versus someplace else so ea can more easily view our feedback & to talk a little trash w the community

• Ballerson
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaat, being good at a Video Game doesn't mean you're good at the real thing?? Are you saying I can't headshot terrorists while strafing in real life?
    [/quote

For all I know you are a yoga master who can put your ankles behind your cranium in the elongated spider position and strafe away....
  • young_volki
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had a match today against a regular Gold Team, he had 79 Ulreich as his GK.

Match ended with 28 - 3 shots for me, his Ulreich made 15 saves.
    I obviously won but only scored 3 goals out of all these shots, I hit the post 3 times.

It is so obvious how this happens much more frequently if you play against someone with a way weaker team than yours. The exact same shots would have easily went into the net in other matches with a TOTS GK
  • Mogga
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    I had a match today against a regular Gold Team, he had 79 Ulreich as his GK.

Match ended with 28 - 3 shots for me, his Ulreich made 15 saves.
    I obviously won but only scored 3 goals out of all these shots, I hit the post 3 times.

It is so obvious how this happens much more frequently if you play against someone with a way weaker team than yours. The exact same shots would have easily went into the net in other matches with a TOTS GK

Had a very similar experience v 82 Areola. It was just stupid really
  • tzinc
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    this is a video game it is programmed EVERYTHING that happens is baked into the code
  • I SiR MartY I
    5873 posts Big Money Move
    The game is bad
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 27
    The exact same shots would have easily went into the net in other matches with a TOTS GK
    I don't think it's that easy. This WL some TOTSSF 97 Alisson made miracle saves vs my TOTSSF 97 Benzema and EoaE 96 Aduriz, both wide open from like 6-8 metres from the goal, Alisson not moving out too.
    tzinc wrote: »
    this is a video game it is programmed EVERYTHING that happens is baked into the code
    That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
  • SuperKMx
    edited July 27

No. That isn't how the majority of videogames work, either.

The game is programmed to take a serious of numbers and inputs and turn them into an outcome. Nobody has written "Areola will save 90% of shots."

They've written "Areola has these stats, the striker has these stats. Striker is balanced and the ball is on his weak foot, which is 4*. He has the outside of the foot shot trait. The shot is being taken from 22 yards at 50% power and aimed 20 degrees from central. Goalkeeper is in ready position. Two defenders are stood two feet from the striker. Striker only has 60 composure, so add 30% randomness. Game engine...work out what happens."

Nothing is "baked in" anywhere.
  • futaddikt
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ea sports, it's in the game.
  • Ballerson
    SuperKMx wrote: »

No. That isn't how the majority of videogames work, either.

The game is programmed to take a serious of numbers and inputs and turn them into an outcome. Nobody has written "Areola will save 90% of shots."

They've written "Areola has these stats, the striker has these stats. Striker is balanced and the ball is on his weak foot, which is 4*. He has the outside of the foot shot trait. The shot is being taken from 22 yards at 50% power and aimed 20 degrees from central. Goalkeeper is in ready position. Two defenders are stood two feet from the striker. Striker only has 60 composure, so add 30% randomness. Game engine...work out what happens."

Nothing is "baked in" anywhere.

I agree, things are coded, and depending on the score & other factors, certain things happen that Valdemort is involved in...
  • Knowlesdinho
    13441 posts Has That Special Something
    See that thing that looks a bit like an onion bag? You need to get the ball in that.
  • RKO_VIPER
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect

100 % agree. Those who are pros at this game or lets say higher levels of elite know how to exploit the mechanics, know how to combat lag or the junk dynamics, and all that stuff that we cannot discuss. I played a Fortnight pro who had 4 pim $$$$ icons and the rest silvers and he beat me 3 -1 with his silvers making insane tackles...pro online gamers can likely play & exploit most games which is why they are successful.. a caveat to this is when elite play elite or pro play pro, even they get disgusted & rage quit — see Boras Legend when he played a Russian top pro & the Russian dude quit due to connection issues after Bora went up 1 - 0....

The arrogant contrarian peeps here will never admit getting beat & they will mostly try to make you feel bad about themselves to bolster their self worth so you gotta look around to gain full perspective on the game.

The fact is that this is a strange quasi simulation of football — but get real, theres so much unreal about it so much outta our control as we can only control 1 player at a time ...ai has to do the rest. Like i would not put my cbs in the box for a corner with a 1 to 0 lead but i have no choice..id put 5 guys or 6 guys back all defense and simply not give up a counter...but i habe no choice — so i just kick the ball outta bounds but even then its hard to kick it outta bounds intentionally — so again its about maxing the mechanics of a quasi simulation..

True look at boras gameplay conditions superior than most, and you can quite literally see most his opponents have the connection advantage. If we had gameplay like his we’d all be top 100.
  • Kobayashi
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mogga wrote: »
    My last 4 games

Lost 1-9
    Won 6-2
    Lost 1-5
    Won 5-2

I've seen nothing like it before, feel like I'm having to anticipate everything 2 seconds before it's happening. That top game I was actually trying til it got to 6, I literally couldn't do anything it was embarrasing 😅

Just loaded rivals back up and it's the same. EA has set the matchmaking to give a ridiculously easy game against a bronze team in Div 7 then a 94 team full of million coin meta cards, Apart from the bronze teams I was against who quit half time there are no 'poor' players now
  • SuperKMx
    Kobayashi wrote: »
    Mogga wrote: »
    My last 4 games

Lost 1-9
    Won 6-2
    Lost 1-5
    Won 5-2

Just loaded rivals back up and it's the same. EA has set the matchmaking to give a ridiculously easy game against a bronze team in Div 7 then a 94 team full of million coin meta cards, Apart from the bronze teams I was against who quit half time there are no 'poor' players now

The pool of players in Division 7 contains a massive range of people.

On one hand, you've got people who have just started playing (bought the game on sale, or are giving the game a try via EA Access) who have bronze squads. Some of them might even be playing placement matches.

On the other hand, you've got people who have been playing all year who have multi-million coin teams.

Oh, and there are also all the people who relegated to Division 7 in order to beat people easily so that they could complete objectives.

EA hasn't "set the matchmaking" to do anything other than find you an opponent that is in your division or very close to it. Matchmaking is "find a person who is searching for a Rivals match for this person to play against, preferably with roughly the same amount of skill points, and preferably from the same region."
  • dina00079
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    To me it seems clear I can’t win a game and it’s decided that way. I’m way better than all my opponents, my team is way better than their, I play constantly in their half, they have 11 players in the box and yet with very articulate passing I manage to shoot from inside the box 15 to 20 times a game (not counting post and intercepted shot) but the keeper save all of them. Yet 2 or 3 times per game the ball goes in the opposite direction of were I wanted to pass it, go to an opponent that run straight and shot from outside the box and score. 3-0 loss. It can happen in football. It’s the beauty of the game. But it’s the exeception. Can’t happen for 100 games in a row.

Not the rule. If it was like this Liverpool would have been relegated this year and Aston Villa would have won the league... the truth is this game is ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Fix this game before make a new one you bunch of idiot! I wish I could have you in front of me and slap you as you deserve
  • starfox1284
    2565 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game has hidden things in it to frustrate people. I had a game this morning where I hit the post 4 times in one offensive possession and the last post hit bounced perfectly to the players RB who countered and scored to go on to win the game 3-2.