203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
holte enders in the sky

Comments

• Staxdoobie
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    Congrats!
  • TTGM
    662 posts Semi-Pro
    There's literally no small clubs in the EPL now, going to be a good season next year
  • Biggie567
    We just need a striker who can score :D:D:D
  • Biggie567
    and fair play to jack kept us up before his move go smash it at a top club m8
  • Slawter
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 26
    I actually quite like Villa, but it's kind of disgraceful that the reason they stay up and Bournemouth go down is because of this amazing decision.
    7ebd9bb7129b00b2131739652aa1b3a8.jpg
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 26
    Quite a strong looking PL on the cards for next season.

I hope we start better though, our post lockdown form has been pretty poor.
  • Fifapayne
    2533 posts Fans' Favourite
    Slawter wrote: »
    I actually quite like Villa, but it's kind of disgraceful that the reason they stay up and Bournemouth go down is because of this amazing decision.

Oh well
    Happens in every sport
  • Biggie567

M8 i don't disagree but we have been done over numerous times by var
  • SomeNextGuy
    Fifapayne wrote: »

Oh well
    Happens in every sport

That really shouldn't have though 😂

Hasn't made a difference for us in the end, but I was fuming at the time!
  • SomeNextGuy
    Biggie567 wrote: »

M8 i don't disagree but we have been done over numerous times by var

Yeah, it really doesn't balance itself out over the season like they tried to have us believe.
  • Seanregal
    1336 posts Professional
    By the skin on our teeth, jeez that was not a fun ninety minutes UTV
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    TTGM wrote: »
    There's literally no small clubs in the EPL now, going to be a good season next year

Villa Brighton Sheffield United Palace and Burnley are the definition of small clubs
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited July 26

Villa Brighton Sheffield United Palace and Burnley are the definition of small clubs

*insert Tom Hardy that's bait gif*

Edit: Oh yeah, you're a Leeds fan! I remember the anti Blades thread! 😂 ;)
  • Slawter

In what universe are Aston Villa a small club.
  • Biggie567

😅😅😅
  • Slawter

Please tell me he is.
    Gotta love the entitled fans of a club who've spent more of their history outside the top division than in it, but still decide to call other clubs "small".
  • Stone_cold_tea93

It's not bait 😂
  • SomeNextGuy

Please tell me he is.
    Gotta love the entitled fans of a club who've spent more of their history outside the top division than in it, but still decide to call other clubs "small".

Yeah, he is, it's all banter!

I live in Sheffield so I'm used to having the 'bigness' thing thrown at me because Wednesday were somewhat successful 25+ years ago!
  • SR8
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    #justiceforpearson
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited July 26

It's not bait 😂

You're a big club, we get it! I'll admit that Leeds are a bigger club than the Blades (you should be though, one club in such a big city and all that.) Putting Villa on that list is a bit odd though, I'd have them down as a bigger club than Leeds.
  • TTGM
    662 posts Semi-Pro

It's not bait 😂

You're a big club, we get it! I'll admit that Leeds are a bigger club than the Blades (you should be though, one club in such a big city and all that.) Putting Villa on that list is a bit odd though, I'd have them down as a bigger club than Leeds.

Bigger club than Leeds 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • SomeNextGuy

It's not bait 😂

I'd say so, but I suppose people judge it on differing things.

Like Newcastle for example, they haven't won anything in ever, yet they're still a huge club.
  • Jimmi855
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As a bournemouth fan I’m gutted, we’ve had a good five years ( Actually 10) and we’ve done ourselves proud. Shame all of our ‘top’ players will go elsewhere in the coming weeks
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    edited July 26

It's not bait 😂

I'll stop now 😂 Villa are a big club, I wouldnt say they were bigger than Leeds. I'd put Villa Leeds and Newcastle in the same bracket tbh.

Cant really say Brighton, Palace or Burnley are big clubs though.
  • TTGM
    662 posts Semi-Pro

It's not bait 😂

Like Newcastle for example, they haven't won anything in ever, yet they're still a huge club.

I tend to judge it on the facts
  • SaintFred
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jimmi855 wrote: »
    As a bournemouth fan I’m gutted, we’ve had a good five years ( Actually 10) and we’ve done ourselves proud. Shame all of our ‘top’ players will go elsewhere in the coming weeks

As a Southampton fan you have to love Karma..all that “South Coast is ours” Stuff when you won at St Marys was just embarrassing.. your team celebrated like they had won the league that day..no wonder our players were in no mood to help you out last week! 😂
  • Stone_cold_tea93

It's not bait 😂

Are you Rafa?
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited July 26

It's not bait 😂

I'll stop now 😂 Villa are a big club, I wouldnt say they were bigger than Leeds. I'd put Villa Leeds and Newcastle in the same bracket tbh.

Cant really say Brighton, Palace or Burnley are big clubs though.

Fair.

Well no, not particularly. Different level to Bournemouth though.

It's not bait 😂

Honours? Attendances?

I find that people generally just go with whichever stats suit them depending on which club's fans they're arguing with.

Also, you generally get a picture in your head of how a club stands based on what you've seen them do during your lifetime, which does make for varying opinions. For example you'd have to go back 25+ years to have seen many of the historically 'big' clubs achieve anything.
  • Arron xox
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    How can anyone say villa arent a big club. They have been European champions. Its like saying forest arent a big club
  • SomeNextGuy
    Arron xox wrote: »
    How can anyone say villa arent a big club. They have been European champions. Its like saying forest arent a big club

You say that, a Newcastle fan will tell you they're bigger because they have more human beings who support them.

It's all quite tedious to be honest.