How are we supposed to grind for the Icon SBC

NinthFall
2567 posts National Call-Up
No 82-88, 85-92, 81+ or 84+ repeatable sbcs? No special packs for those weirdos who spent real coins on packs.

wtf

Comments

• URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    buy cards with coins... No coins? FIFA points then :'(
  • mypetfrog
    2290 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2020
    :D
  • FixFIFAcheating
    57 posts Park Captain
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Fifapayne
    4983 posts Big Money Move
    Another ninthfall thread

Came in anticipating a complaint
    Did not leave disappointed
  • NinthFall
    2567 posts National Call-Up
    HyperOCD wrote: »
    Work>earn money > give to EA

Its a life sbc

Unfortunately for those who like to spend money, there's no promo pack or special cards in packs
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mossup wrote: »
    I remember a time when buying the game was all the money you needed to spend on it.

? You definitely don't have to spend money to play FUT...

I just started this Feb, play 0 rivals after I got 2000 points for weekend league, stop at 11 or 14 wins in every weekend league, pay 0 money. Now my starting 11 worth 13 million coins on Xbox, and besides starting 11, I have 30+ non-fodder decent TOTS, summer heat, icon cards (for me, even TOTS Kimmich is a fodder...) discarded in the club that I only use when playing against AI. And I still have 1.5M coins left...

All I did to earn these was to spend 0.5 - 2 hours per week on trading and do some SBCs when available... It is so easy to get coins with trading (my total transfer profit after I started this Feb is 16 millions coins). So it is absolutely unnecessary to spend any real money on this game.
  • Tboon
    4405 posts National Call-Up
    URBirdman wrote: »
    I remember a time when buying the game was all the money you needed to spend on it.

I just started this Feb, play 0 rivals after I got 2000 points for weekend league, stop at 11 or 14 wins in every weekend league, pay 0 money. Now my starting 11 worth 13 million coins on Xbox, and besides starting 11, I have 30+ non-fodder decent TOTS, summer heat, icon cards (for me, even TOTS Kimmich is a fodder...) discarded in the club that I only use when playing against AI. And I still have 1.5M coins left...

All I did to earn these was to spend 0.5 - 2 hours per week on trading and do some SBCs when available... It is so easy to get coins with trading (my total transfer profit after I started this Feb is 16 millions coins). So it is absolutely unnecessary to spend any real money on this game.

Nice job! Great trading! I'm very bad at it, so it isn't working for me.
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    people who say trading is quick and easy are not telling the truth I have been playing FIFA since day one trading is LUCK and requires VAST AMOUNTS OF TIME
  • Mogga
    2828 posts Fans' Favourite
    tzinc wrote: »
    people who say trading is quick and easy are not telling the truth I have been playing FIFA since day one trading is LUCK and requires VAST AMOUNTS OF TIME

Agreed. Probs spend more time doing that than actually playing the game
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1338 posts Professional

You make it sound so easy, but don't tell us how 🤔
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020

You make it sound so easy, but don't tell us how 🤔

... just buy fodders on rewards day or the first two days of a big promo or a day without SBC... And sell the fodders on the day when SBCs come out...

Let me give you an example: This Thursday was rewards day, so I spent 1.5M coins (after buying TOTS CR7 + TOTS Ramos, that's all I had) on stocking 90 - 95 rated TOTS fodders. This Saturday, prime + PIM icon SBC out and those cards goes up around 60%. My 1.5 M become 2.4M... It only took me 20 minutes at most buying those cards...

Another example here (my own post): https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/558290/stocked-20x-oblak-20-minutes-ago#latest
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020

There is nothing about luck... and only reasonable time required if you choose the right method... Let me give you an example: This Thursday was rewards day, so I spent 1.5M coins (after buying TOTS CR7 + TOTS Ramos, that's all I had) on stocking 90 - 95 rated TOTS fodders. This Saturday, prime + PIM icon SBC out and those cards goes up around 60%. My 1.5 M become 2.4M... It only took me 20 minutes at most buying those cards...

Another example here (my own post): https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/558290/stocked-20x-oblak-20-minutes-ago#latest
  • SimenHP
    4363 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2020

I went from 2.5m to 9m in 3 weeks in tots and all I did was mass bid 600-650 coins on gold rares on Friday/Saturday and sell every Thursday for 1100-1600 coins. I would say all in all it took maybe 25-30 hours each week.

It was no luck, because I knew that ea released the same sbc every Thursday
  • Mogga
    2828 posts Fans' Favourite
    SimenHP wrote: »

I went from 2.5m to 9m in 3 weeks in tots and all I did was mass bid 600-650 coins on gold rares on Friday/Saturday and sell every Thursday for 1100-1600 coins. I would say all in all ut took maybe 25-30 hours each week.

I've got a full time job which is only 7hrs more than that. 30 hrs trading is just ridiculous man for most normal people .

That's why I will always be poor 😂
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020
    Mogga wrote: »

I went from 2.5m to 9m in 3 weeks in tots and all I did was mass bid 600-650 coins on gold rares on Friday/Saturday and sell every Thursday for 1100-1600 coins. I would say all in all ut took maybe 25-30 hours each week.

I've got a full time job which is only 7hrs more than that. 30 hrs trading is just ridiculous man for most normal people .

let me copy my reply to another guy here, I hope it helps:

There is nothing about luck... and only reasonable time required if you choose the right method... Let me give you an example: This Thursday was rewards day, so I spent 1.5M coins (after buying TOTS CR7 + TOTS Ramos, that's all I had) on stocking 90 - 95 rated TOTS fodders. This Saturday, prime + PIM icon SBC out and those cards goes up around 60%. My 1.5 M become 2.4M... It only took me 20 minutes at most buying those cards...

• D0lvl
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    Traders,

Question. Do you guys even play and enjoy the game? Or is the coin counting the 'game' for you all?

• URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Traders,

Question. Do you guys even play and enjoy the game? Or is the coin counting the 'game' for you all?

of course bro... The only reason I play to 11 or 14 wins in weekend league even I don't need the rewards at all is that I want to enjoy my squad... I have a full time job, sometimes even weekend extra work. So for me, 0.5 - 2 hours trading + 3-4 hours weekend league + random hours squad battle is pretty nice.
  • what3v3r
    960 posts Professional

It does not involve luck at all, but yes it takes way more time than people want you to believe.
  • hiya
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    only 25-30 hours a week lol :D crying
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1294 posts Professional
    edited July 2020
    trading isnt luck its how. BUT its very time consuming sadly :( Ive made 20 million this Fifa.
    Dont get how some mange 100s of millions. Must buy FIFA points like mad..........

U can grind on the Conembol SBCs though ....
  • Bags
    1894 posts Play-Off Hero
    You're not supposed to grind. You are supposed to have cleared your club out during summer heat so that now you have to buy fifa points to get your prime Nakata.

The best way to give the finger to EA is not to buy them. Ever
  • Bags
    1894 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tboon wrote: »

Nice job! Great trading! I'm very bad at it, so it isn't working for me.

Trading really isnt difficult. There are a 101 YT vids on how to do it. Just find a method that works for you and do it. You do have to make team sacrifices though - especially in the early part to have spare cash to trade
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    And spend more time playing the menus than the actual game....welcome to FUT lol
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    you notice the guy says he has 1.5 million LOL who has 1.5 million to invest in the first place UNLESS you spent 100s of hours grinding or 1000s of dollars buying packs ...

as for luck sometimes you have a bunch of players you're going to sell for a profit and the market will crash
  • Dramacydal
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mogga wrote: »

Easiest Method with the least amount of time is just buy low sell high for WL. Or overpriced. Monday or tuesday you buy cards that are used in WL low(look on futbin for prices) and post them higher. Also buy stuff before it goes out of packs. I bought like 86 tots cards on thursday and now im down to 31. Sancho for 270k i got 4 and sold them for 360k ish. Julien Brandt was 29k i think he is 48k now. Got alot of him. I spent maybe 1 hour a day buying stuff.Time of day is important to. People like Runthefutmarket are lucky to live in a different time zone. Alot of players are cheaper during night time. Most of Europe sleeps but for him its evening. I see alot of players lets say be 500k but at 2 am he is 440k. Also you dont need 100 million + in transfer profit as a normal player. I made 50 mill this year and have Tots Neymar and Mbappe and tons of others. Just dont do every SBC that EA throws at us. You will make losses when trading it part of the job. I have had promos where i misjudged a players price and lost 2 mill but a day later i made them back plus more.
  • rezyy
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    I have 2.5 million to spend and about 3 players for every position and plenty off fodder for sbc’s, my team is 93-99 in every position as well as the subs and reserves

None of the following players can make my team I have the highest rated versions

Mendy Pogba, Modric,Telles, De Jong, Fabinho, Bernardo Silva, Wijnaldum, Vinicius, Militao, Allan, Ndidi

Never spent a penny or ever traded, just played rivals every week and took the coins and weekend league and took the tradeable packs, played about 10 weeks off squad battles then got bored to death.

Completed every storyline objectives and every player objective

Says my match earnings are 1,5 million
    Transfer profit 8.5 million although that’s just selling players from tradable free packs and I have never packed anyone above 200k

I have played over 4000 games 😂

But does show you don’t need to buy coins or trade to have 194 Squad