EA encourage self relegating (smurfing)

1
Gazmac_868
269 posts Sunday League Hero
The whole world knows this has been going on since October yet EA have taken no action. These objectives are being abused by self relegating. We are now at the point were self relegating is normal and people are doing.it for untradeable gold packs. The only conclusion I can come to is this objective model has been good for Fifa point sales which is way they continue with it. I can see them continue with it in Fifa 21

Comments

  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    The only conclusion I can come to is this objective model has been good for Fifa point sales
    How exactly does that "conclusion" make any sense? Who exactly is motivated to buy Fifa points by the "self relegating" issue?
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    BuZuS wrote: »
    The only conclusion I can come to is this objective model has been good for Fifa point sales
    How exactly does that "conclusion" make any sense? Who exactly is motivated to buy Fifa points by the "self relegating" issue?

    Why do they continue with it? Where do you think people got 1st owner players from for icon swaps?
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Why do they continue with it?
    So you have absolutely no argument to support your conclusion? OK, that's what I thought.
    Where do you think people got 1st owner players from for icon swaps?
    And that has what to do with self relegating...?
    And you realise there's tons of free packs from just playing the game, right? I've never bought FIFA points, ever, and did 20+ icon swaps in all cycles.

  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Why do they continue with it?
    So you have absolutely no argument to support your conclusion? OK, that's what I thought.
    Where do you think people got 1st owner players from for icon swaps?
    And that has what to do with self relegating...?
    And you realise there's tons of free packs from just playing the game, right? I've never bought FIFA points, ever, and did 20+ icon swaps in all cycles.

    Maybe people don’t play as much as you do perhaps or might not be as skilled. How do you explain a billion pounds worth of Fifa points? EA are bound to have the data to see how many are in each division surely that would tell them all they need to know yet they continue with this objective model.
  • Arron xox
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Why do they continue with it?
    So you have absolutely no argument to support your conclusion? OK, that's what I thought.
    Where do you think people got 1st owner players from for icon swaps?
    And that has what to do with self relegating...?
    And you realise there's tons of free packs from just playing the game, right? I've never bought FIFA points, ever, and did 20+ icon swaps in all cycles.

    Maybe people don’t play as much as you do perhaps or might not be as skilled. How do you explain a billion pounds worth of Fifa points? EA are bound to have the data to see how many are in each division surely that would tell them all they need to know yet they continue with this objective model.

    So peolle relegating generates people to buy fifa points for objectives. How does that make sense
  • cheesyzoot
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    While I don't think its the best thing to do, I don't think people who usually play at Div 8 level understand just how horrible and sweaty rivals has become at Div 4 and above....

    Played a couple games this morning and it is a more horrible experience than WL imo. People are toxic af, sweating harder than ever, shushing, full replays.... Complete mess.
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Arron xox wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Why do they continue with it?
    So you have absolutely no argument to support your conclusion? OK, that's what I thought.
    Where do you think people got 1st owner players from for icon swaps?
    And that has what to do with self relegating...?
    And you realise there's tons of free packs from just playing the game, right? I've never bought FIFA points, ever, and did 20+ icon swaps in all cycles.

    Maybe people don’t play as much as you do perhaps or might not be as skilled. How do you explain a billion pounds worth of Fifa points? EA are bound to have the data to see how many are in each division surely that would tell them all they need to know yet they continue with this objective model.

    So peolle relegating generates people to buy fifa points for objectives. How does that make sense

    No the point is they don’t care what state rivals is in as long as the Fifa point money keeps rolling in. These objectives have obviously increased Fifa point sales so that’s why they have continued not that hard to understand.
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    These objectives have obviously increased Fifa point sales so that’s why they have continued not that hard to understand.
    Citation needed.
    Fifa points (FP) are used to buy packs, packs are used to get better players and by that getting an edge on the competition. By division dropping, people get an edge on the competition *without* needing Fifa points. So not sure how DR objectives *obviously* increase FP sales.
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    These objectives have obviously increased Fifa point sales so that’s why they have continued not that hard to understand.
    Citation needed.
    Fifa points (FP) are used to buy packs, packs are used to get better players and by that getting an edge on the competition. By division dropping, people get an edge on the competition *without* needing Fifa points. So not sure how DR objectives *obviously* increase FP sales.

    1st owner objectives
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
  • RadioShaq
    16177 posts Moderator
    It’s not really fair to say they encourage it. They have added modes and more rewards to stop it. In the end the community will do anything for easier games. They added divisions to stop it in singles they then added rivals to stop it in divisions then added better rewards. I dunno how you can fix it.
  • Ispeakthetruth
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have never bought fifa points and dont play loads of games but still managed all the first owner objectives easily. Self relegating is just a pathetic excuse to blame everyone but themselves. No need to drop to div8,9 or 10 to do this. Just a lame excuse cos its EAs fault.
  • Arron xox
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    These objectives have obviously increased Fifa point sales so that’s why they have continued not that hard to understand.
    Citation needed.
    Fifa points (FP) are used to buy packs, packs are used to get better players and by that getting an edge on the competition. By division dropping, people get an edge on the competition *without* needing Fifa points. So not sure how DR objectives *obviously* increase FP sales.

    1st owner objectives

    There's not been a 1st owner objective for a hell of a long time
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives

    You still haven't backed up your argument with anything. People are self relegating to do objectives - yes. How does this help sell fifa points? No first owner objectives have been around for months. If first owner objectives helped sell fifa points and EA are only interested in this why are they not doing them more often?
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives

    You still haven't backed up your argument with anything. People are self relegating to do objectives - yes. How does this help sell fifa points? No first owner objectives have been around for months. If first owner objectives helped sell fifa points and EA are only interested in this why are they not doing them more often?

    I was talking about the whole game cycle not the last couple of months. EA will undoubtedly see fut 20 as a massive success due to these objectives making them big money. They don’t care about lower skilled players or new players as long as the hardcore are still playing and spending.
  • Zalisis
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It’s not really fair to say they encourage it. They have added modes and more rewards to stop it. In the end the community will do anything for easier games. They added divisions to stop it in singles they then added rivals to stop it in divisions then added better rewards. I dunno how you can fix it.

    Easy fix 1 - if you quit X amount of games in a period you get a timeout.

    Easy fix 2 - you can only drop 1 division per week

    Easy fix 3, and my favourite - players with high DNFs are matched against each. Therefore the self relegators would be matched up in their new division, completely defeating the purpose of doing it.
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives

    You still haven't backed up your argument with anything. People are self relegating to do objectives - yes. How does this help sell fifa points? No first owner objectives have been around for months. If first owner objectives helped sell fifa points and EA are only interested in this why are they not doing them more often?

    I was talking about the whole game cycle not the last couple of months. EA will undoubtedly see fut 20 as a massive success due to these objectives making them big money. They don’t care about lower skilled players or new players as long as the hardcore are still playing and spending.

    EA are a business so will naturally want to make as much money as they want - can't blame them for that. There are plenty of other game modes available and lots of objectives that only require squad battles. Hardly nees to be hardcore for that. How is any of this related to self-relegating and selling packs?
  • RadioShaq
    16177 posts Moderator
    I wouldn’t say easy fix. There was a thread saying there is a penalty on points after quitting so many games a month or so ago and everyone complained and said how unfair any kind of penalty would be. Also it’s probably not best to punish someone by making them play better players who would naturally drop more than a division a week or give them rewards they don’t deserve because others abuse the system.
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives

    You still haven't backed up your argument with anything. People are self relegating to do objectives - yes. How does this help sell fifa points? No first owner objectives have been around for months. If first owner objectives helped sell fifa points and EA are only interested in this why are they not doing them more often?

    I was talking about the whole game cycle not the last couple of months. EA will undoubtedly see fut 20 as a massive success due to these objectives making them big money. They don’t care about lower skilled players or new players as long as the hardcore are still playing and spending.

    EA are a business so will naturally want to make as much money as they want - can't blame them for that. There are plenty of other game modes available and lots of objectives that only require squad battles. Hardly nees to be hardcore for that. How is any of this related to self-relegating and selling packs?

    Fifa point sales are up this year so you tell me. It’s obviously been a success for EA.
  • RadioShaq
    16177 posts Moderator
    Maybe people like the game and buy fifa points.
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives

    You still haven't backed up your argument with anything. People are self relegating to do objectives - yes. How does this help sell fifa points? No first owner objectives have been around for months. If first owner objectives helped sell fifa points and EA are only interested in this why are they not doing them more often?

    I was talking about the whole game cycle not the last couple of months. EA will undoubtedly see fut 20 as a massive success due to these objectives making them big money. They don’t care about lower skilled players or new players as long as the hardcore are still playing and spending.

    EA are a business so will naturally want to make as much money as they want - can't blame them for that. There are plenty of other game modes available and lots of objectives that only require squad battles. Hardly nees to be hardcore for that. How is any of this related to self-relegating and selling packs?

    Fifa point sales are up this year so you tell me. It’s obviously been a success for EA.

    Fifa has been a success. Show the connection you have stated between self-relegating and selling fifa points? If doesn't make sense.
  • Mogga
    1815 posts Play-Off Hero
    At this point, they should slash the divisions from 10 to 5.

    Hopefully next year there are no divisions just a ranking system similar to WL where you are matched on form.

    Plus alternative "competitive" modes which also contribute towards your weekly score
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Maybe people like the game and buy fifa points.

    Yes this is it they load up on points relegate themselves to batter lower skilled or new players and get their new shiny card. Not that difficult to understand really.
  • kraid
    5361 posts Big Money Move
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives

    You still haven't backed up your argument with anything. People are self relegating to do objectives - yes. How does this help sell fifa points? No first owner objectives have been around for months. If first owner objectives helped sell fifa points and EA are only interested in this why are they not doing them more often?

    I was talking about the whole game cycle not the last couple of months. EA will undoubtedly see fut 20 as a massive success due to these objectives making them big money. They don’t care about lower skilled players or new players as long as the hardcore are still playing and spending.

    EA are a business so will naturally want to make as much money as they want - can't blame them for that. There are plenty of other game modes available and lots of objectives that only require squad battles. Hardly nees to be hardcore for that. How is any of this related to self-relegating and selling packs?

    Fifa point sales are up this year so you tell me. It’s obviously been a success for EA.

    Objectives make people play the game more regularly. The more often you play the greater the chance you spend money, it’s a simple connection. It Has NOTHING to do with self relegating.

    The more apt conclusion is people are self relegating for objectives, this isn’t really affecting ea’s bottom line in any major way, therefore ea aren’t too bothered about trying to stop it.
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    kraid wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    1st owner objectives
    ... and we're back to "it has nothing to do with self relegating". Ugh.
    They are bound to know the data about how many are in each division that should tell them all they need to know. People have been relegating all year due to their objectives

    You still haven't backed up your argument with anything. People are self relegating to do objectives - yes. How does this help sell fifa points? No first owner objectives have been around for months. If first owner objectives helped sell fifa points and EA are only interested in this why are they not doing them more often?

    I was talking about the whole game cycle not the last couple of months. EA will undoubtedly see fut 20 as a massive success due to these objectives making them big money. They don’t care about lower skilled players or new players as long as the hardcore are still playing and spending.

    EA are a business so will naturally want to make as much money as they want - can't blame them for that. There are plenty of other game modes available and lots of objectives that only require squad battles. Hardly nees to be hardcore for that. How is any of this related to self-relegating and selling packs?

    Fifa point sales are up this year so you tell me. It’s obviously been a success for EA.

    Objectives make people play the game more regularly. The more often you play the greater the chance you spend money, it’s a simple connection. It Has NOTHING to do with self relegating.

    The more apt conclusion is people are self relegating for objectives, this isn’t really affecting ea’s bottom line in any major way, therefore ea aren’t too bothered about trying to stop it.

    The objectives are keeping the big spenders engaged as you say!!! They load up on points relegate themselves batter lower skilled or new players then get their new shiny card. EA are delighted by this which is why they haven’t took any meaningful action to prevent this self relegating.
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Maybe people like the game and buy fifa points.

    Yes this is it they load up on points relegate themselves to batter lower skilled or new players and get their new shiny card. Not that difficult to understand really.

    Hardly "encouraging".
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Maybe people like the game and buy fifa points.

    Yes this is it they load up on points relegate themselves to batter lower skilled or new players and get their new shiny card. Not that difficult to understand really.

    Hardly "encouraging".

    I disagree they could easily stop it. I’m not against objectives but they have been clearly abused. I’m sure EA have the data about how many players are in each division. That should show them all they need to know.
  • Clemster
    859 posts Semi-Pro
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Maybe people like the game and buy fifa points.

    Yes this is it they load up on points relegate themselves to batter lower skilled or new players and get their new shiny card. Not that difficult to understand really.

    Hardly "encouraging".

    I disagree they could easily stop it. I’m not against objectives but they have been clearly abused. I’m sure EA have the data about how many players are in each division. That should show them all they need to know.
    Yes I agree. Don't think anyone would argue this is not the case.

    I still don't see what this has to be with selling points. Anyone could drop any division to batter other players to do objectives. So where is the correlation between self-relegators and fifa points?
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Maybe people like the game and buy fifa points.

    Yes this is it they load up on points relegate themselves to batter lower skilled or new players and get their new shiny card. Not that difficult to understand really.

    Hardly "encouraging".

    I disagree they could easily stop it. I’m not against objectives but they have been clearly abused. I’m sure EA have the data about how many players are in each division. That should show them all they need to know.
    Yes I agree. Don't think anyone would argue this is not the case.

    I still don't see what this has to be with selling points. Anyone could drop any division to batter other players to do objectives. So where is the correlation between self-relegators and fifa points?

    Well I’d imagine the people self relegating would account for a fair proportion of the Fifa point sales. These objectives keep them engaged. Put it this way if these objectives harmed Fifa point sales they would soon be axed.
Sign In or Register to comment.