SH Pogba SBC - a no brainer or do you regret doing it?

Comments

• Mogga
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    He really does divide opinion huh. Thanks :)

I've made a conscious effort to get better with 5* skills as have a bunch of players who'd benefit from them so getting there gradually. Other than that I'm an average player and do wonder about the "if you're a G2 player don't bother".

I've still a decent amount of fodder, but of course there may be the next amazing card around the corner. Would it be worth dropping in SH Ndombele and Wijnaldum into this? Have them but don't really use them (TOTY Kante, SH Vidal and FB Allan do that job nicely already).

Still on the fence, but it's the "he's fun" comments that keep drawing me in :)

I only play 2 CMs so I think that's why toty Kante and ndombele work better for me. If you play 3 CMs I suspect Pogba will be better. He just gets over run (for me anyway) in a 2. Plus I'm not the best skiller in the world so ndombele suits me better.

I did somehow do some backward spinny turn thing with a flick with him which got him clean through on goal though. He fluffed the shot 😂
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    What Chem do you guys use?
  • Mogga
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    KKTHX wrote: »

Mines got an engine on. Still seems a bit short of pace
  • Europa3114
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m disappointed overall. The guy can’t shoot. And while he is good, he isn’t as good as SH Wij or SH Bruno. So I am bummed I did his card. His big body is nice, but nothing end game

Allsop wrote: »
    How does he compare to SH Wijnaldum?

Can't shoot?? You MUST be doing it wrong!! His shooting is the biggest pro to the card imo he's been a walking highlight reel for me
  • yosef167
    6383 posts Big Money Move
    he is great .. but not the best availabe.
    Pogba is a player i really love in real life as well in game since fifa 17 he was one of my fav. so i am used to him

pace abusers or guys who keep Running cant benefit from the likes of pogba.
    he is a player who will do and help in the build up.. ahot great and assist great goals. yiu cant run with him but be patient and he will score and assists in.numbers.

defensivlyy his body helping him he is one if the most aggresive players i used this year so he made great partnership with Bruno and Vieira
  • ContraCode64
    4835 posts National Call-Up
    I think he's one of those cards where you purposefully need to utilise his plus points to get the best out of him. Use his strength, use his skills - that combo with his body type can be devastating when times well. In some ways he's a luxury player and it's important to have a hard working cm with him and he's not always where he "should" be on the pitch, but I find his ability to drift in and out of attacks makes him far more unpredictable to deal with.

I also notice some people complaining about him use him as a second cdm in 4231 expecting him to replicate Kante or Renato or whoever. Imo he needs to be a b2b in a more attacking form... pretty much any form that can attack without just spamming the wings whilst the 6-8 man defense stays back in place helps a lot.
  • OZero
    7701 posts League Winner
    I think you simply need to be good in order to understand how great Pogba is.

Yes if you are only able to spam spinning and drag back Pogba isn’t for you.
  • Dixie81
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    From someone who don’t skill in the game, I think he is well worth it. He seems to be everywhere and scored 4 in first game and his finishing is great, cheap to do and if you don’t like then great fodder for someone else.
  • Team Sam
    4086 posts National Call-Up
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    14-1 in this WL. Him and De Jong dominated the whole midfield B)

He's one of the most fun player to play with in this game for sure.

What does that team look like as a whole? @Lackosweat
  • Stevo_CT
    3502 posts National Call-Up
    Mogga wrote: »
    KKTHX wrote: »

Mines got an engine on. Still seems a bit short of pace

Spot on with that, with Engine he does not feel clunky like some have described, but he really does lack acceleration/pace, and when playing against agile and fast players, you find him struggling.

He's worth the cost, although if you have the Hendersons/Wijnaldums/Ndombeles/Fabinhos etc, it might not be worth adding another similar player into the pot.

Skillers & Man U supporters, this card would suit them better.

As a non skiller, I'm enjoying the card nonetheless.
  • barryw
    2453 posts National Call-Up
    I'll complete the sbc this week.
    Will run this team as my 2nd team.
    Screenshot-20200720-133209.jpg
  • HS
    2273 posts Fans' Favourite
    SH pogba or FB modr I’ve to partner toty kante in 433(4)?
  • OZero
    7701 posts League Winner
    I prefer Shadow over Engine. You can use skill moves to compensate his clunkiness but you need the acceleration to bring out his best during defense.
  • Lackosweat
    11660 posts Has That Special Something
    Team Sam wrote: »

Still have 2m+ coins on some icons that I refused to sell. Having fun with the squad atm :D
    8-ABBD8-B1-54-F1-4874-A28-F-57979-F911-C48.jpg
  • Team Sam
    4086 posts National Call-Up

Still have 2m+ coins on some icons that I refused to sell. Having fun with the squad atm :D

Why Areola? @Lackosweat

This weekend I came up against loads of people using him.

Something I've missed?
  • NinthFall
    2709 posts National Call-Up
    I've only had base Pogba but I don't think I'd enjoy the SH one. I like quick, agile players so I don't think he'd bench either Modric or Wijnaldum for me sadly. Gullit was probably the only tall midfielder I've enjoyed this Fifa
  • yosef167
    6383 posts Big Money Move

Why Areola? @Lackosweat

Something I've missed?

Areola is the only GK i afraid to face in this game
  • v4vendetta1978
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    Anybody regretting this card just screams I can’t use non meta cards also probably the same people still using 4-2-3-1 and playing like a squirrel on crack in rivals div 8
  • Lackosweat

Why Areola? @Lackosweat

Something I've missed?

Lol I mistakenly put TOTS Ter Stegen in a sbc yesterday. :D
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up

Why Areola? @Lackosweat

Something I've missed?

Lol I mistakenly put TOTS Ter Stegen in a sbc yesterday. :D

😂😂😂😂
  • SimenHP
    6036 posts Big Money Move
    I sold PIM Pele last night to do him and I did and now I don't even want to try him 😆
  • Stevo_CT
    3502 posts National Call-Up
    OZero wrote: »
    I prefer Shadow over Engine. You can use skill moves to compensate his clunkiness but you need the acceleration to bring out his best during defense.

You make a good point, I am going to change this card to shadow and see what the impact is in game.
  • mypetfrog
    3087 posts National Call-Up
    SimenHP wrote: »
    I sold PIM Pele last night to do him and I did and now I don't even want to try him 😆

😮
  • GTaylor
    1115 posts Professional
    He's great. Playing as a balanced CDM in a 4231, still gets forward and has popped up with some great goals. Such a huge presence on the pitch. He's also pretty cheap for this stage of the game. No brainer.
  • BaseCamp
    2220 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great up till +15 form as his attacking ability is phenomenal. Horrendous after as his defensively lazy and a liability. Youd need to run him with an actual cdm in a new 2 midfielder formation as opposed to how I ran him with pim Gullit.
  • Tootrill22
    2160 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think he's probably worth it based on the price but I came up against him a bunch this WL and he was either anonymous or leaving big gaps for me to attack on defense. Imo hes not great but it depends what your expectations are. If you're expecting a game breaker he's not it but if you're expecting a 250k odd SBC card he's about right
  • Lackosweat
    Tootrill22 wrote: »
    I think he's probably worth it based on the price but I came up against him a bunch this WL and he was either anonymous or leaving big gaps for me to attack on defense. Imo hes not great but it depends what your expectations are. If you're expecting a game breaker he's not it but if you're expecting a 250k odd SBC card he's about right

I don't think judging the player based on how the opponents play him should be the benchmark of how good the player actually is. Elite players can make bad cards look good in game while bad players can do the opposite.
  • Ruprecht
    997 posts Semi-Pro
    Played 6 games with him in WL in a prem team I made for him and he was really good, when the gameplay was good. Well worth it for the price. Gave James and Fernandes a few games too to and they both played great in a fun team.

Would recommend.
  • Tootrill22
    2160 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tootrill22 wrote: »

I don't think judging the player based on how the opponents play him should be the benchmark of how good the player actually is. Elite players can make bad cards look good in game while bad players can do the opposite.

Sure but I did play against him at least 6 different times. I agree offensively it's hard to say but defensively it had nothing to do with the player and more to do with his positioning and ai movement. Decent enough sample size I think. I like pogba irl and so far have not completed the sbc almost solely because of my experience.
  • Gligor
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    I pack 99 Messi from Pogba so 😁