Andre Schürrle special card???

abhreebhu_45
2027 posts Fans' Favourite
Give him a moments atleast,,, the guy had such promising career only marred by illness n injuries

Comments

• NucksNation
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    His career never took off, now he’s retiring at 29..
    if anything Cazorla deserves it, coming from a united fan.. stuck around when everyone else ran away to win trophies

• BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    His career never took off
    Yes, let's ignore he assisted the winning goal in the world cup final...
  • NucksNation
    BuZuS wrote: »
    His career never took off
    Yes, let's ignore he assisted the winning goal in the world cup final...
    Gotze scored it. if he retire today, he won’t be getting a “special” card.
  • Bobo23
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 19
    If Biabiany somehow forged himself a Flashback card, Schurrle 100% deserves one.

Always thought Schurrle had so much potential, he showed glimpses of it when he was at Chelsea. But things never really worked out for him wherever he went in his career. But at the end of the day he played in a world cup final and he can call himself a world cup winner. Something many players never will!
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Says who? You making up things doesn't make them true, you know.
  • NucksNation
    edited July 19
    You think gotze deserves something special for a single World Cup goal, yes Germany won it but it doesn’t make him special all of a sudden..

Maybe my expectation of a player is high compare to you or some folks,

And what have I made up?
  • Quase
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 19
    You think gotze deserves something special for a single World Cup goal, yes Germany won it but it doesn’t make him special all of a sudden..

And what have I made up?
    Maybe your expectations are focussing on different "achievements" to honour a career of a football player? In my humble opinion there is nothing higher to achieve then winning the Worldcup as a football player. That alone grants you a place in the hall of fame and that alone should be enough to warrant a lousy virtual special card on a virtual football game. It's a way to pay someone respect for the achievement at the end of their career in a game that tries to mirror the sport.

It's not only Schürrle that needs a special card, there is also Mario Gomez in the same boat who ends his career as well.
    Still I see a lot of special cards from players I never heard of, like Aiden McGeady or Angelo Ogbonna. I ask myself, what have Axel Witsel, Willian Cyprien, Nuri Sahin or Christian Fuchs (to drop just a few names with a Flashback/EoA card from this FUT) achieved compared to players like Götze, Schürrle or Gomez to warrant a Flashback card?
  • NucksNation
    Quase wrote: »

And what have I made up?
    Maybe your expectations are focussing on different "achievements" to honour a career of a football player? In my humble opinion there is nothing higher to achieve then winning the Worldcup as a football player. That alone grants you a place in the hall of fame and that alone should be enough to warrant a lousy virtual special card on a virtual football game. It's a way to pay someone respect for the achievement at the end of their career in a game that tries to mirror the sport.

It's not only Schürrle that needs a special card, there is also Mario Gomez in the same boat who ends his career as well.
    Still I see a lot of special cards from players I never heard of, like Aiden McGeady or Angelo Ogbonna. I ask myself, what have Axel Witsel, Willian Cyprien, Nuri Sahin or Christian Fuchs (to drop just a few names with a Flashback/EoA card from this FUT) achieved compared to players like Götze, Schürrle or Gomez to warrant a Flashback card?

Fifa game isn’t near what real life football is all about..
    sure, on the video they can reward him as many special cards as you wish, but irl it’s a different story.
    You’re right, as a player there’s no higher achievement than winning the WC.
  • Denz
    2871 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't think he needs a special card does he?

But it is fut so who knows, they give moments cards out for almost anything.

Probably most important factor in whether he gets something is was he a meta community legend, or an ea favourite.
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    You think gotze deserves something special for a single World Cup goal,
    Do I think Götze deserves something special for the biggest possible achievement in football, scoring the world cup winning goal? Of course, otherwise I'd be a complete idiot.
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional
    Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Götze literally received a Flashback card for his WC goal in FIFA 19?
  • Quase
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 19
    ILevis wrote: »
    Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Götze literally received a Flashback card for his WC goal in FIFA 19?
    Well I don't think this is about Götze. I mean if he would retire as well ... he should get an End of Era card, but it seems he will continue playing. Not for Dortmund though.
    Schürrle and Gomez on the other hand ...
  • abhreebhu_45
    His career never took off, now he’s retiring at 29..
    if anything Cazorla deserves it, coming from a united fan.. stuck around when everyone else ran away to win trophies

Agree on that too
  • abhreebhu_45

And what have I made up?

Götze 😔 was quality,,, so sad for him too
  • Arron xox
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    If they giving him a special card they may as well just hand them out like sweets
  • abhreebhu_45
    Denz wrote: »
    I don't think he needs a special card does he?

But it is fut so who knows, they give moments cards out for almost anything.

Probably most important factor in whether he gets something is was he a meta community legend, or an ea favourite.

Needs??
    He certainly doesn't need
    We need one 😂
  • abhreebhu_45
    Arron xox wrote: »
    If they giving him a special card they may as well just hand them out like sweets

The guy will nvr feature again 😔
  • Arron xox

Many guys wont ever feature again. End of the day he wasn't a world class player he had a good game in the final a few gpod games in Germany and for Chelsea but what else has he done
  • NucksNation

And what have I made up?

If he had left bundes I think it would have been a better choice for him.. at Spurs, gunners or inter would have been perfect for him to grow..
  • abhreebhu_45

Many guys wont ever feature again. End of the day he wasn't a world class player he had a good game in the final a few gpod games in Germany and for Chelsea but what else has he done

Moments,, didn't i mention that in op??
  • abhreebhu_45

And what have I made up?

If he had left bundes I think it would have been a better choice for him.. at Spurs, gunners or inter would have been perfect for him to grow..

Wasn't he diagnosed with some metabolic disorder?
  • Arron xox

Aint moments what they do at club level not international
  • FifaProDK
    1044 posts Professional
    If we are going to talk about germans who needs a special card, you have to mention Mario Gomez!
  • abhreebhu_45

Why not??
  • Arron xox

Why not??

Because he wasnt that good 😅
  • Dramacydal
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Schürrle? For what?? For his 69 carrer goals? For an assist in WC final? Yeah that assist was important but so important as to get him a special card?NO. Better question would be where is Casillas end of an era card. That man deserves one
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    For an assist in WC final? Yeah that assist was important but so important as to get him a special card?NO.
    I love how the haters have to use rationalisations like these to justify their hate. "an assist". "a single world cup goal". lmfao.
    If you find yourself having to downplay the biggest possible achievement in football, you should pause, reflect, and just stop.
  • Antiversum
    5850 posts Big Money Move

Thank god we only have special Cards for players based on astonishing Real life Performances.
  • abhreebhu_45
    edited July 20
    Dramacydal wrote: »
    Schürrle? For what?? For his 69 carrer goals? For an assist in WC final? Yeah that assist was important but so important as to get him a special card?NO. Better question would be where is Casillas end of an era card. That man deserves one

Agree on casillas too
  • Idek
    16154 posts World Class
    He isn't registered to a club anymore so I doubt they could give him a card because of licensing