Is it worth doing sh dembele?

MrMTFC
843 posts Semi-Pro
edited July 18
Would use up pretty much the last of my fodder and use in game as on rw. Just packed tots de jong so go with him or sell to say fk it and go icon sbc. Thanks

Comments

• Giggs11
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SH Dembele is better than 90% of Prime icons
  • Swanz05
    2460 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wut now? Before Pogba/Kante/the other guy?
  • gregsii
    1208 posts Professional
    He's wasted on the wing.
    He's Cam for me and scores some silly good goals from long distances with both feet.
  • Batman442
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    gregsii wrote: »
    He's wasted on the wing.
    He's Cam for me and scores some silly good goals from long distances with both feet.

I've been using him RCAM and LCAM and does the job for me. You ever tried him at st?
  • Icarium
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Batman442 wrote: »
    He's wasted on the wing.

I've been using him RCAM and LCAM and does the job for me. You ever tried him at st?

Had him at all cam positions in 4231 and he was best in the middle. Have him partnered with benzema up top in 4222 and hes awesome.
  • Batman442
    Icarium wrote: »
    He's wasted on the wing.

Had him at all cam positions in 4231 and he was best in the middle. Have him partnered with benzema up top in 4222 and hes awesome.

I have Messi central, for me Messi is 100% wasted out wide in any formation and his lack of stamina means he has to stay forward which only CCAM does. I've been contemplating putting dembele up top for benzema
  • JohnDoe
    12098 posts Has That Special Something
    He's wasted on the wing.

I have Messi central, for me Messi is 100% wasted out wide in any formation and his lack of stamina means he has to stay forward which only CCAM does. I've been contemplating putting dembele up top for benzema

I have both Benz and Dembele and that switch working would really depend on your playstyle.

I genuinely dislike Benzema. I’ve used other big/bigger forwards and I did well with most of them but somehow Benz was particularly useless for me. He’s difficult to move up the pitch if you don’t skill much (imo).

Dembele, on the other hand, is the definition of mobility. Dude is super fast and nimble, his dribbling is silky smooth and he can shoot and pass very, very well with both feet. The 5* skills are a nice added bonus, too. He is very weak, though. I genuinely don’t mind it, I tend to mostly avoid contact with my players, but I can see how that would be a huge issue for some players.

Personally, I’d much rather use Dembele than Benz. Then again, it comes down to your playstyle, it you need a bigger guy to hold up play when building up, you’ll sorely miss Benzema.
  • Batman442
    edited July 18
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    He's wasted on the wing.

I have both Benz and Dembele and that switch working would really depend on your playstyle.

I genuinely dislike Benzema. I’ve used other big/bigger forwards and I did well with most of them but somehow Benz was particularly useless for me. He’s difficult to move up the pitch if you don’t skill much (imo).

Dembele, on the other hand, is the definition of mobility. Dude is super fast and nimble, his dribbling is silky smooth and he can shoot and pass very, very well with both feet. The 5* skills are a nice added bonus, too. He is very weak, though. I genuinely don’t mind it, I tend to mostly avoid contact with my players, but I can see how that would be a huge issue for some players.

Personally, I’d much rather use Dembele than Benz. Then again, it comes down to your playstyle, it you need a bigger guy to hold up play when building up, you’ll sorely miss Benzema.

This is my problem exactly, I find benzema clunky and after getting fekir in the la Liga guaranteed I can move him to the rcam position Messi central and Vinicius LCAM. Was thinking of getting Suarez for striker and dropping fekir but will give this a go before I spend coins on Suarez
  • kraid
    5361 posts Big Money Move
    I’m using dembele at st in a 442. He actually has tots Neymar on the bench, dembele just seems to have better movement. I bought fb mbappe before batch 2 was out of packs and I might just sell him on again as dembele has impressed me so much.
  • Europa3114
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say no.....

Firstly he has no expiry so better off just waiting to see if anything else peaks your interest... I remoulded my team to fit him in when I first did him but now I've gone back to a team around SH Eriksen as I think he's more effective... Dembele is not as good as you would expect, I found him no better than his 87 card and he's much more suited to the wing in my opinion.. In fact I'd always formation switch and put him there...

A big negative on the card is his stamina... Different expiriences for different people but I found he is a 60min player... at this stage and for that price I expected more
  • czesiek
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dembele is one of the best cards in the game, but he really shines centrally. I wouldn't change him for FB Mbappe (who I used for 500+ matches)
  • Icarium
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    I havent found his stamina to be an issue as long as you have him on stay forward
  • Bakudu76
    2881 posts Fans' Favourite
    I havent found his stamina to be an issue as long as you have him on stay forward

Mine is decent even on balanced as a winger.
    Also 90% of ther player base subs in fresh wingers in the 60th ish minutes anyway. So I couldn't care less about that
  • Crowie
    1391 posts Professional
    He’s a 50% better player when you play him in centre, CAM or ST. I played him wide CAM and he had his moments of genius. Playing him ST and he is more impressive than SH Ribery, TOTS Messi and SH Vinicius.
  • Joe_the_chef22
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    St for me and is brill use benz totssf at fslse 9 messi and dino on wings fakir at cam.my attack is mint :)
  • MrMTFC
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks guys, might try him as my lone st and maybe sell pim Sanchez to free up coins to finish him
  • mathewsjino
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is SH Dembele better than all versions of Messi. SS Messi or TOTY Messi any good compared to SH Dembele..???