PES won't have a new game this year, but just an update. Good move?

2

Comments

  • pekkaa88
    6662 posts Big Money Move
    LeftPeg001 wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Pes has been trash since 8bit nintendo era. Im sure they'll step it up for ps5

    You missed out big time mate 😂. Pes on the ps1 and ps2 was absolutely brilliant. Especially when you compared it to the robotic trash EA were offering. Konami just failed with the step up to ps3 and EA absolutely excelled, hence the shift in player base. No ones power is absolute and the race is on to make a good football game. The sad truth is that fifa is trash but it’s the best current football game on the market.

    PES will always remain my sweetheart and as soon as they produce something vaguely playable I’ll be off

    Dont take my messages too literally.. Nintendo 8bit means ps2
  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it has been forced on them because of covid19. It will just increase the gulf between pes and fifa, sadly.
  • Halfhand2
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 15
    Fifa 21 will be a copy and paste job of 20 anyhow.
  • TDOF
    3073 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It might have just been a Covid-19 thing, where Konami are unable to develop a new game in time to coincide with the release of FIFA 21. So they’ve taken desperate measures and decided on only releasing an update which would require less work than developing a whole new game.

    Yeah looks like this. I don't understand how this can be seen as good.

    More development time and more focus for next year....

    look at EA... they make fifa and release like 10 gameplay patches between september and january (so they're still working on the game they haven't finished yet during that time

    after febuary the main team focus' on the next game so they have about 6/7 months of full dev time per cycle.....

  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    Halfhand2 wrote: »
    Fifa 21 will be a copy and paste job of 20 anyhow.

    Agreed, PES is taking the fairer, more honest approach. I hope it pays off for them.
  • First_touch87
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    The biggest problem with pes for me is you change anticipate where you opponent is going to pass the ball almost before he does. The game feels as if you can only run in straight lines there no freedom to turn with your player I don’t think
  • ErikTheBlue
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hopefully they'll obtain the FIFA licence by 2022 (think it's up by then)
  • Goodgod10
    96 posts Park Captain
    Pes is shocking man. A dreadful game. No matter what your beef with fifa is its light years ahead of Pes. Series needs putting to bed
  • MrMTFC
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    It's the same thing with pes every year now, apparently going to have some big upgrades and changes but still as poor as fifa again. Deciding factor for me then I'd playing as my local team Mansfield town, unfortunately not on pes.

    Tbh fifa is doing the same but whacking a massive price tag on it and calling it a new game, so you'll basically be paying for fifa 20 again
  • Toonleew
    2890 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbf I’ve played 4 games online fifa tonight and 3 PES. The most enjoyable games were PES and I lost 2 Of them and won all 4 fifa. Gameplay online is so much better.
  • Moe_86
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    What PES is suffering, is nothing to do in the menu, no market ( not an easily accessible one) no SBC also a poor menu design. The game is a pure grinding yet it’s very rewarding, the gameplay is as far more realistic than FIFA.
  • Glass0nion
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    its all ea sports fifa had to do the past 5 years.

    except next year we'll have some new feature nobody cares about
  • Toonleew
    2890 posts Fans' Favourite
    TDOF wrote: »
    Mmandras wrote: »
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It might have just been a Covid-19 thing, where Konami are unable to develop a new game in time to coincide with the release of FIFA 21. So they’ve taken desperate measures and decided on only releasing an update which would require less work than developing a whole new game.

    Yeah looks like this. I don't understand how this can be seen as good.

    More development time and more focus for next year....

    look at EA... they make fifa and release like 10 gameplay patches between september and january (so they're still working on the game they haven't finished yet during that time

    after febuary the main team focus' on the next game so they have about 6/7 months of full dev time per cycle.....

    Every year fifa isn’t a finished game by the end of the season. Maybe KOnami have it spot on.
  • Toonleew
    2890 posts Fans' Favourite
    Goodgod10 wrote: »
    Pes is shocking man. A dreadful game. No matter what your beef with fifa is its light years ahead of Pes. Series needs putting to bed

    #numptyalert.

    Guys obviously not played either 😂
  • Boommaametw3
    3014 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 15
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Fifa 21 will be more or less done at this point. But hopefully this move by pes makes EA rethink 22

    Pes can never compete with EA. They don't have the resources, employees or budget.
    Wishing PES will force EA to improve is just wishing thinking, its like saying action of Kappa will affect Nike.
    The only way EA will change is regulation by governments or simply if people stopped spending so much on packs and it affects EA wallets.
    Right now the trash they make is bringing in billions of money. Why change a winning formula?
    The board and shareholders won't even agree to a drastic change because they make so much money at very little cost. They spend so much of their budget in marketing and promoting useless things like journey and Volta than they soend making the game itself.
  • TDOF
    3073 posts National Call-Up
    Moe_86 wrote: »
    What PES is suffering, is nothing to do in the menu, no market ( not an easily accessible one) no SBC also a poor menu design. The game is a pure grinding yet it’s very rewarding, the gameplay is as far more realistic than FIFA.

    if loot boxes are going to end up being banned in the UK and more countries follow, i think it'll be over for the market as we know it on fifa
  • Dragon0102
    483 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TDOF wrote: »
    https://www.konami.com/wepes/25th/en/

    So Konami announced that they won't be making a new game with new features this year, instead they're focusing all their attention to make the next years game much better with an updated engine for next gen.

    Whether or not this is a good move we'll have to wait till 2021 to find out....

    How is this different from FIFA?

    Oh right I forgot, they will generate hype for all new celebrations and sweat droplets on player faces and call it FIFA 21.

    There’s also the slider variation as usual till the 1st patch to make us think it’s different.
  • TDOF
    3073 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 15
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Fifa 21 will be more or less done at this point. But hopefully this move by pes makes EA rethink 22

    Pes can never compete with EA. They don't have the resources, employees or budget.
    Wishing PES will force EA to improve is just wishing thinking, its like saying action of Kappa will affect Nike.
    The only way EA will change is regulation by governments or simply if people stopped spending so much on packs and it affects EA wallets.
    Right now the trash they make is bringing in billions of money. Why change a winning formula?
    The board and shareholders won't even agree to a drastic change because they make so much money at very little cost. They spend so much of their budget in marketing and promoting useless things like journey and Volta than they soend making the game itself.

    you just said it yourself.... obviously Konami don't have the same budget as EA....

    but, EA focus most of their budget on things that don't matter to anyone other than the casual gamer... (volta, journey....)

    Konami could level with them if they focus 100% of their resources on gameplay....

    @Boommaametw3
  • TDOF
    3073 posts National Call-Up
    Dragon0102 wrote: »
    TDOF wrote: »
    https://www.konami.com/wepes/25th/en/

    So Konami announced that they won't be making a new game with new features this year, instead they're focusing all their attention to make the next years game much better with an updated engine for next gen.

    Whether or not this is a good move we'll have to wait till 2021 to find out....

    How is this different from FIFA?

    Oh right I forgot, they will generate hype for all new celebrations and sweat droplets on player faces and call it FIFA 21.

    There’s also the slider variation as usual till the 1st patch to make us think it’s different.

    fifa devs aren't taking the extra time to develop the game are they......
  • Dragon0102
    483 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TDOF wrote: »
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Fifa 21 will be more or less done at this point. But hopefully this move by pes makes EA rethink 22

    Pes can never compete with EA. They don't have the resources, employees or budget.
    Wishing PES will force EA to improve is just wishing thinking, its like saying action of Kappa will affect Nike.
    The only way EA will change is regulation by governments or simply if people stopped spending so much on packs and it affects EA wallets.
    Right now the trash they make is bringing in billions of money. Why change a winning formula?
    The board and shareholders won't even agree to a drastic change because they make so much money at very little cost. They spend so much of their budget in marketing and promoting useless things like journey and Volta than they soend making the game itself.

    you just said it yourself.... obviously Konami don't have the same budget as EA....

    but, EA focus most of their budget on things that don't matter to anyone other than the casual gamer... (volta, journey....)

    Konami could level with them if they focus 100% of their resources on gameplay....

    @Boommaametw3

    If they overhaul myclub from 2019 and bring master league updates it will be golden. 2020 was a lost cause for them too.
  • TDOF
    3073 posts National Call-Up
    Dragon0102 wrote: »
    TDOF wrote: »
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Fifa 21 will be more or less done at this point. But hopefully this move by pes makes EA rethink 22

    Pes can never compete with EA. They don't have the resources, employees or budget.
    Wishing PES will force EA to improve is just wishing thinking, its like saying action of Kappa will affect Nike.
    The only way EA will change is regulation by governments or simply if people stopped spending so much on packs and it affects EA wallets.
    Right now the trash they make is bringing in billions of money. Why change a winning formula?
    The board and shareholders won't even agree to a drastic change because they make so much money at very little cost. They spend so much of their budget in marketing and promoting useless things like journey and Volta than they soend making the game itself.

    you just said it yourself.... obviously Konami don't have the same budget as EA....

    but, EA focus most of their budget on things that don't matter to anyone other than the casual gamer... (volta, journey....)

    Konami could level with them if they focus 100% of their resources on gameplay....

    @Boommaametw3

    If they overhaul myclub from 2019 and bring master league updates it will be golden. 2020 was a lost cause for them too.

    mentioned this earlier, they changed their name to "eFootball PES" so they're obviously focusing on the competitive side, i wouldn't be shocked if pes will completely scrap master league and purely focus on the gameplay and change the menus to look nicer and that's it....
  • Goodgod10
    96 posts Park Captain
    Toonleew wrote: »
    Goodgod10 wrote: »
    Pes is shocking man. A dreadful game. No matter what your beef with fifa is its light years ahead of Pes. Series needs putting to bed

    #numptyalert.

    Guys obviously not played either 😂

    Certainly have. Knocked it on the head ago though until the last couple. It's awful. So basic. My club is just a very poor fut rip off. Christ even master league if offline is your thing has barely been touched in years. I hammered pes for years 00 through 06 but it's well past its sell by date now
  • tzinc
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES is better than fifa in every way: gameplay, their ultimate team, etc EXCEPT for career league I prefer fifa's version for that
  • sjncomic
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 15
    The sad part is that even if active people on these forums and Reddit did not buy the game, that would amount to 200, 000 units maximum. That would hardly dent their bottom line when they sell close to 5 million copies. Also, the 200k that says they won't buy it are the hard cores that don't "spend money" on Fifa points. So, you definitely will not alter their revenue.

    We are all preaching to the choir here about game play and this game is better than this game, etc. There will be NO changes to their product model so either find the joy in the game or go play PES. Whatever makes you happy. Just stop screaming at the wall.

  • aliheidari2520
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    they released a short teaser from pes 2022 Nex Gen game

  • pekkaa88
    6662 posts Big Money Move
    Moe_86 wrote: »
    What PES is suffering, is nothing to do in the menu, no market ( not an easily accessible one) no SBC also a poor menu design. The game is a pure grinding yet it’s very rewarding, the gameplay is as far more realistic than FIFA.

    I dunno about that. I've seen irl that some people can turn into more than 4 directions
Sign In or Register to comment.