1015 posts Professional
Going to take subs coming on in the first minute to a new level 🙈😂

Comments

• killer xavi
    4698 posts National Call-Up
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that
  • Neil_14
    3080 posts National Call-Up
    They might have to implement a stronger stamina draining system to help balance the game.
  • WouldYouLookAtThat
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    These 5 subs and water breaks are awful. They were only really brought in because of the congested fixtures and heat the players could potentially be playing in. Water breaks now are just a tactical time out.
  • Okocha10
    1015 posts Professional
    edited July 2020
    Just makes me laugh they always implement stuff in football what doesn’t need changing, why don’t they look at the ridiculous offside rule they have with VAR at the moment
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    hmm....

seems a bit unfair......

say like man city, they could go out and buy a whole second team and their subs will be better than other teams starters lol
  • Okocha10
    1015 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »
    hmm....

seems a bit unfair......

say like man city, they could go out and buy a whole second team and their subs will be better than other teams starters lol

There second team already is ridiculous as it is imagine after this summer what it will be like
  • RayS
    36939 posts World Cup Winner
    edited July 2020
    Pls just update goal kicks so your players can stand inside the box
  • oldboiler
    5099 posts Big Money Move
    Great, two extra pauses to follow those shushes
  • Tesco
    8315 posts League Winner
    Would think it would only be added to career for the leagues/competitions that decide to take up the option.

Would be surprised if they add it to UT seeing as from the wording they are only extending it as a temporary measure due to fears that the pandemic might get worse again in the winter and due to how the football schedule is going to be compressed still.

"The main reason for the temporary amendment to Law 3 - The Players was the impact on player welfare of competitions being played in a condensed period and in different weather conditions.

"The recent review has shown that the reasons for the temporary amendment remain valid and the impact on player welfare is likely to continue into 2021."
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    It's a video game that is loosely based on the sport. There are many many things in the game you don't see in real life and vice versa.

Not much benefit to 5 subs in game and I'd imagine they are quite far along in production.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Denz wrote: »
    It's a video game that is loosely based on the sport. There are many many things in the game you don't see in real life and vice versa.

Not much benefit to 5 subs in game and I'd imagine they are quite far along in production.

something like this doesn't exactly take long.... it's changing 5 from 3..... nothing new they need to add
  • RileyD
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite

something like this doesn't exactly take long.... it's changing 5 from 3..... nothing new they need to add

Would they add two extra pauses as well?
  • PaulDr
    3403 posts National Call-Up
    Dont mind the subs if it continues to be limited to 3 windows, but the pathetic drinks breaks have to go.
  • First_touch87
    488 posts Sunday League Hero
    But what will the bronze benchers do? They only have three gold subs? Lol

They will probably only bring in the three subs I’m guessing
  • PaulDr
    RileyD wrote: »

No need to do that as the five subs can only be used in three windows.
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2020
    PaulDr wrote: »

They will have to add 5 pauses if there is 5 subs
    easy way around it is to actually make a decent game and stamina drain for excessive sprinting and use of skill moves
    Possibly a good thing as the 5 changes may force ea to get rid of the bs first owner objectives that literally destroyed the game this year
  • PaulDr
    Queens11 wrote: »
    PaulDr wrote: »

They will have to add 5 pauses if there is 5 subs
    easy way around it is to actually make a decent game and stamina drain for excessive sprinting and use of skill moves
    Possibly a good thing as the 5 changes may force ea to get rid of the bs first owner objectives that literally destroyed the game this year

You can't in real life make the subs on five separate occasions (max is 3) so you'd have to bring two or more on together to use all 5. I dont see why EA shouldn't be able to code it that way too.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1175 posts Professional
    I've always felt that an extra time or injury sub as a fourth option would be good. Like tourneys where the team exhausted all three subs during regulation and have to go into an extra 30mins, or you've used all three subs and someone gets injured. But never did I think 5 straight up subs would be a thing
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up

But.... Have you seen them try to upgrade vinicius?
  • BadSeedsFC
    3100 posts National Call-Up
    I don't see this happening in the game until they change the engine. Since Frostbite got here it has been pretty much a copy+paste every year. And we all have to remember that the EA development team doesn't watch football at all...
  • Clemster
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Okocha10 wrote: »
    Just makes me laugh they always implement stuff in football what doesn’t need changing, why don’t they look at the ridiculous offside rule they have with VAR at the moment

What is ridiculous about it?
  • RadioShaq
    19801 posts Moderator
    Hopefully they make the roster bigger. You already have to have a 3 team rotation to try to work subs in when using fitness teams.
  • NucksNation
    4479 posts National Call-Up
    When you have 5 subs yet zizou still doesn’t play Bale..