17409 posts World Class
    Well as they voted from the absolute beginning to cancel the season
    I hope they go down with a record low point total, absolute scum x
  • Farlz
    9099 posts League Winner
    That's the whipping boys of the Championship next season then
  • wheelerdeeler
    7586 posts League Winner
    Well. Could be going back to Adams Park next season if they start letting fans in. Used to go there loads when London Wasps played there.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3974 posts National Call-Up
    Not to start this debate again, but slightly funny how Wycombe were deemed as having no chance of getting playoffs based on form if the league were to return, then they go on to go unbeaten in the play-offs and beat the form team of the league in the final.

Commiseration's Benjamin genuinely wanted you to go up as well :(
  • Farlz
    9099 posts League Winner
    @iHilarious Unlucky fella :disappointed:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7586 posts League Winner
    Farlz wrote: »
    That's the whipping boys of the Championship next season then

Don't say that. Because based on this season we'll end up dropping points to them.
  • Hicksy2011
    17409 posts World Class
    Not to start this debate again, but slightly funny how Wycombe were deemed as having no chance of getting playoffs based on form if the league were to return, then they go on to go unbeaten in the play-offs and beat the form team of the league in the final.

And they potentially only got to the play offs because the EFL forced Bolton to play a few games with the kids while they were cancelling the Bury games, and gave Wycombe a free win
  • GoodnightIrene
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

And they potentially only got to the play offs because the EFL forced Bolton to play a few games with the kids while they were cancelling the Bury games, and gave Wycombe a free win
    Rick Parry defo had a bet on them to go up.
  • GoodnightIrene
    Just seen the highlights, Henry has probably been the best player in League 1 this season, but what on Earth is he doing not shooting there? And don't get me started on Moore ducking a header, atrocious defending.
  • They Caged Non
    6344 posts Big Money Move
    Just noticed David Stockdale's on the bench for Wycombe. Fair to say he's gone a bit downhill.

I mean he is still further up the hill than Darlo
  • AtomicOdin
    1174 posts Professional
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Here we go
    I think this might cause more of a fuss than the coronavirus stuff
    The bottom 16 clubs voting to change the rules to stop the top 8 from spending money, it’s quite frankly disgusting and a complete breach of competitive spirit
    There is going to be some serious legal action go on over this

Its going to happen in League 2 as well. There are only a few teams down here who have the money to spend, so the rest are going to vote in favour of the cap. We are already signing players based on the fact there will be a cap next season.
  • They Caged Non
    6344 posts Big Money Move
    It should be introduced into the champ too.
  • Hicksy2011
    17409 posts World Class
    I have no problem with an income based cap being introduced
    Or some rule where you have to reduce your wage bill to 75% of the current levels to reflect the drop in income
    But making a flat cap that doesn’t effect the ‘at risk’ teams like Rochdale and Accrington and cripples us and Ipswich who are both run sustainably is clearly just taking the chance to cheat and nothing to do with sustainability
    2.5m is such little money, once Bass and Curtis have gone we’ve made 12.5m in transfers in the last 12 months alone
  • El_Nino
    6385 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah that’s a terrible idea imo. An income based cap(which is basically just an extension of FFP, would be fine, but a blanket rule would be stupid, it would punish a big team getting relegated to a stupid and unfair level.

If Team A is making double the money Team B is making they should absolutely be allowed to spend more too.
  • Alastair
    10223 posts Moderator
    What's wrong with the current 55% of turnover rule?

Just keep that but make some other rules a bit stricter. Rules on what turnover counts as turnover or something (e.g. loans from the owners are exempt or something).
  • Hicksy2011
    17409 posts World Class
    55% of turnover is more of a guide
    I think a few teams are at around 140% at the moment
  • GoodnightIrene
    As stated before it just benefits the gap to the Championship even more.

Imagine a Stoke or a Boro coming down and getting 2 years to sort it out, when quite frankly most people know in those 2 years they are very likely to just shoot back up with no punishment for having a wage bill 5 times the cap for example, fair playing field and all that.
  • BristolMDF
    1353 posts Professional
    All Fulham tonight aren't we? Paving the way for Brentford to pip WBA to 2nd?
  • Hicksy2011
    17409 posts World Class
    I’m not sure
    I would rather Brentford over WBA
    But also Leeds aren’t over the line just yet (although it’s close) so need WBA there putting the pressure on
  • BristolMDF
    1353 posts Professional
    Lets face it, Leeds are up :(
  • wheelerdeeler
    7586 posts League Winner
    Decent enough team to be fair. Arter's finally been dropped so Parker might actually be learning. Would've liked to see Johansen get a start, but it is still decent.
  • Ashy
    11941 posts Has That Special Something
    Come on Fulham
  • Hicksy2011
    17409 posts World Class
    So it turns out that the offer we made to Haunstrup to keep him was just the absolute bare minimum so that we could get compensation (which is minimal as he is going to the SPL)
    So that’s a L1 level 22 year old home gown LB kicked out the door for a L2 level 30 year old who almost cost us in the play offs
    I know it’s relatively clear at this point but I actually despise what’s going on at this club, I’m even starting to lose faith in the CEO who did a great job when we were in league 2
  • wheelerdeeler
    7586 posts League Winner
    That half was more or less what I expected. 2nd Half should open up more because we need the win and West Brom have players who can hit us on the break.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7586 posts League Winner
    Wouldn't think we've only scored 1 corner all season based on that half would you.
  • CaTriEm
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't really know the rules regarding administration; if Wigan finish more than 12 points above the bottom three, does that mean they have foiled their crooked owners?
  • wheelerdeeler
    7586 posts League Winner
    That's comical from Pereira.
  • BristolMDF
    1353 posts Professional
    How is this not like 3-3
  • Handy Andy
    6002 posts Big Money Move
    CaTriEm wrote: »
    Don't really know the rules regarding administration; if Wigan finish more than 12 points above the bottom three, does that mean they have foiled their crooked owners?

yes basically, it will mean the 12 points get deducted next season instead