Even if there were PIM Packs...

ChaseO
97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited July 12
Just wondering, even if there were PIM Packs, how many would make your squad? Would your desired Icons be any different from those from the Prime Packs?

For me, it would come down to hunting for the same few... R9, Eusebio, Gullit, Cruyff, Ronaldinho, and Zidane. The difference between PIM and Prime being for Maldini and Lothar?

Comments

• Laker62
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’d actually enjoy quite a few PIM cards.

Van Der Sar
    Ferdinand
    Maldini
    Blanc
    Carlos Alberto
    Zambrotta
    Roberto Carlos
    Gullit
    Matthaus
    Seedorf
    Essien
    Best
    Garrincha
    Cruyff
    Ronaldinho
    Pele
    Eusebio
    Ronaldo
    Zidane
    Vieira
    Dalglish
    Kaka
    Butragueno
  • Swanz05
    2462 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyone must have multiple moments icons by now: 'FIFA 20 improves the accessibility and availability of Icons in Ultimate Team.'
    EA September 2019
  • TW1103
    3080 posts National Call-Up
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    Everyone must have multiple moments icons by now: 'FIFA 20 improves the accessibility and availability of Icons in Ultimate Team.'
    EA September 2019

I have two. Lampard from Swaps, and Moore, because a guy on here got rid of him at lowest BIN
  • MrMTFC
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    I only have pim moore and Sanchez because I got them with the last of my coins, plus gattuso from swaps but I don't use him. Have a few other icons from swaps and couple prime sbc packs but none really useable. Would like to use an above baby version of zidane, ronaldinho or any version of gullit
  • Mmandras
    3507 posts National Call-Up
    EA September 2019

Of course it does, just not prime moments.
  • Diggy
    14799 posts Has That Special Something
    This many

2adc6eb1eb3adaea971dc0b3cac31fc6.png
  • Dannyh328
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    Diggy wrote: »
    This many

How? 😂😂😂😂 I’m not having for one second you’ve packed or done a icon abc for them
  • PaulDr
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have lots of prime icons but only one moments icon. Last year half my team were prime moments. Icons have been handled really badly this year.
  • Hannayiom
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just one, Rio who I got in an Ultimate pack, BOGOF. He was in the Free pack!
  • Dannyh328
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 12
    This many

How many of these are first owner or bought out of curiosity, best icon I’ve packed tradable was a base zidane when he was 2.8 mill can’t imagine ever packing a pim out of a normal none garenteed icon pack
  • Supermario911
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol
  • Dannyh328
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    Lol

That’s a very interesting point right their !! Defo contributes to this thread 😂😂😂
  • DannySTFC
    4377 posts National Call-Up
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    This many

How? 😂😂😂😂 I’m not having for one second you’ve packed or done a icon abc for them

But for the amount that team costs you could make a much better team without PIMs even if it is fun having them.
  • Dannyh328
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    This many

But for the amount that team costs you could make a much better team without PIMs even if it is fun having them.

I’m one of these people that beleve icons have secret stats and play better than other cards
  • EekAlaska
    2311 posts Fans' Favourite
    Icons have steadily been nerfed over the past few years. They are still good, but whatever hidden stats they used to have have been slowly removed and they play to their stats and nothing more.
  • DannySTFC
    4377 posts National Call-Up
    This many

I’m one of these people that beleve icons have secret stats and play better than other cards

Certain ones do yeah, if they’re generally meta and useful in the first place. Icons like Ballack and Barnes not so much, but then that’s why Barnes is so cheap.
  • SomeLegend
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    Icons have steadily been nerfed over the past few years. They are still good, but whatever hidden stats they used to have have been slowly removed and they play to their stats and nothing more.

My butragueno out scores my 97 benzema but hey guess face stats are for realzies in your mind
  • Jdizzle
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    SomeLegend wrote: »
    EekAlaska wrote: »

My butragueno out scores my 97 benzema but hey guess face stats are for realzies in your mind

benzema bit of a donkey though.
  • Diggy
    14799 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 12
    I bought them all I must be the only one on these forums with a full tradeable 11
  • Blairwallace99
    89 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I bought them all I must be the only one on these forums with a full tradeable 11

Crazy...😝 I think I’ve had max 2 purchased players in any team I’ve used since December. All my coins have gone into sbcs really, but my transfer profit is only about 10mil for the year so I couldn’t afford most those icons in the first place
  • Dannyh328
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 12
    This many

Certain ones do yeah, if they’re generally meta and useful in the first place. Icons like Ballack and Barnes not so much, but then that’s why Barnes is so cheap.

I had base Barnes at the near of the start of the game as a st with a hunter on with potm Jamie Vardy. and Barnes was nuts funny enough was in my squad for a while till I got base Emilio
  • Dinks
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This many

How many of these are first owner or bought out of curiosity, best icon I’ve packed tradable was a base zidane when he was 2.8 mill can’t imagine ever packing a pim out of a normal none garenteed icon pack

I got pim Dalglish from the 300 wins pack from rivals
  • NattoPatrol
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    One week after I bought the game I got Prime Koeman in a mega pack, he was 850k at the time. 500 packs later and I’ve never packed another icon, it’s just all down to luck. You play the game for a week and you get someone big, you play every day since and you don’t get any icons. It’s weird how it turns out
  • Boommaametw3
    3016 posts National Call-Up
    EA September 2019

You can Inzaghi,Lehman and all the trash icons they were talking of Eusebio,R9
  • Swanz05
    2462 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA September 2019

You can Inzaghi,Lehman and all the trash icons they were talking of Eusebio,R9

Yes. Sorry if the sarcasm wasn't obvious :)
  • Jonboyparker
    6410 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 13
    I have no Prime Icons

I have Tradable PIM Ronaldinho instead

I will buy PIM Gullit soon.
    This many

The animations are great aren’t they. I believe in having the best cards. I will not settle for a prime Icon card. I know the price is not worth the upgrade to PIM but that’s not the point. I want the best card of each player I have.