Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    29494 posts Player of the Year
    GET IN MCGOLDRICK :blush:
  • Wyojasond
    16687 posts World Class
    You know at this point your gonna have to really feel for Shef. Utd if they miss out on the top 4/5 by 1 or 2 points after that goal they got screwed out of in that draw after the return.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2020
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    You know at this point your gonna have to really feel for Shef. Utd if they miss out on the top 4/5 by 1 or 2 points after that goal they got screwed out of in that draw after the return.

I agree with the premise but I don't think they'll be as close as that, probably 4-5 points off by the end of the season.
  • Farlz
    9567 posts League Winner
    Havertz deal makes absolutely zero sense to me. Might be an exciting name but they literally need 2 new CBs, LB and a keeper
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    LB and GK looks like we are getting as well as Havertz, the only position we may not get is CB, which yes we need, but we are also missing Tomori, who has been our most consistent/best CB this year.
  • Ahmer50x
    El_Nino wrote: »
    LB and GK looks like we are getting as well as Havertz, the only position we may not get is CB, which yes we need, but we are also missing Tomori, who has been our most consistent/best CB this year.

Rumors suggest you may loan Tomori to West Ham for Rice, right? I really don't understand that :joy:
  • Tornado31619
    28003 posts Player of the Year
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    It's almost like Chelsea need a new GK and defenders not Havertz..
    Farlz wrote: »
    Havertz deal makes absolutely zero sense to me. Might be an exciting name but they literally need 2 new CBs, LB and a keeper

So that when they do need that game-changer to help them challenge for silverware, nobody’s available?

Havertz is the closest that they will get to replacing Hazard for a long time. Abandoning a free run at him would be a Moyes-esque bottle-job.
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Rumors suggest you may loan Tomori to West Ham for Rice, right? I really don't understand that :joy:

That strikes me as complete tabloid BS, I haven’t personally seen any remotely reputable source suggest it, as you say it would be beyond baffling, I’m sure that isn’t even a consideration for Lampard.

• Ashy
    15203 posts World Class
    edited July 2020
    Tell you what, get Pope, Tagliafico and someone like Upamecano/Diego Carlos and it starts to look a lot better and I bet those 3 would cost the same as Havertz
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    If they lose this then Chelsea have lost 10 league games this season. Absolutely awful, dont care if you're signing world class attackers doesn't make a difference when you have the defensive shape of a pack of wheatabix.
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    If they lose this then Chelsea have lost 10 league games this season. Absolutely awful, dont care if you're signing world class attackers doesn't make a difference when you have the defensive shape of a pack of wheatabix.

What a metaphor :D
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    All down to us, Man Utd and Leicester now.

And us
    Nuno really isn't all that

Two comments I whole-heartedly disagree with.

You were saying?????
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Chelsea are proper ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Tornado31619
    Has it not occurred to anyone that Chelsea can always sign defenders AFTER Havertz? I’ll give you a hint, he won’t be signing for them if this goes on into next year.
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    WryLucky wrote: »
    All down to us, Man Utd and Leicester now.

And us
    Nuno really isn't all that

Two comments I whole-heartedly disagree with.

You were saying?????

I’d still say the exact same mate, even if you win today, all we have to do is beat Norwich and you can’t catch us?

I still don’t think you’ll catch United either, not even close.

We are absolute crap though today clearly.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    I mean its funny watching Chelsea lose but Sheff utd are now 4 ahead of us ffs. :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    We go live to Leicester and Manchester...
    tenor.gif?itemid=7866516
  • Ashy
    15203 posts World Class
    edited July 2020
    Welcome back to the UCL Manchester United
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    I hate to inform you but we're getting top 4
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Its a shame Chelsea have a guaranteed win next against Norwich.
  • Ahmer50x
  • Tornado31619
    As if McGoldrick scored twice :lol:
  • wth22
    11513 posts Has That Special Something

On the Jose tribute trail conceding 3 every game
  • Ashy
    15203 posts World Class
    3 is the magic number....

Since Chelsea starting wearing the new kit they have won 2 games scoring 3 goals and lost 2 games conceding 3 goals
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    What a goal Sterling :joy::joy:
  • Ahmer50x

Good point tbh

If City are banned, the title is done for next year.
  • Tornado31619
    Not fussed, we were never going to challenge anyway. I’d much rather focus on progressing in Europe.
  • Wyojasond
    16687 posts World Class

Good point tbh

If City are banned, the title is done for next year.

Aren’t the FA or PL waiting to see what the final verdict is before potentially handing down there own punishments? Thought I saw that somewhere 🤷‍♂️ Just send them to the Championship for a couple of years I say 😏😂
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    If they’re banned from the CL I really think City will win the PL next year unfortunately.