How’s your weekend league going?

GoonerDude81
1010 posts Professional
Haven’t had a chance to get on myself yet. Probably won’t until tonight.

Had a a couple of games on rivals and got beat my one goal both games. All goals were run down the side and pass sweaty ones. I defended badly.

So I’m hoping for Gold 2 again this week. Any early starters?

Comments

• Koning Spijker
    3834 posts National Call-Up
    Seriously, it just opened up. How can one decide how it goes after 3 or 4 games
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Elections in my country today. I will start tomorrow!

Good luck to all brothers (or sisters who play as well)
  • josemourinho
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1-0 and no motivation to play...aiming for g3 thats all
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional

One (or more) can decide by how those first few games went.
  • Murf1985
    1038 posts Professional
    Played my first game. Lost on pens after a 7-7 draw. Never seen so many kick off goals in one match.
  • Neil_14
    3189 posts National Call-Up
    Murf1985 wrote: »
    Played my first game. Lost on pens after a 7-7 draw. Never seen so many kick off goals in one match.

7-7! What a way to start the WL, I hate pens.
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional

That’s mad
  • yosef167
    5225 posts Big Money Move
    GL everyone
    having a Break as i have Exam in Sunday.. 0-0 and will remain that way.. i must be having a good week 😎
  • Murf1985
    1038 posts Professional

That’s mad

It was 5-5 after 90 mins. Both of us scored in added time of both halves and there was an added time goal in extra time aswell.
  • Boysie91
    15177 posts World Class
    Already raging with the game after 3 games.
    Tackling players and the ball bouncing back constantly last game I lost 5-2 as I was raging.

How Ea look at the game and think it's good I don't know they must be looking through rose tinted glasses.
  • Bobo23
    4811 posts National Call-Up
    Playing my first WL since TOTS. Not going to be taking it seriously now though, just gonna play to G3. Playing more for fodder than anything!

Currently 4-1, but that'll be it for today as I have work this afternoon.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    2-1. It's painfully slow and delayed ugh
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    It's not
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t. Play. Friday.
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    0-0.... stress free weekend in a long time.
    All the best to the ones playing.
  • Clemster
    924 posts Semi-Pro

One (or more) can decide by how those first few games went.

First five games I find are generally quite easy. Then the matchmaking kicks in... First few games tell you nothing
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    5-3 right now. Gameplay has been decent just beat by better players.
  • Joka2002
    607 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 4 - 8... can't get near the ball, players just casually passing round me with minimum effort
    Faced 3 teams 94 rated vs my 87 . give up tbh
  • DannySTFC
    9660 posts League Winner
    5-0

Had a little luck with rebounds once or twice, but I’ve been the better player in every game so far (not being big headed just the truth) three of them were rage quits.

Very free slowing gameplay so far, awaiting the games to get tough which will obviously happen soon. Bernardo an absolute revelation so far at CF in 4411. 5 games 8 goals only 1 assist but have to take into consideration 3 of those games were quits by half time.

Just beat someone 5-1 who had TOTS VVD, TOTS Ramos, TOTS de Jong, mid Gullit, Mid R9, TOTS CR7 red, TOTS Neymar and TOTS Mbappe. Crazy team but fortunately he was a bang average player. He definitely deserved more then 1 goal but I could have had 8-9 easily, **** myself when I saw his team pop up but like I always try and reiterate, it’s the skill level of the person holding the controller which is more important than the players.
  • DannySTFC
    9660 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
    Don’t get beaten mentally as soon as you see someone’s team rating, it’s more relevant how good they are at the game rather then how good their team is. Also a 94 rated squad in July with the amount of high rated special cards we’ve had this year isn’t particularly outstanding, obviously it’s good but it’s nothing special. I’m 94 rated myself.

Good luck with the rest of your weekend, sounds like you’ve played a lot of games already. Take a break, regain your concentration and don’t rush to finish your games all at once.

This was in reply to @Joka2002 by the way the quote didn’t work for some reason.
  • mhh1981
    3691 posts National Call-Up
    4-0 atm. Haven’t played WL for a few weeks so will see how it goes
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    Never play on a Friday, even more so during Lockdown, I’ll start mine tomorrow afternoon and play most on Sunday, works best for my connection it seems. GL to all
  • Habermas
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    3-3 so far, playing great one game, being absolutely hammered the next, no in between. Now we start drinking and stop playing WL.. until tomorrow.. where everything will go...exactly as it always do, gold 2 or 3
  • Retro1989
    7484 posts League Winner
    0-2

Massive delay, will try again later tonight.
  • josemourinho
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    14-4. Done for the weekend.
  • Rajarshi_CFC
    908 posts Professional
    7-1. Decent.
  • Yoesi
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2020
    You still play this broken game created by criminals who preys on small childrens wallets?
  • Habermas
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yoesi wrote: »
    You still play this broken game created by criminals who preys on small childrens wallets?

Yes
  • DannySTFC
    9660 posts League Winner
    Yoesi wrote: »

You still come on the forum of this broken game created by criminals who preys on small childrens wallets?
  • v4vendetta1978
    3290 posts National Call-Up
    Never seen such one sided bs in my days on this game it past being a joke now , take all my effort to make a chance yet my opponent waltzing through my team to score with every attack they have . I wouldn’t mind if it evened out but I have to force every win I would love the connection some of these guys are getting, let’s be honest it’s all that matters in this pile of **** .