• Wyojasond
    14844 posts Has That Special Something
    That a boy Salah 😎
  • LFC Simon 98
    19983 posts Club Captain
    He’s not giving up on the golden boot anyway
  • Wyojasond
    Hopefully nothing major for Hendo. Would be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ way to end the year for him.

Great game from Salah and Keita looked solid again. Gomez was shaky again though 🤷‍♂️ It’s tough to grade these games because so many of the players are just doing the bare minimum it feels like but certainly a few issues popping up the last few weeks.
  • tilen11
    6176 posts Big Money Move
    Could finally watch the game yesterday. Great job tbh considering Brighton werent that bad their last couple of games and they were at home. Performance was dominant, Naby is a joy to watch. If he can stay injury free he will be one of the best mids. Really happy with the performance.
  • Kellnerr
    3788 posts National Call-Up
    Naby was really good. Not only the assist, he also won the ball before the first and second goal. A few nice dribblings, turns and through balls aswell. Just has to stay fit, I wouldn't risk playing him in every game that's left. Hendo's injury means we will see even more of him, Ox and Curtis though.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19983 posts Club Captain
    Can only keep 1. Salah or Mane?

One word answers, don’t take into account transfer fee etc.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

Mane
  • Wyojasond

Mane......
    PS,I don’t like this game. Trying to decide was brutal and I’m still not sure I chose correctly 😂🤦‍♂️
  • LFC Simon 98
    19983 posts Club Captain

Mane......
    PS,I don’t like this game. Trying to decide was brutal and I’m still not sure I chose correctly 😂🤦‍♂️

RULES ARE RULES

nah I know I just wanted to see opinions. Personally I would say Salah, not by a distance and it’s obviously not clear. Just opinion
  • Wyojasond

Mane......

RULES ARE RULES

nah I know I just wanted to see opinions. Personally I would say Salah, not by a distance and it’s obviously not clear. Just opinion

Lol. It’s tough for what each brings. I mean 100 goal contributions in 104 games after yesterday for Salah. That’s nuts. Mane is such a team player though, and presses back more. Crazy how lucky we’ve been to see them play together the last few years.
  • Cyodine
    2671 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mane
  • Pxul_
    9669 posts League Winner
    Salah
  • Cyodine
    2671 posts Fans' Favourite

Mane......

RULES ARE RULES

Lol. It’s tough for what each brings. I mean 100 goal contributions in 104 games after yesterday for Salah. That’s nuts. Mane is such a team player though, and presses back more. Crazy how lucky we’ve been to see them play together the last few years.

I think we suffer the most when Mane isn't on the pitch. He's an Engine, never stops and always involved in some aspect of the play. Plus I just love it when he takes on defenders and beats them!
  • Pietu
    7213 posts Big Money Move

Impossible
  • El_Nino
    6366 posts Big Money Move
    From a neutral, I’d say Salah is more valuable, far more creative than Mane, and probably a slightly higher goal output(touch and go though admittedly).

I personally think Mane is easier to replace.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Mané.
  • Pietu
    El_Nino wrote: »
    From a neutral, I’d say Salah is more valuable, far more creative than Mane, and probably a slightly higher goal output(touch and go though admittedly).

I personally think Mane is easier to replace.

Agreed. Salah is better and I think he is being underrated slightly
  • El_Nino
    6366 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 9
    Mane is a good goal scorer with a lot of energy, he’s a great player, but I don’t think he’s world class personally. Wheras for me Salah is world class.
  • Tornado31619
    22285 posts Club Captain
    Mané.
  • Wyojasond
    Salah would be harder to replace for sure, but it’s not like Mane is a slack if he was moved back to his preferred position which he gave up when Salah came in (also worth noting that I don’t think Salah could make this same move)

I do agree with the above comment that Salah is the world class player whereas Mane might be just a touch below that level though.
  • Wyojasond
    Going to tribunal with Fulham over Elliot. Sounds like Fulham are wanting 7m
  • LFC Simon 98
    19983 posts Club Captain
    Going to tribunal with Fulham over Elliot. Sounds like Fulham are wanting 7m

Haven’t they heard we’re broke?
  • wth22
    11472 posts Has That Special Something
    Salah is the better player for me overall, Mane just shows up clutch in the big moments more or when the others are having an off day, while Salah seems to do better in routs. Just basing this off anecdotal experience. Maybe why people rate Mane higher
  • Pietu
    wth22 wrote: »
    Salah is the better player for me overall, Mane just shows up clutch in the big moments more or when the others are having an off day, while Salah seems to do better in routs. Just basing this off anecdotal experience. Maybe why people rate Mane higher

What also hinders Salah is that his first season was something else, just like people always say Messi or Ronaldo are losing it if they have just a little less goal contributions when in fact, they are clearly ahead of the rest still
  • Snugglebites
    1887 posts Play-Off Hero
    Finding Mane's replacement would be more difficult than Salah's.
  • wth22
    11472 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »

What also hinders Salah is that his first season was something else, just like people always say Messi or Ronaldo are losing it if they have just a little less goal contributions when in fact, they are clearly ahead of the rest still

Yeah, I think he'd be higher rated if he scored 25 goals a season consistently than slipping from 32 to 20 odd goals. He set a very high bar for himself.
  • Pietu
    Pietu wrote: »

Yeah, I think he'd be higher rated if he scored 25 goals a season consistently than slipping from 32 to 20 odd goals. He set a very high bar for himself.

Agreed. But it is what it is, if Salah leaves at some point, people will realise how good he was and how hard it is to replace him.