Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

  • Dandingooo
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played it safe and we still lost, absolute joke from Nuno.
  • Shshj
    7825 posts League Winner
    Egan!

    That's Wolves done, huge implications for the rest of us.
  • WryLucky
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    All down to us, Man Utd and Leicester now.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    WryLucky wrote: »
    All down to us, Man Utd and Leicester now.

    And us
  • Tornado31619
    28003 posts Player of the Year
    Shame about Wolves, wanted to see them in the CL.
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    All down to us, Man Utd and Leicester now.

    And us

    They’re a point ahead of you :lol:
  • Farlz
    9567 posts League Winner
    Nuno really isn't all that
  • Ahmer50x
    29489 posts Player of the Year
    WryLucky wrote: »
    All down to us, Man Utd and Leicester now.

    Yup. Just a race to see who gets a confirmed place and who has to wait for CAS
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    All down to us, Man Utd and Leicester now.

    And us
    Farlz wrote: »
    Nuno really isn't all that

    Two comments I whole-heartedly disagree with.
  • Dandingooo
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Farlz wrote: »
    Nuno really isn't all that

    He’s done fantastic to get us where we are. At the same time there’s only so long we can not win in the first half but score in the second. We’d be bottom if games ended at HT, 60+ percent of our goals are scored in the second half.

    If he can’t fix that, our board will move him on. Love the fella and Ive hope he’ll fix it. Last season we were saying the same about losing to the bottom half sides and that’s been fixed.
  • Ahmer50x
    29489 posts Player of the Year
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    Nuno bringing on Dendoncker for Adama at 0-0 may just cost us our CL hopes. Playing for a draw

  • Dandingooo
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    Nuno bringing on Dendoncker for Adama at 0-0 may just cost us our CL hopes. Playing for a draw


    He had Podence on the bench, the game
    needed an attacking spark. That sub just allowed SU to apply more pressure and eventually led to the goal.

    We literally went to the government and asked for special circumstances for Podence to end his quarantine early. Then don’t bring him on. What was the point?

  • Kellnerr
    4562 posts National Call-Up
    So, are there still people who think that Jimenez, Martial or Rashford will win the golden boot? :trollface:
    inb4 Martial scoring another hattrick tonight
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    So, are there still people who think that Jimenez, Martial or Rashford will win the golden boot? :trollface:
    inb4 Martial scoring another hattrick tonight

    Hahahaha not a chance.

    Between Vardy, Auba and Salah.
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    I think Vardy takes it now, can see him getting 1/2 more, and I don’t think Auba/Salah will score that many in the remaining games.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think Vardy takes it now, can see him getting 1/2 more, and I don’t think Auba/Salah will score that many in the remaining games.

    Think the games for each team are actually pretty equal but Vardy being two ahead is a huge bonus.

    Was just thinking about how far behind we'll actually be if we genuinely don't spend anything this summer. Such a huge opportunity for Stan to invest, even if its just to offset the losses so we can spend properly.

    Chelsea are spending a bucket load and United will spend big plus have Pogba back and happy.

    We have a golden generation of youth coming through, but its not enough. I'd love the team to win something big together in the next 3 years whilst Auba (hopefully signs on) but we need huge investment.
  • Wyojasond
    16686 posts World Class
    Some rumors that the Community shield could be revamped for next season. If the FA cup holders are still busy with European matches, then they might pit Liverpool against the Championship winner 🤷‍♂️
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think Vardy takes it now, can see him getting 1/2 more, and I don’t think Auba/Salah will score that many in the remaining games.

    Think the games for each team are actually pretty equal but Vardy being two ahead is a huge bonus.

    Was just thinking about how far behind we'll actually be if we genuinely don't spend anything this summer. Such a huge opportunity for Stan to invest, even if its just to offset the losses so we can spend properly.

    Chelsea are spending a bucket load and United will spend big plus have Pogba back and happy.

    We have a golden generation of youth coming through, but its not enough. I'd love the team to win something big together in the next 3 years whilst Auba (hopefully signs on) but we need huge investment.

    If you take your chance, with the youth you’ve got coming through, you absolutely could starting closing the gap, I think realistically you need to spend a lot on defensive positions.

    I’d say you need a new DM(rid of Torreria when you can) atleast 1 if not two CBs(1 For now and Hope Saliba comes good) and then hopefully sell Bellerin and buy a RB.

    You could probably do with a new creative midfielder while your at it too tbh

    It’s just if your owners are willing to splash the cash or not!

    If you were competing with Chelsea/uNited for 4th who from your current squad would you say are good enough to do so?
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think Vardy takes it now, can see him getting 1/2 more, and I don’t think Auba/Salah will score that many in the remaining games.

    Think the games for each team are actually pretty equal but Vardy being two ahead is a huge bonus.

    Was just thinking about how far behind we'll actually be if we genuinely don't spend anything this summer. Such a huge opportunity for Stan to invest, even if its just to offset the losses so we can spend properly.

    Chelsea are spending a bucket load and United will spend big plus have Pogba back and happy.

    We have a golden generation of youth coming through, but its not enough. I'd love the team to win something big together in the next 3 years whilst Auba (hopefully signs on) but we need huge investment.

    If you take your chance, with the youth you’ve got coming through, you absolutely could starting closing the gap, I think realistically you need to spend a lot on defensive positions.

    I’d say you need a new DM(rid of Torreria when you can) atleast 1 if not two CBs(1 For now and Hope Saliba comes good) and then hopefully sell Bellerin and buy a RB.

    You could probably do with a new creative midfielder while your at it too tbh

    It’s just if your owners are willing to splash the cash or not!

    If you were competing with Chelsea/uNited for 4th who from your current squad would you say are good enough to do so?

    Torreira is nice to have, he's been good since Arteta came in but the injury didn't help. If however he doesn't want to stay (reportedly doesn't like it in England) then sell him.

    Some players are actually playing well under Arteta, players that I'd instantly put on the for sale list like Mustafi.

    If we're going to compete with United and Chelsea then we need 2-4 signings this summer. You've got to think, Saliba is essentially a new signing. Cedric is pretty much a new signing, same with Mari. That's 3 defenders signed with eyes on next season. Upamecano is our long term target and if we can get him we'll do it. But if not we wont just sign someone for the sake of it.

    So with that being said I think our keepers are deffo enough to get into the top 4. The defence is obviously down to personnel but also down to how we defend as a team and theres been a massive difference under Mikel. I think -

    Leno/Martinez
    Cedric/AMN/Bellerin
    Saliba/Mustafi/Chambers
    Mari/Luiz
    Tierney/Kolasinac

    Could be good enough to challenge for top 4 if the coaching is right. We have a quality LB, Saliba might come in and be amazing he has the physical attributes to do so anyway. Quality pair of keepers. Our right back options are also pretty good ideally I'd sell Bellerin and buy Aarons but its unlikely.

    We want to play a 3 man midfield. Guendouzi is leaving, Ozil is getting pushed out and Ceballos probably wont stay another year and we are looking to sign Partey. Partey and a playmaker is the minimum. I'd like Partey and Aouar. Currently our midfield isn't enough to challenge Chelsea and United.

    Xhaka/Torreira
    Partey/Willock
    Aouar/Saka

    However, is enough to challenge.

    Attack is good enough to challenge. I think Laca needs to be replaced but other than that its more than good enough with Auba, without Auba is a different story. So basically as long as we make the correct signings in midfield, i think we'll be okay. But we need to spend.
  • Jboom98
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect
    1791654-37830378-1600-900.png
    Today's Premier League Games
    Bournemouth vs Tottenham 18:00 Sky Sports
    Everton vs Southampton 18:00 Amazon Prime
    Aston Villa vs Manchester United 20:15 Sky Sports
  • Ahmer50x
    29489 posts Player of the Year


    "It is not an offence if, after an accidental handball, the ball travels some distance (pass or dribble) and/or there are several passes before the goal or goal-scoring opportunity."
  • Pietu
    9316 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think Vardy takes it now, can see him getting 1/2 more, and I don’t think Auba/Salah will score that many in the remaining games.

    Think the games for each team are actually pretty equal but Vardy being two ahead is a huge bonus.

    Was just thinking about how far behind we'll actually be if we genuinely don't spend anything this summer. Such a huge opportunity for Stan to invest, even if its just to offset the losses so we can spend properly.

    Chelsea are spending a bucket load and United will spend big plus have Pogba back and happy.

    We have a golden generation of youth coming through, but its not enough. I'd love the team to win something big together in the next 3 years whilst Auba (hopefully signs on) but we need huge investment.

    Don't worry, like you have said before, you are going to spend atleast 100M
  • Tornado31619
    28003 posts Player of the Year
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    "It is not an offence if, after an accidental handball, the ball travels some distance (pass or dribble) and/or there are several passes before the goal or goal-scoring opportunity."

    I love how they’re referencing last week’s goals as though they actually matter in the long run. It’s like talking about a controversial handball from 20 years back.
  • El_Nino
    7954 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think Vardy takes it now, can see him getting 1/2 more, and I don’t think Auba/Salah will score that many in the remaining games.

    Think the games for each team are actually pretty equal but Vardy being two ahead is a huge bonus.

    Was just thinking about how far behind we'll actually be if we genuinely don't spend anything this summer. Such a huge opportunity for Stan to invest, even if its just to offset the losses so we can spend properly.

    Chelsea are spending a bucket load and United will spend big plus have Pogba back and happy.

    We have a golden generation of youth coming through, but its not enough. I'd love the team to win something big together in the next 3 years whilst Auba (hopefully signs on) but we need huge investment.

    If you take your chance, with the youth you’ve got coming through, you absolutely could starting closing the gap, I think realistically you need to spend a lot on defensive positions.

    I’d say you need a new DM(rid of Torreria when you can) atleast 1 if not two CBs(1 For now and Hope Saliba comes good) and then hopefully sell Bellerin and buy a RB.

    You could probably do with a new creative midfielder while your at it too tbh

    It’s just if your owners are willing to splash the cash or not!

    If you were competing with Chelsea/uNited for 4th who from your current squad would you say are good enough to do so?

    Torreira is nice to have, he's been good since Arteta came in but the injury didn't help. If however he doesn't want to stay (reportedly doesn't like it in England) then sell him.

    Some players are actually playing well under Arteta, players that I'd instantly put on the for sale list like Mustafi.

    If we're going to compete with United and Chelsea then we need 2-4 signings this summer. You've got to think, Saliba is essentially a new signing. Cedric is pretty much a new signing, same with Mari. That's 3 defenders signed with eyes on next season. Upamecano is our long term target and if we can get him we'll do it. But if not we wont just sign someone for the sake of it.

    So with that being said I think our keepers are deffo enough to get into the top 4. The defence is obviously down to personnel but also down to how we defend as a team and theres been a massive difference under Mikel. I think -

    Leno/Martinez
    Cedric/AMN/Bellerin
    Saliba/Mustafi/Chambers
    Mari/Luiz
    Tierney/Kolasinac

    Could be good enough to challenge for top 4 if the coaching is right. We have a quality LB, Saliba might come in and be amazing he has the physical attributes to do so anyway. Quality pair of keepers. Our right back options are also pretty good ideally I'd sell Bellerin and buy Aarons but its unlikely.

    We want to play a 3 man midfield. Guendouzi is leaving, Ozil is getting pushed out and Ceballos probably wont stay another year and we are looking to sign Partey. Partey and a playmaker is the minimum. I'd like Partey and Aouar. Currently our midfield isn't enough to challenge Chelsea and United.

    Xhaka/Torreira
    Partey/Willock
    Aouar/Saka

    However, is enough to challenge.

    Attack is good enough to challenge. I think Laca needs to be replaced but other than that its more than good enough with Auba, without Auba is a different story. So basically as long as we make the correct signings in midfield, i think we'll be okay. But we need to spend.

    While I think that squad would be an easy 5th place, I think it struggles to get that close to United/Chelsea, I’d say it’s still weaker in basically every position other than Leno who is slightly better than DDG, and probably on par with Onana(big if we sign him there, Leno is obviously better than Kepa)

    And then Auba who admittedly is the best out of the left sided attackers, but Rashford and Pulisic or Werner are great options too, and may be as good as Auba next year(that’s a big maybe admittedly)

    If you spend a good amount I think you’ll comment yourself as the fifth best team, but I think you’d need to spend an unrealistic amount be stronger than United/Chelsea
  • WryLucky
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    Southampton might be a difficult game for Man United if they continue this form.
  • Pietu
    9316 posts League Winner
    Adam Smith is so out, hopefully it's not bad but it certainly looks like it
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think Vardy takes it now, can see him getting 1/2 more, and I don’t think Auba/Salah will score that many in the remaining games.

    Think the games for each team are actually pretty equal but Vardy being two ahead is a huge bonus.

    Was just thinking about how far behind we'll actually be if we genuinely don't spend anything this summer. Such a huge opportunity for Stan to invest, even if its just to offset the losses so we can spend properly.

    Chelsea are spending a bucket load and United will spend big plus have Pogba back and happy.

    We have a golden generation of youth coming through, but its not enough. I'd love the team to win something big together in the next 3 years whilst Auba (hopefully signs on) but we need huge investment.

    Don't worry, like you have said before, you are going to spend atleast 100M

    Agreed.
  • Pughy30
    29214 posts Player of the Year
    Regardless of what he’s done in the past the way Mourinho sets out his teams these days is so miserable to watch
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    People slated me for saying I'd rather have Arteta over Mourinho but you really think spurs fans enjoy watching that trollop? So negative.
Sign In or Register to comment.