The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Go on snake lad.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pompey players love a tumble mind don’t they.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Don't think Pompey can complain about not getting penalties now.
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    Honestly the refs at this level are so weird
    Give a foul for every little touch then bottle every penalty
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Pompey players love a tumble mind don’t they.
    Think you can say that both ways to be honest
    67 fouls given across the tie already pretty much evenly split both ways
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    Also if anyone was wondering why I constantly slam Lee Brown that’s why, I mean that’s a Sunday league attempt at defending that’s almost cost us the tie, shouldn’t be anywhere near the field for us
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    And another decision bottled
    God this has been an advert for league 1, no final ball quality, lots of fouls and some terrible refereeing
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    And another decision bottled
    God this has been an advert for league 1, no final ball quality, lots of fouls and some terrible refereeing

Hate to tell you but the refereeing is no better in the Championship!
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yikes that’s a red all day long
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
    Sessegnon not on a 9 Man bench when Spurs have put their Youth LB on it. I'm sad now. Can honestly see us trying to loan him in this summer.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    League One is hilarious
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    If that had won Pompey the game it would've been one of the funniest moments of the season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
    If I know anything about Penalty Shoot-Outs, Gareth Evans is 100% missing his Pen.
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    What's with all the hair transplant ads :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    If I know anything about Penalty Shoot-Outs, Gareth Evans is 100% missing his Pen.

Fair play.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

U wot m8
  • Farlz
    9567 posts League Winner
    Portsmouth really are never going to get promoted
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    Imagine my shock, get to the play offs, 6 major decisions for the ref to make across the 2 legs and 5 go in Oxfords favour
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time
    They better go batter Wycombe because those lot shouldn’t even be in the play offs, absolute disgrace if them and Rotherham both get promoted when both don’t deserve ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anything
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    Congrats @iHilarious.

Unlucky @Hicksy2011. Hopefully you can retain most of your squad and get up next season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    BristolMDF wrote: »

U wot m8

I'll always remember Italy bringing on Zaza to take a Pen at the last Euros and his abomination of a Pen.
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    Get rid of Jackett too, this league was absolutely there for the taking this year and he did a terrible job
    All those games at the start of the year with terrible team selection have cost us
    Being 3-1 up at home against 9 men Coventry and going to 5 at the back for no reason so we drew actually cost us hugely in the end
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Imagine my shock, get to the play offs, 6 major decisions for the ref to make across the 2 legs and 5 go in Oxfords favour
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time
    They better go batter Wycombe because those lot shouldn’t even be in the play offs, absolute disgrace if them and Rotherham both get promoted when both don’t deserve ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anything

Why did Rotherham not deserve to get promoted? They were clearly second
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time

They weren’t
    They weren’t that good
    Posh and Oxford were catching them at a rate of knots and a lot better sides imo
    Even we were catching them despite being completely distracted by the cups (something we wouldn’t have had for the last 10 games of the season)
    Don’t get me wrong they would likely have been in the play offs but I’d say they probably only had like 20% chance of promotion so being just handed one was pretty bad
    At least Coventry had earnt it
  • iHilarious
    13558 posts Has That Special Something
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time

I mean we could’ve quite easily had that pen and Lee Brown was lobbing his arm about :open_mouth:
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time

I mean we could’ve quite easily had that pen and Lee Brown was lobbing his arm about :open_mouth:

Yeh that was the one that went our way
    Pls win in the final x
    You and Posh are the only teams I was scared of playing against this year, only right that one of you go up
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Absolute scenes if Wycombe bottle this.
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class

This is the sort of thing I was talking about the other day
    Some of these people are genuinely serious
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Don't think anything will top me finding that Fulham fan who genuinely suggested Pochettino.
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    I think if we could manage to convince Ryan Lowe to come to us that would be a fantastic appointment, young and plays some good football
    But I’m not even 100% sure we would be able to get him
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time

Yeh that was the one that went our way
    Pls win in the final x
    You and Posh are the only teams I was scared of playing against this year, only right that one of you go up

Similarly for us with both of yous, that's why we were going on like it was a cup final after we beat you in the last game :D
    You're right about Jackett though that squad should have been in the top 2 even with those cup games. You don't need a world beater in charge to get it right, but a lot of the experienced managers are seeing how easy it can be to get it wrong in this league.
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time

What are you guys smoking in south yorkshire, y'all as bad as each other