93 dembele or 96 Messi?

RemyS
913 posts Semi-Pro
I need a player to complete my front 3, currently for FB Griezmann as a false 9 paired with tots Benzema .

Dembele would obviously fit (even if I am not sure his best position is really CAM or striker), but he is very expensive for an untradable , even if I can easily afford . Is he worth it ?

I had FB Hazard didn’t love him. For the same price I can get a tradable Messi 96 (or 95 Maradona that I already got but don’t love ) or some icons .

Should I really put 1M into an untradable Dembele ?

Comments

• ironawin1
    1213 posts Professional
    I used TOTS Messi and i would choose Dembele any day any hour any minute. Currently my new favorite card in fifa 20, it was HL Neymar but easily taken by Dembele
  • barryw
    2440 posts National Call-Up
    I would say you shouldn't do Dembele If you don't have any SBC fodder to use.
    Too expensive otherwise
  • ironawin1
    1213 posts Professional
    barryw wrote: »
    Too expensive otherwise

His price is high, but not expensive for what he offers. i might say he is underpriced. he plays better than 2 million plus players. come on now
  • barryw
    2440 posts National Call-Up
    ironawin1 wrote: »
    barryw wrote: »
    Too expensive otherwise

His price is high, but not expensive for what he offers. i might say he is underpriced. he plays better than 2 million plus players. come on now

Yeah I know but he's untradeable and costs 1M without fodder. If you don't like him it's 1M wasted.
  • Joe_the_chef22
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dembele is a beast I have 96 rw messi dembele is better use him as striker with tots benz as false 9 and tots fakir at cam and st lw prime dino :) happy with attack
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    96 Messi lol....

A tradeable player is cheaper on the market than a untradeable SBC player, it tells you something... At least you should compare TOTY Messi with Dembele, and imo Messi better at CAM, Dembele better at ST.
  • nicela
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    do the objectives, get the fut champs reds, do the wednesday objectives if we get any and the friday objectives. with 90,91,92 94,85,87,89,92,93 and whatever extra you get next friday and from champs you should be able to complete him for free. he is cheap asf
  • Professor
    3423 posts National Call-Up
    Benched 99 Tots Messi for Dembele. Preferring Dembele so far as well. Feels very similar to my FB Mbappe minus the strength.
  • RemyS
    913 posts Semi-Pro
    nicela wrote: »
    do the objectives, get the fut champs reds, do the wednesday objectives if we get any and the friday objectives. with 90,91,92 94,85,87,89,92,93 and whatever extra you get next friday and from champs you should be able to complete him for free. he is cheap asf

I don't care about paying 1M (well, I do a bit, but I still have like 3 or 4M), but there is no way I would be able to play nearly enough to do half of this :) I'll try to get Mbabu because I want him in my team, but I'm not even sure i'll be able to play enough games.

I was comparing Dembele to Messi (or Maradona and a few other players), because of the similar "price" also. I'm not going to buy toty messi anyway.

Thanks for all your answers however :)
  • Rendevous_star
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    For what it’s worth I had tots Messi and 96 shape shifter Messi. The tots is unreal and better than Dembele. The shape shifter was nowhere near as good and I would say dembele is better.

Tots Messi
    Dembele
    96 Messi
  • Koning Spijker
    3785 posts National Call-Up

Well, he ain't cheap asf. Firmino is cheap asf.
    Although I did it with untradables, it cost me TOTS Rashford, TOTS J Henderson, TOTS Mahrez, POTM Messi, POTM Neymar, TOTS Di Maria, TOTS Verratti, Kubo, Kessie, 3 Bruno's and 3 Mendy's
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional

Well, he ain't cheap asf. Firmino is cheap asf.
    Although I did it with untradables, it cost me TOTS Rashford, TOTS J Henderson, TOTS Mahrez, POTM Messi, POTM Neymar, TOTS Di Maria, TOTS Verratti, Kubo, Kessie, 3 Bruno's and 3 Mendy's

Lol.
    The total of all those cards comes to what.
    Think you overpaid mate 🤣
  • Lackosweat
    9188 posts League Winner
    The 85-92 upgrade definitely makes Dembele affordable !
  • Gameof2halfs
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 2020
    SS Messi by far out performs Dembele in my team as does SH Vini. I am playing Dembele LCAM with marksman chem style. What is the best chem style and position for Dembele to get the most out of him?

• URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    SS Messi by far out performs Dembele in my team as does SH Vini. I am playing Dembele LCAM with marksman chem style. What is the best chem style and position for Dembele to get the most out of him?

Thank god you play Dembele out wide. I wish all my opponents waste him out wide... :p
  • NinthFall
    2563 posts National Call-Up
    Messi is still the best dribbler I've used. The ball sticks to him no matter what. It's the base card stats and unique characteristics that make him different