Is FIFA 18/19/20 the worst game ever made?

Comments

• CovLee_Candice
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    18>19>20

20 is the worst no enjoyment at all. 18 is good because no stupid abuse gameplay. Maybe driven shoot but you need in good position to finish it.

19 is where the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ begin. First time finesse shoot, la corqueta, el tornado cross, move the GK which I think is pretty fair so you should choose to shoot near post or far post.

In 19 I rarely face against people that use that broken mechanic abuse usually only 1 in 7-8 match.

We can still score using header, that make wing play alive.

In 20 the broken mechanic abuse are dragback, ballroll, backpass.

I find these kind of player almost every game with player relegate themselves in div 5-8 to complete icon swap.

Header is death so no point of play through the wing

I smash my fifa 20 blueray because of this. Never happened in other fifa
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    It goes like this:
    19 - Utter garbage, timed finishing, croqueta, tornado bollocks, etc..
    20- Utter garbage gameplay, awful servers, and delay. 4231 same pathetic playstyle.
    18- It was better than the other two.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Emrah wrote: »
    I thought Fifa 18 was the worst in the series and deleted my nearly full prime icon team,then skipped 19.

But after i playing Fifa 20 (bought on sale 2 months ago) i think Fifa 18 was a masterpiece near Fifa 20.

18 did improve over time and the World Cup mode was, at least from memory, quite playable.

The world cup mode was great, gameplay felt different. Ultimate Team was awful though, Fifa 18 is one of my most disliked Fifa games. I liked Fifa 19 up until they patched the timed finesse shots, then the game turned into cross spam. Fifa 20 was great at launch, but the fun got patched out of the game within a week or so. Fifa 20 has been an inconsistent mess that got progressively worse with each new patch/update.

I agree, the world cup mode was good.

I think 18 went through a lot of changes (like each years game) and at times was decent and at other times was terrible.
  • NornIron
    15504 posts World Class
    edited May 2020
    Hard to say, depends on what gameplay you get, when fifa 20 works like it should I can't see what people complain about.
    But its only work as it should about 2% of the time.
    I would play fifa 09 if it meant I had control of my players.
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    Is this wreck of a game the worst ever [top-tier franchise] made or is/are there another/others?
    It's weird, I've never seen any "worst game ever"-list that included any FIFA. It's almost like the people that keep whining about "OMG WORST FIFA + GAME EVER!!!" don't actually have a clue about games...
  • Crassus60
    62 posts Park Captain
    I think the last time I bought fifa in the first week or release was 12. Since then I've owned 13, 16 and 18 but usually get second hand when I'm bored in February or March. I got Fifa 20 at the start of March and it's done a good job seeing me through lockdown and being at home a lot. If life is back to normal though in September I won't be buying the next one. No chance.

I have better things to be doing in life than cramming 30 games in on a weekend and falling out with the missus (I can do that without FIFA) because I've lost and been shushed by some 12 year old after each skill-move goal.

Might get PES actually. If you can get past the lack of licensing which you can edit then it's a better pure football game.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Is this wreck of a game the worst ever [top-tier franchise] made or is/are there another/others?
    It's weird, I've never seen any "worst game ever"-list that included any FIFA. It's almost like the people that keep whining about "OMG WORST FIFA + GAME EVER!!!" don't actually have a clue about games...

One the worst user scores I have ever seen on a game, that's from people who bought the game. :D Even all the paid reviews couldn't get this trash game over a 79 average.

Smart-Select-20200527-141200-Chrome.jpg
  • Finesse_4days
    17834 posts World Class

One the worst user scores I have ever seen on a game, that's from people who bought the game. :D Even all the paid reviews couldn't get this trash game over a 79 average.

Smart-Select-20200527-141200-Chrome.jpg

Fifa 20 is a heap of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ thats no suprise, last year was bad but since Tots has started the gameplay has gone from bad to absoluetly unbearable. Disgusting how bad this game is atm.
  • BuZuS
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Even all the paid reviews couldn't get this trash game over a 79 average.
    Not a single post without tinfoil hat nonsense, such a shame.
  • Retro_G
    Even all the paid reviews couldn't get this trash game over a 79 average.
    Not a single post without tinfoil hat nonsense, such a shame.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/atiifa/youtuber_paid_by_ea_to_review_anthem_claims_he/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
  • ZHCN1899
    20 posts Ball Boy
    19 is by far the worst.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Luckily for me, I don't care what others think of a game.

I make my own mind up.

Offline, i.e not directly facing human players in frustrating lag filled games, I think Fifa 20 is very playable and enjoyable.

Yes, if you sit there playing 300 games a week of course you'll get fed up quickly.

I see people who have played over 1500 games and I'm not surprised the novelty has worn off.

I will usually play a couple of games of an evening, maybe a few more at the weekend, and a few more on top of that with family in friendly matches.

That's enough for me.

If the game was more refined, and the pack rewards not so pathetic, I might well devote more time like I did in 17 and 18.
  • graff
    85 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've been playing fifa since its first game on the mega drive and I must admit these last 3 have been so unenjoyable .
    It's funny because if you ever want to play a fun attacking game of football track down the first fifa they made.
  • AdagioMalique
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Garbage for all..EA just want money..
  • tommyboyo
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2020
    Some ok bits, brought down by the god awful servers and ropey gameplay at times.

Having said that, it's not the worst game ever made.

Also, pretty much every forum community seem to hate the game they play!

Big F1 fan and everyone on the codemasters fourm kills that title and company in exactly the same manner, shambles, worst game ever, license should be taken away etc, etc...

Post edited by tommyboyo on
  • Malg
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA 20 by far, just broken in so many ways.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    19 was the worst.
  • Retro_G
    19 was the worst.

I still preferred 19 over this, loved that game until they patched the timed finishing. At least I got a few months of good gameplay. Game was awful when the crossing meta started.
  • Jovand1988
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa 19 is the worst Fifa game ever. But most Fifa games since 11 12 have had some issues that make it a bad to average game.
  • AaronMFC
    2660 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only played about 100 games on ut on 19 i vaguely remember enjoying 18. I gave up on this quite quickly as well but due to lockdown have played a lot of matches and even though its annoying its nowhere near as bad an experience as 19. If lockdown had came and that was the most recent id have probably played it a bit and never bought another fifa.
  • Hi all i need Cr7 99 and toty ramos 97 on FIFA 18 ps4