Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Kellnerr
    3807 posts National Call-Up
    Thiago probably still has 4-5 more years of world class in him. Replacing Wijnaldum with him for a net spent of like 15-20M would be great business (if we sold Gini).
  • Wyojasond
    14884 posts Has That Special Something
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Thiago probably still has 4-5 more years of world class in him. Replacing Wijnaldum with him for a net spent of like 15-20M would be great business (if we sold Gini).

There are some rumors this morning that Gini could be part of a swap deal 🤷‍♂️
  • Pietu
    7223 posts Big Money Move

I like Gini, he is quality! One of my favourite Gini moments is from that Barca game where he was surrounded by Barca players and miraculously kept the ball, he is just so press resistant. That being said, I would be willing to involve him in a deal with Thiago. Anyone know how good Thiago is under press?
  • Kellnerr
    3807 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »

I like Gini, he is quality! One of my favourite Gini moments is from that Barca game where he was surrounded by Barca players and miraculously kept the ball, he is just so press resistant. That being said, I would be willing to involve him in a deal with Thiago. Anyone know how good Thiago is under press?

Thiago is one of the most press resistant players out there :sweat_smile:
  • LFC Simon 98
    19992 posts Club Captain
    Rumour has it Thiago does elasticos in his sleep
  • Pietu

Thiago is one of the most press resistant players out there :sweat_smile:

Sweet! I'm sold!
  • Pxul_
    9686 posts League Winner
    Rumour has it Thiago does elasticos in his sleep

I’ve heard this too, he can also sombrero flick blindfolded
  • Ahmer50x
    24898 posts Club Captain
  • Snugglebites
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    AC Milan Baros is retiring. I think he's the last player left from Istanbul.
  • Wyojasond
    Some more unreliable sources are saying that a 30m +5m bonus offer has been made.

• Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Thiago arriving would be the end for Naby I guess.
  • Wyojasond
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Thiago arriving would be the end for Naby I guess.

For me it points more towards Gini leaving. Keita is still pretty young compared to most of the midfield so I think he’ll get a bit more time. One more long injury though and I’ll get on board with him heading out.
  • Wyojasond
    Thiago deal looking like it could be done by next week. 35m seems to be the price.
  • Ahmer50x
    24898 posts Club Captain
    Thiago deal looking like it could be done by next week. 35m seems to be the price.

Mind boggling you go for him at that price but not Werner for a little more
  • Argie8
    6308 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

strange to me too but i assume Thiago would be a guaranteed starter whereas Werner would have been in and out of the team? only thing that makes sense to me
  • Pietu

Thiago is absolute class, a level above Werner for me
  • G000ner
    5054 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 4
    Doesn't make sense at all why you backed out of Werner. Nor does it make sense that you're running low on funds considering you spent nothing last summer and your revenue is huge. Thiago would be a great signing though, would do wonders to your midfield
  • Pietu
    G000ner wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense at all why you backed out of Werner. Nor does it make sense that you're running low on funds considering you spent nothing last summer and your revenue is huge. Thiago would be a great signing though, would do wonders to your midfield

I think it’s because of 2 things, apparently FSG lost a lot of money in baseball and we have made improvements on our facilities and off the pitch stuff. I think it was @Wyojasond some time ago who explained where a lot of our money has gone.
  • wth22
    11473 posts Has That Special Something
    Werner would be a 7-8 year signing, Thiago 2-3 years at best though
  • Pietu
    wth22 wrote: »

2-3 at best? Players don’t suddenly lose all of their abilities when they turn 30, this isn't Fifa. I'm thinking more like 4 years personally
  • Ahmer50x
    24898 posts Club Captain
    Am I the only one who winces when I look at Thiago’s injury history?
  • Pietu

When was his last bad injury though?
  • Littleland95
    17803 posts Moderator
    I saw United has entered the Thiago race now (doubt Liverpool will sign him though and it's all talk by agent to get Thiago something more salary wise).
  • Ahmer50x
    24898 posts Club Captain
    I saw United has entered the Thiago race now (doubt Liverpool will sign him though and it's all talk by agent to get Thiago something more salary wise).

Can't see us going anywhere near him personally.

Just the last 3 seasons:
    neMEDd2.png
  • Pietu

Can't see us going anywhere near him personally.

Just the last 3 seasons:
    neMEDd2.png

A lot of smaller injuries, still would want him even if there is a risk of him getting injured.
  • wth22
    11473 posts Has That Special Something

2-3 at best? Players don’t suddenly lose all of their abilities when they turn 30, this isn't Fifa. I'm thinking more like 4 years personally
    He's 29, 2-3 at a top level. Some players do lose all their ability at 30. Alexis for instance.

I don't expect Thiago (or anyone , ever) to that have that kind of decline but I wouldn't expect him to have more than 2 or 3 years at a top level.

Same kind of signing people would be giving someone like Jose stick for.
  • Pietu

He's 29, 2-3 at a top level. Some players do lose all their ability at 30. Alexis for instance.

I don't expect Thiago (or anyone , ever) to that have that kind of decline but I wouldn't expect him to have more than 2 or 3 years at a top level.

Same kind of signing people would be giving someone like Jose stick for.

But he wouldn’t be expensive, reportedly about 35 mil. That's a good deal for him and would be an upgrade for our midfield.