Thought I'd Play WL

TW1103
3079 posts National Call-Up
Had a free weekend, and the points to qualify, so thought I may as well.

No point. Every team is PIM Icons or 99 rated players or something ridiculous.

I think, aside from Objectives (all of which I've finished), this game is completely extinct. Rivals is a sweatfest , SBs are boring, WL is for try hards.

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Personally 30 games in 3 days is too much
    20 ,n i'll play every single regardless of opposition
  • Jonboyparker
    6410 posts Big Money Move

The point of WL is to make it hard. I can’t get 30 games in either and it’s sucks. I wish there was more time but I kind of get why it’s like that. This is the most competitive mode of Fifa and EA have always stated they are an esport even though some of us disagree it’s good enough.

I think it’s set like at 30 over 3 days to warrant it being an esport. It’s like a filter. EA has never said we need to play every game but they need to make it hard enough to separate the bad, average, good and great players.

In fact, I believe the majority of us are there just to make up numbers and be opponents for the best. Then we get to fight it out at our levels. That’s why rewards are so random. They need to entice us in. They need to find out who can hack 30 games and win consistently but they need player to participate.
  • abhreebhu_45

The point of WL is to make it hard. I can’t get 30 games in either and it’s sucks. I wish there was more time but I kind of get why it’s like that. This is the most competitive mode of Fifa and EA have always stated they are an esport even though some of us disagree it’s good enough.

I think it’s set like at 30 over 3 days to warrant it being an esport. It’s like a filter. EA has never said we need to play every game but they need to make it hard enough to separate the bad, average, good and great players.

In fact, I believe the majority of us are there just to make up numbers and be opponents for the best. Then we get to fight it out at our levels. That’s why rewards are so random. They need to entice us in. They need to find out who can hack 30 games and win consistently but they need player to participate.

Is it even good for health?
    10 games/day,means atleast 3.5 hrs of match/day,,not counting the random disconnects

Competitive should b in terms of match quality ,not quantity,, it's a game after all

All imo
  • TW1103
    3079 posts National Call-Up

10 games/day,means atleast 3.5 hrs of match/day,,not counting the random disconnects

Competitive should b in terms of match quality ,not quantity,, it's a game after all

All imo

Definitely not healthy. I'm only doing it this weekend because I've got a couple of days where all I've got to do is go get a haircut tomorrow afternoon, so I just thought I'd play some games while I have the football on
  • MrMTFC
    843 posts Semi-Pro

Agree, I would only still do it when I could be bothered though as most of the time the rewards aren't worth it.

Should be quality over quantity
  • JWNYsg
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did Pope and Mbabu. Still short of 1k XP for storyline Draxler

Played 5 games on WL. Lost 4 so far. Be surprised if I can still get 11 wins
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up

All imo

It's not so bad once you accept your level. I know I'm a G3 player at best now without trying. I can cruise through WL and get 14 wins.

I could put that bit more effort in to reach G2 but that would take some effort and then I'd start getting annoyed at losses.
  • abhreebhu_45

All imo

It's not so bad once you accept your level. I know I'm a G3 player at best now without trying. I can cruise through WL and get 14 wins.

I could put that bit more effort in to reach G2 but that would take some effort and then I'd start getting annoyed at losses.

Don't tell me it takes u less than 20 games for those wins,,, if yes, you are a better player
  • Jonboyparker
    edited July 4

All imo

No it is not good for health. I’m a true advocate of gaming in moderation. Yes I get why EA set it to 30 in 3 days but I don’t agree with it in a gaming sense.

The way Fifa is designed is to encourage you to play everyday. That’s mad right... playing a computer game every day. And not just 1 or 2 games either... we’re taking hours if you want to unlock all the content. Crazy. I dont agree with that either. One big issue is people are obsessed with ‘the grind’. It’s a choice I know but it’s the FOMO that gets you. Once you chose not to do it, you won’t get it back. Since when were games meant to be a grind. Donkey Kong was never a grind. You can log on to COD when ever you like and not miss out. Fifa needs content everyday or people get mad. That’s not healthy.

WL is not healthy to the average person. Children shouldn’t be playing 4-5 hours a day and Adult should have a life. If gaming is all they do in spare time, something has gone wrong. But people do and why, becuse maybe that next win rank gets you a better card? You’ll never know if you don’t play.

But I will never tell someone they are wrong for feeling a certain way or doing what that want. I just think it’s mad that a game can take up so much of someone time consistently. Not occasionally... everyday.
  • kraid
    5361 posts Big Money Move
    You don’t have to play 30 games in the wl. Many people stop at a level below the one their capable of. Also a lot of games will finish before you hit 90 minutes, especially if you’re playing Sunday night. It doesn’t take anywhere near as long as people quote to get through these games.
  • starfox1284
    2560 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 4
    No idea why people worth 25m coins are even playing wl....alas they are, playing their 4231 meta whorish ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Jonboyparker
    No idea why people worth 25m coins are even playing wl....alas they are, playing their 4231 meta whorish ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Red bragging rights 😂
  • Gazmac_868
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA have turned ultimate team into the worst kind of rat race
  • TH14228
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special

No it is not good for health. I’m a true advocate of gaming in moderation. Yes I get why EA set it to 30 in 3 days but I don’t agree with it in a gaming sense.

The way Fifa is designed is to encourage you to play everyday. That’s mad right... playing a computer game every day. And not just 1 or 2 games either... we’re taking hours if you want to unlock all the content. Crazy. I dont agree with that either. One big issue is people are obsessed with ‘the grind’. It’s a choice I know but it’s the FOMO that gets you. Once you chose not to do it, you won’t get it back. Since when were games meant to be a grind. Donkey Kong was never a grind. You can log on to COD when ever you like and not miss out. Fifa needs content everyday or people get mad. That’s not healthy.

WL is not healthy to the average person. Children shouldn’t be playing 4-5 hours a day and Adult should have a life. If gaming is all they do in spare time, something has gone wrong. But people do and why, becuse maybe that next win rank gets you a better card? You’ll never know if you don’t play.

But I will never tell someone they are wrong for feeling a certain way or doing what that want. I just think it’s mad that a game can take up so much of someone time consistently. Not occasionally... everyday.

I agree with everything you’ve said.
    Especially the new content part; this happened yesterday when some people flipped because new content was delayed

Granted EA should have communicated this to customers, but then, it is EA.

• Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up

All imo

Don't tell me it takes u less than 20 games for those wins,,, if yes, you are a better player

Nah it normally takes me about 26 😂 I used to go 2 for 1 regularly but now I'm a 1 for 1 player.