Honest question - Fifa Points

Rossco160715
2627 posts Fans' Favourite
edited July 3
Would you purchase Fifa Points if EA had gave us a decent game with regular communication and feedback?

It makes me wonder if lootvox complaints would be as high if EA had bothered remotely with the gameplay aspect of Fifa as opposed to their complete focus on all things profit.

Comments

• Destin8or
    1376 posts Professional
    I'd pay a subscription service, given that it might be heading this way soon.
    But they would need to work for it.
  • tommyh10
    880 posts Professional
    edited July 3
    No. I would never buy fifa points even if the gameplay was faultless. I spent some time this year actually learning how to trade. Its fun, interesting and gaurantees top tier players.

The only gaurantee with fifa points is regret
  • TW1103
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    Depends on whether they worked on the feedback and increased the pack weight. I spent a total of £20 on FP this year, on black Friday. I never even got a board from that £20. Madness.
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    No. I will never pay real money for virtual items in a full-priced game.
  • DutyHarry
    6018 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 3
    I never did, because grinding the game for your team is more rewarding, no point for me purchasing points, I pay for the game already.
    So I don't think I would even if it was more advertised, not the way I play games.
  • Jonboyparker
    6411 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 3
    No. A 1 year game should not cost more than the purchase price.

Do what you want. It doesn’t effect me. But think about it... it’s a 1 year game. It’s not an investment 😂

Challange yourself. You bought this game to play. You’re basically paying for it to play itself. You can start again next year if you fail
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6445 posts Big Money Move
    I have purchased FIFA points but I won't do anymore. The returns are minimal, I could make more doing bpm than you could from 500 quid in FIFA points, it's madness
  • oldboiler
    3121 posts National Call-Up
    I wouldn’t pay for FP ever

I’d pay for a subscription service but not until there is feedback from players, not content creators, that the gameplay and servers have improved beyond recognition
  • SuperKMx
    2547 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would you purchase Fifa Points if EA had gave us a decent game with regular communication and feedback?

It makes me wonder if lootvox complaints would be as high if EA had bothered remotely with the gameplay aspect of Fifa as opposed to their complete focus on all things profit.

I have in the past, but I certainly wouldn't again. I'd pay a subscription though, as long as it was worthwhile.

I think complaints over lootboxes would be higher then they are now if EA fixed the gameplay. It sounds dumb, but with "fixed" gameplay, worse players would get worse results. The worse player in a match between two people would very, VERY rarely come out on top. Unless there was a very, very significant difference in the quality of the players on the pitch, that is. As in, silvers vs golds, or TOTS/TOTY/Icons versus non-rare golds.

That would lead those worse players right back to the purchase screen as they would only have their skill or their players to blame for their losses. They wouldn't have "the game is broken" or "the game let my opponent win" or "he was auto-defending so I was never going to win" to fall back on, and 99.9999% of them aren't going to blame their own level of ability. So the only thing left would be the players.

This place would be full of posts such as "TOTS De Bruyne feels cLuNkY to me...can't get him to work."

Well, it is anyway, but the volume would be turned way up.
  • MrMTFC
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    No. Think it would be better if something like this was a choice. Objective players could stay the same as they are now but instead of buying points for packs, just make it a straight purchase of the player if you don't want to or can't do the challanges.

Something reasonable for them so nothing stupid like 20 quid for one as we could imagine them doing. This was it would give people the knowledge of what they are spending their money on and know they will at least get some value for money
  • Jonboyparker
    oldboiler wrote: »
    I wouldn’t pay for FP ever

I’d pay for a subscription service but not until there is feedback from players, not content creators, that the gameplay and servers have improved beyond recognition

I’m not a subscription advocate Personally.m but I can see why people want it. That’s the unfortunate world we live in. I only buy the game and that’s it. It’s 1 football season to me and then I start the next.

If the game turned to a subscription model I would only consider it if there was a radical overhaul on gameplay to keep me buying it. Atm I pay £60 a year so I can just about put up with the rubbish because I trade and build teams to stay engaged. No way I’d keep paying if I was charged monthly/quarterly or what ever it would be.

I’m not against the idea but there would need to be a massive change for me to consider it. I’d have to take a year off to see what reviews are like and then I’d want to make sure it was still playable without add ons and that I could access every player I want like I do now without any extra cost. It’s a lot to ask but games are designed to be played, not invested in.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6445 posts Big Money Move
    MrMTFC wrote: »
    No. Think it would be better if something like this was a choice. Objective players could stay the same as they are now but instead of buying points for packs, just make it a straight purchase of the player if you don't want to or can't do the challanges.

Something reasonable for them so nothing stupid like 20 quid for one as we could imagine them doing. This was it would give people the knowledge of what they are spending their money on and know they will at least get some value for money

It would be alot more than 20 quid for a player imo
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    I wouldn't pay for loot boxes but would happily pay for a season pass or subscription if I knew exactly what I'm getting and if gameplay was upto scratch.
  • Jonboyparker
    MrMTFC wrote: »

It would be alot more than 20 quid for a player imo

That just highlights the issue. Paying more for a player is ludicrous in a 1 year game. We expect player prices to be more because of the massive amount of cash it costs to even try to pack one. That’s crazy
  • Seandimes
    2998 posts National Call-Up
    No. I m not against lootboxes on principle, but the return you get for your money in FIFA makes it just not worth it to spend anything.
    100€ gets you about 100k in coins usually, thats doesnt even buy you one good players, let alone a good team.

If the gameplay and communication were acceptable, AND the return you get for your money was worth it, I d have no problem spending money on packs.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Seandimes wrote: »
    No. I m not against lootboxes on principle, but the return you get for your money in FIFA makes it just not worth it to spend anything.
    100€ gets you about 100k in coins usually, thats doesnt even buy you one good players, let alone a good team.

If the gameplay and communication were acceptable, AND the return you get for your money was worth it, I d have no problem spending money on packs.

Wouldn't matter how good pack weight is, loot boxes are still gambling for kids and could lead to them having addictions in later life. That's what I'm against.
  • Seandimes

Wouldn't matter how good pack weight is, loot boxes are still gambling for kids and could lead to them having addictions in later life. That's what I'm against.

That might be true, but wasnt really OP's question. IF lootboxes are in the game, and I think the return for my money is worth it, I would spend more than I do now (which has been 0€, at least for the last couple of years).

As for the whole question if lootboxes can lead to gambling addiction in children, I havent read any study yet that proves that conclusively, so I dont really have an informed opinion on that. Personally I dont think its necessarily the case, but I wouldnt be surprised if future studies show that there is indeed a connection.
  • GULAG
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If EA weren't such conning lazy manipulating ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and showed some love for there customers and treated us right they would still have me in there pocket spending £20+ near every week on Fifa points like I did from 2012-2013/14 ... not anymore and I know countless friends that have done the same ... they used to spent alot more than me aswell maybe 5-10k each year but now they won't play again becuse of how they was treated over the course of many years .... ea ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up if they just looked after there customers, shared information and communicated they would prob double their income and be the best but they can't becuse it's all a con unfair manipulating scam or whatever you want to call it and so they do what they are doing now 👍 Company is a disease taking our love for football and games and ripping us off ... players leave but there always new players as it football best game in the world .. I type this quick becuse stop caring 6 years ago and now I don't let any of it bother me of affect me and waste my time I buy base game for £20-30 every September and don't spenny a penny after.

Once you see the truth with fut you will be like this or not touch the game at all.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

That might be true, but wasnt really OP's question. IF lootboxes are in the game, and I think the return for my money is worth it, I would spend more than I do now (which has been 0€, at least for the last couple of years).

As for the whole question if lootboxes can lead to gambling addiction in children, I havent read any study yet that proves that conclusively, so I dont really have an informed opinion on that. Personally I dont think its necessarily the case, but I wouldnt be surprised if future studies show that there is indeed a connection.

The studies are all out there. All you have to do is google UK loot boxes. The head of the NHS mental health team has said loot boxes are teaching kids to gamble, aswell as many other professionals. The evidence the lords have put forward to the UK government is overwhelming.
  • Gromit
    4840 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa points are out of date. The game has moved on, we're opening dozens of free packs a week through rewards and objectives.

They can't find any logic with pack weights, you can pay £30 and get nothing and you can open a free 2 player pack and pull a 500k+ player.

They should move to subscription if they want to monetise it or just remove points and let us earn packs.
  • Seandimes

The studies are all out there. All you have to do is google UK loot boxes. The head of the NHS mental health team has said loot boxes are teaching kids to gamble, aswell as many other professionals. The evidence the lords have put forward to the UK government is overwhelming.

I read the latest studies I could find. And while all of them say that there is a connection between problem gambling in children and lootboxes, none of them state definitely that lootboxes are a cause of gambling addiction in young adults. To most people thats probably just semantics, but as a psychologist I think its important to make that distinction.

I think lootboxes need to be regulated because it is a form of gambling.
    If they are regulated as such, access to lootboxes for minors would be limited anyways.
    I dont think its wise to build the argument for banning lootboxes on them directly leading to gambling problems in young adults, since that hasnt been proven yet.
    Other than that I think we are on the same page ;)
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

I read the latest studies I could find. And while all of them say that there is a connection between problem gambling in children and lootboxes, none of them state definitely that lootboxes are a cause of gambling addiction in young adults. To most people thats probably just semantics, but as a psychologist I think its important to make that distinction.

I think lootboxes need to be regulated because it is a form of gambling.
    If they are regulated as such, access to lootboxes for minors would be limited anyways.
    I dont think its wise to build the argument for banning lootboxes on them directly leading to gambling problems in young adults, since that hasnt been proven yet.
    Other than that I think we are on the same page ;)

That's my point exactly, they're a form of gambling which teaches kids to gamble. There isn't cases of this leading to addictions as it's simply to early to tell. But teaching kids to gamble can only be harmful to them in later life.

But if you're a psychologist then I'm sure I don't need to tell you that.
  • Seandimes
    Yea agreed
  • Rossco160715
    2627 posts Fans' Favourite
    The concern about regulation is positive parenting.

Kids will easily access Fifa Points via parents. It has to be regulated in a way where this becomes a reduced risk.
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    The concern about regulation is positive parenting.

Kids will easily access Fifa Points via parents. It has to be regulated in a way where this becomes a reduced risk.

They don't need parents to access FPs other than to give them pocket/birthday/Xmas money. You can buy FPs in Game or in any supermarket.
  • DaMMian
    1381 posts Professional
    Now it's too late for talks, ea was a payback.