The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    Se on tulossa kotiin.
    lV5Rtwm.png

x5Qw93x.png

There'll be harder runs to a World Cup Final, but I'm in a World Cup Final with Finland.
    YH4jRML.png

I SWEAR YOU'LL NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN.
    EJVajqE.png

Let's go!!!!

Not really sure what to do now. Whole point of moving to Finland was so I could develop players so I could be competitive at major tournaments. And now I've won one before I'm even in the top division. Guess I just have to aim for a European Trophy at club level.
  • Pietu
    9316 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    Se on tulossa kotiin.
    lV5Rtwm.png

x5Qw93x.png

There'll be harder runs to a World Cup Final, but I'm in a World Cup Final with Finland.
    YH4jRML.png

I SWEAR YOU'LL NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN.
    EJVajqE.png

Let's go!!!!

Not really sure what to do now. Whole point of moving to Finland was so I could develop players so I could be competitive at major tournaments. And now I've won one before I'm even in the top division. Guess I just have to aim for a European Trophy at club level.

You should aim for a second World Cup!
  • Handy Andy
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Bid for John Swift apparently, 3.5m, reckon he’s good enough for Prem @Handy Andy

Yes 100%, would be nice to see him move somewhere where he is appreciated instead of having yer da fans saying he isn't a good player. These people said Norwood was rubbish whilst I defended him and look where he is now.

That being said, that is a laughable offer. Would expect a lot more
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
    Not saying 3.5m isn't a laughable offer, but think it's going to be a while before we actually see what a "good" offer is in this market.

It's why I think there's a chance of us keeping Mitrovic next season when we haven't gone up, because 30m now isn't what 30m was a few months ago.
  • Handy Andy
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    Not saying 3.5m isn't a laughable offer, but think it's going to be a while before we actually see what a "good" offer is in this market.

It's why I think there's a chance of us keeping Mitrovic next season when we haven't gone up, because 30m now isn't what 30m was a few months ago.

he has a while left on his contract, 25yo and English. The prem has been not been damaged anywhere near as much as the EFL has been, considering they have still got the TV revenue thanks to the season finishing (which for a decent amount of clubs in the prem is worth more than fan matchday income). EFL market will be far lower but the premier league, whilst they probably won't be going and spending 30 million on players as standard, can easily afford more than 3.5 million for one of the best champ midfielders
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »

he has a while left on his contract, 25yo and English. The prem has been not been damaged anywhere near as much as the EFL has been, considering they have still got the TV revenue thanks to the season finishing (which for a decent amount of clubs in the prem is worth more than fan matchday income). EFL market will be far lower but the premier league, whilst they probably won't be going and spending 30 million on players as standard, can easily afford more than 3.5 million for one of the best champ midfielders

EFL finances (for teams without Parachute Payments especially) will mean teams might need to sell more urgently rather than hold out, and that might be why they're "testing the water" with a low bid though.

Would expect to see some "lower than expected" bids for players like Antonee Robinson, Eze etc. as well.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Do they show the Championship goals as they go in on SSN for the 3 O'Clocks on Saturday? We've been on TV the last two weekends so I haven't watched.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Bid for John Swift apparently, 3.5m, reckon he’s good enough for Prem @Handy Andy

Yes 100%, would be nice to see him move somewhere where he is appreciated instead of having yer da fans saying he isn't a good player. These people said Norwood was rubbish whilst I defended him and look where he is now.

That being said, that is a laughable offer. Would expect a lot more

Good to hear, I think we are trying to take advantage of the fact that teams in the championship are gonna be more desperate for money than usual
  • AaronMFC
    2231 posts Fans' Favourite
    We deserve to be relegated for that game alone
  • They Caged Non
    6492 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Very poor mate.
  • AaronMFC
    2231 posts Fans' Favourite

Very poor mate.

You just knew that late winner was coming they didnt even try and attack throughout the game and still scored twice.
  • They Caged Non

Very poor mate.

You just knew that late winner was coming they didnt even try and attack throughout the game and still scored twice.

Yeah and we scored a grand total of 0 outfield goals.. ended up taking potshots
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    If only Spurs had someone on their 9 Man Bench who knows how to score 3 Goals at Bramall Lane.
  • iHilarious
    13558 posts Has That Special Something
    Viva the Blades
  • Lard_Lad
    That was the pre lockdown United, brilliant performance, Berge looks like he’s going to be a huge player for us, Mcburnie was excellent. But best player for was Ben Osborn, ran his socks off and battled all game another signing that people laughed at. Wilder knows what he’s doing.
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    Nice 3-1 for the EFL select XI
    Champions league pls
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Thought this site was particularly interesting.
    10ed0a6dec6a936f6633919773a9ce62.png
    2100fa575046a5c8f5f37fb20ff720de.png
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wilder knows what he’s doing.

Must be nice.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Must be nice.
  • Lard_Lad

Must be nice.

We went through a hell of a lot of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ before finding Wilder.
  • They Caged Non
    Liverpool really are making this the worst league title in history, complete non event :D
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

Must be nice.

It's funny I remember playing you in the Cups a couple of times and you didn't look that bad. Although the two FA Cup games we were genuinely tragic.

From memory we beat you 3-0 in the Carling Cup when you had Adkins but you had someone sent off for a ridiculous tackle.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Watched the Hull/Boro game tonight, interesting to see Assombalonga's career has gone off a cliff. He's played almost twice the games for Boro and has more or less the same goal return.

Don't know if it's Boro this year or his form but 6 goals in 19 games is a really poor return by his standards.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Couldn't resist. When Big Wilbs comes knocking you don't turn him away.,

5a2fffbbe7e1c47eb306e6f9fe4e1d00.png
  • Lard_Lad

Must be nice.

It's funny I remember playing you in the Cups a couple of times and you didn't look that bad. Although the two FA Cup games we were genuinely tragic.

From memory we beat you 3-0 in the Carling Cup when you had Adkins but you had someone sent off for a ridiculous tackle.

Under Clough we were decent and had some great memories with the two cup semi finals in the same season.

But we’ve had before Wilder:
    - Adkins
    - Kevin Blackwell
    - Micky Adams
    - David Wier

It took a long time to find our gem and now he’s never going anywhere.
  • Lard_Lad
    Really glad for Mcburnie and Berge last couple of games they have been excellent and shown the talent they have. Got a fair bit of stick this season due to their price tag but can definitely see them being the future of the club. Reckon Berge could be a huge player in the future.
  • They Caged Non
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Watched the Hull/Boro game tonight, interesting to see Assombalonga's career has gone off a cliff. He's played almost twice the games for Boro and has more or less the same goal return.

Don't know if it's Boro this year or his form but 6 goals in 19 games is a really poor return by his standards.

We are just terrible, he doesnt help himself but the quality of delivery he gets is shocking.
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    Play offs tonight then
    Dreading it
    Dreading it slightly less than I normally would because I’m guessing this nice tippy tappy football that Oxford like to play is going to be hampered quite badly by not having played any games
    Just as long as the team that gets promoted is from our semi, the other two can ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    Did we used to have a Northampton fan on here?