how y’all feel about the upcoming FIFA 21? Are y’all retiring lol

Mmjnnnn
111 posts Sunday League Hero
let me know something mates

Comments

• Grahammbe2
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Think I will not be rushing out to buy if at all.
  • Dragon0102
    438 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Frostbite (delayed input and animations) & Different games on Old and new console (I don’t intend to buy the new console version right away) so no thanks.

Likely will only get the discounted version in holidays for RTG account to have fun for a few months building my team (not playing WL)

Only because I watch footie every weekend so by holiday season I will be itching to play a game of footie.

• Mr Masenko
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Neal1982 wrote: »
    Unless something drastic happens, I wont be, I have gotten worst at the game as I have got older, the game has drifted away from football to more mechanics abuse, the utter try hardedness and dial up game play is a turn off and my signal to leave.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Not had a single moment of "fun" this year, it's just a constant grind against game mechanics abuse.
  • Neal1982
    1029 posts Professional
    Mr Masenko wrote: »
    Neal1982 wrote: »
    Unless something drastic happens, I wont be, I have gotten worst at the game as I have got older, the game has drifted away from football to more mechanics abuse, the utter try hardedness and dial up game play is a turn off and my signal to leave.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Not had a single moment of "fun" this year, it's just a constant grind against game mechanics abuse.

My best moment of fun I can recall is beating some sshing noob after being 3-0 down and him missing two penalties. Scoring a beyond stoppage time winner to win 4-3. Still brings a smile to my face.

I would do another year if he game play was true and fair and not weighed to poor connection and constant pressure abusers. Why should someone with 360 megs be panalised cause little Timmy is hotspotting off his mobile!
  • Mmandras
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    Eh... might give it another go, after all it's a next gen engine.
  • Ballist1x
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    Retired
  • Burchy
    1161 posts Professional
    I shall retire... but if something happens with the gambling/fifa points that is being introduced in the uk then I may stick around.

I personally would rather buy the players I want.
  • MorisNoWorries
    88 posts Park Captain
    I’m out too.

Will wait for initial reviews and if game is any good might give a try few months after release- once EA patch it 10 times.

No point stressing out on missing on WL rewards and improving your team when it really comes down to input delay and abusing broken tactics.

This mode should be called ultimate connection rather than ultimate team.
  • Retro1989
    5257 posts Big Money Move
    Next WoW expansion will be out 2 months after Fifa 21 so all my time is going into that so won't be buying it.
  • Hoopsterz
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    If they have some use for silver and bronze cards outside of upgrade SBC's i might consider it..

Sick of the last 2 years being the same 30 players used because they are the meta and no-where you can play where these 'meta' teams can't
  • Dinks
    61 posts Park Captain
    Remember to list your players minimum bid before you go boys and girls
  • ComptonLAX94
    2808 posts Fans' Favourite
    Free copy so I'm in. :DDruAsDr.jpg
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    I'll be getting it as always. I cant lie, as frustrating the game is it goes give me plenty of enjoyment over the course of a year... it is just annoying that it always feels it could be so much better.

I'm hoping they fix some stuff, I'm hoping they stop ripping us off, I'm hoping next gen is good.

Other than that I'll likely have to make do with the same as this year only with a fresh start, I have different plans...

1. Where possible everything will remain tradeable, to often this year I've been fleeced by untradeables.

2. I'm going to stop focussing on 1 main squad with the best possible players and make 1 team for each big league and constantly upgrade all with free objective cards and packed cards.

3. Trade more consistently and only go for "end game" icon swaps, to often this year I got impatient and took bad cards that were soon useless.

4. Same as this year, zero FP... my first time this year and I've felt so much happier about the game even though in the long run I messed it up and ended up with zero coin and a load of untradeables.

I'm looking forward to the new installment... fingers crossed they do some fixing.
  • I've paid for the PC version on Steam already. But most of my enjoyment is going to be determined by whether they can fix the absolute terrible online play. To be fair I don't think the covid outbreak has helped, the internet has been under extra load everywhere. But I live in Singapore where there is actually a Fifa data centre, and my usual experience is AWFUL even though I am on a 1GB Fibre connection to my flat and play on ethernet on my LAN. Sometimes I win (I bounce around between Divisions 9 and 10 in Rivals right now) and sometimes I lose but the overall experience is DREADFUL. Stressful and unpleasant because you can't time anything when things are constantly speeding up and slowing down. I am positively looking forward to the wave of hate that is going to roll over EA when the Steam release hits, based on current form. They are sheltered by this forum and by the fact you can't post reviews on origin. But look on Reddit or FB and you will see what people really think of the gameplay experience Fifa has been providing. For a title that makes so much out of online play, EA have to do far, far better. I get disconnected from their servers even during local play in squad battles, never mind Rivals matches. It is a disgraceful mess. Don't get me started on pack odds. All I will say is never buy Fifa points, it is like paying someone to laugh in your face when they are already doing it for free. But above all, the servers are utterly, utterly broken.
  • Gromit
    4728 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2
    Probably retiring..... (almost certainly actually)

I bought every edition from 07 to 17 religiously on Playstation and had owned earlier editions on other consoles including the very first editions on the Megadrive. Discovered and fell in love with FUT in 12. Was totally hooked until 15 when I started to dislike it and 16 and 17 got progressively worse. Bronze and Silvers got pushed out and I spent half of my time playing those modes. I made the decision not to buy 18 which most of you know is a hard thing to do when you're addicted to a game or as in my case Fifa is the only game I really play. But I stuck to it and didn't buy 19 either. I continued to play 17 during that time to get my fix. It was only when 20 was released did the games start to dry up a bit.

I decided to give 20 a try and I think at launch it was a decent game, scoring was pretty hard and the game felt pretty rewarding to play. But after patches and overpowered special cards started to drop it returned to form. A total spam fest , based solely around high rated, overpowered cards. But I've stuck with it, enjoyed part of it, endured the rest. Its not the game I want, but its what we have.

That said, the biggest issue for me is just how utterly demanding the game is. I've played over 2.5k games and theres still months to go. Even when I adored FUT I only played 1500 to 2000 games per year. But the constant content means you either keep up or miss out, I've got a 94 rated team, by far the highest I've ever had and a glutton of 90+ rated cards on the sidelines. But the game is worse and less fun than back on 12 when I probably didn't have a single special card.

I'm too told, its too time consuming and its getting in the way of me doing other things and ulitmately, it isn't even very good.
  • tedski69
    202 posts Sunday League Hero
    It will be the same game. How many times do I have to remind people they pay $60+ for just a data update?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Loot boxes about to be banned in UK plus the new gen consoles gives me a bit of hope. Will most likely wait a month for the PS5 instead of buying it for PS4 though.
  • Knowlesdinho
    13373 posts Has That Special Something
    Stopped playing this edition in March and I've had no desire to return.

Game was ruined this year by grindy objectives. I didn't even attempt most of them, I just did the icon ones and enough to get the season rewards.

Even if you weren't doing objectives, they influenced every part of the game in rivals because others were doing them which often meant toxic behaviour.

I actually had more fun in WL this year, and would have happily played that mode all the time, but I don't have the time every weekend to spend playing 30 games.

I'll buy as always, but I'm not sure I'll dedicate as much time to it as I have done previously unless rivals is sorted out and not a relegation fest this time.
  • Dmb75
    715 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2
    And for all the reasons stated above....I’m out.
  • Kobayashi
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    FUT Founder only really playing as Furloughed so I'm playing in 'works time' on , back to work September, FIFA 21 is a no go, maybe FIFA 22 on ps5
  • Vaughanster88
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not for me, unless I read the reviews and find out that EA have built a game where the Actions on the screen actually reflect the buttons pressed on my controller or where EA haven't decided who has won before a ball is kicked.
  • browney1888
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ill be buying and playing it because i like football

i wont be pre loading any coins

i wont be buying any nonsense ultimate edition

just buying the base and playing it and seeing how the inevitable patches change the game
  • Tennster10
    2159 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Next WoW expansion will be out 2 months after Fifa 21 so all my time is going into that so won't be buying it.

Looking forward to TBC again!
  • Hopeful_but_nah
    49 posts Park Captain
    Not buying straight away (if I do get it).

Found this year was just too frustrating and unenjoyable, not going to rush out and pay top price for the same thing again. Enjoying playing other games that reward time and offer great gameplay. Sad this is the only real viable option for football.
  • NucksNation
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    Skipped 2020 till I had to buy it due to Covid staycation.. definitely buying 2021, even though it’s gonna be broken, it still lets me lose stress of the days work
  • Estaban
    1175 posts Professional
    I’ll wait until next gen.

Actually waited until mid May to get it for free to play from vault. stressful. I don’t really miss this.
  • Gazmac_868
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Skipped 2020 till I had to buy it due to Covid staycation.. definitely buying 2021, even though it’s gonna be broken, it still lets me lose stress of the days work

See that’s why I loved this game but these last couple of years have maybe been adding to my stress levels!