Most underutilized skill moves?

Comments

  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    RayS wrote: »
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    The okocha hop ?
    L1/LB + R3 while standing. Deadly with certain players.
    Also ballroll + R3 for immediate pace boost.

    Also also R3 while standing. Immediately turns into a volley which are severely Op this year

    I don't know the Okocha hop. Will give it a try. Yeah ball roll boost is great for 4* players. If you try it with a 5* skiler tho, he will just pop the ball up without a speed boost. Still useful for volleys.

    Haha the hop is fun. I think this is the Blanco hop.

    I'll try chaining this with a fake shot stop next time.
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    kraid wrote: »
    A nice combo is the ball roll into reverse step over and you get a huge speed boost.

    I can't figure this one out...
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    newguy wrote: »
    Someone on here told me to fake shot stop, elastico exit. It’s so op.

    I usually chain the fake shot stop into a roullete, but this is classier :)

    Next on the list for me
  • Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 15
    RayS wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    The okocha hop ?
    L1/LB + R3 while standing. Deadly with certain players.
    Also ballroll + R3 for immediate pace boost.

    Also also R3 while standing. Immediately turns into a volley which are severely Op this year

    I don't know the Okocha hop. Will give it a try. Yeah ball roll boost is great for 4* players. If you try it with a 5* skiler tho, he will just pop the ball up without a speed boost. Still useful for volleys.

    Haha the hop is fun. I think this is the Blanco hop.

    I'll try chaining this with a fake shot stop next time.

    Yes that's what I meant. Try it also in front of the box. L1 fakeshot so that you will exit facing the goal. And then L1 + R3. Time it right and you have a clear volley shot which are way more likely to go in than normal shots on certain angles.
    Worst case is a drop kick, which also sometimes behaves like a volley.

    Another one is the 3point turn while running away from opponents goal inside their box . If you do and time it right you shield the ball throughout the whole skill move, are allways between you opponent and the ball , and have a good near post angle.
  • TDOF
    2934 posts National Call-Up
    i'd say the hocus pocus, it can create a lot of space cause they'll almost bite everytime
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    Another example. Cutting in from the wing.

    ezgif-com-video-to-gif-16.gif
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    RayS wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    The okocha hop ?
    L1/LB + R3 while standing. Deadly with certain players.
    Also ballroll + R3 for immediate pace boost.

    Also also R3 while standing. Immediately turns into a volley which are severely Op this year

    I don't know the Okocha hop. Will give it a try. Yeah ball roll boost is great for 4* players. If you try it with a 5* skiler tho, he will just pop the ball up without a speed boost. Still useful for volleys.

    Haha the hop is fun. I think this is the Blanco hop.

    I'll try chaining this with a fake shot stop next time.

    Okay this is too fun :D
  • EekAlaska
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    RayS wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    What you think?

    One of them for me is the RB/R1 heel to heel that gives u separation to the left. Unfortunately they changed it from a 4* to a 5* skill this year. Mainly useful for a left footed or 5* WF player.

    TOTSSF Mahrez in the example below
    ezgif-com-video-to-gif-13.gif

    Care to share how to do it for us noobs?

    Sure! Just the regular heel to heel flick, so flick right stick forward and then back. But you hold RB/R1 while doing so.

    Looks nasty. I will need to start using that one.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    RayS wrote: »
    Another example. Cutting in from the wing.

    ezgif-com-video-to-gif-16.gif
    Nice one. I think it's about the only skill move that achieves breaking free between two defenders like that in that situation. Maybe a really well-timed scoop turn + knock-on or fake shot would work too, but here Rashford keeps the ball close to his feet while keeping momentum.
  • S-Dog
    2784 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish I took the time to learn certain skill moves, I can't even do a ball roll :D
  • Diem
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Drop shoulder fake while running.. if you’re facing a cdm or CB they will be left too far to recover

    How do you do this one? Gets me all the time...
  • EekAlaska
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is that 5* turn called where the player spins all the way around?

    I do it by accident about once a game, but would love to be able to just spam it even if I lose every single game.
  • Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    What is that 5* turn called where the player spins all the way around?

    I do it by accident about once a game, but would love to be able to just spam it even if I lose every single game.

    Waka waka
  • Jordi93
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    What is that 5* turn called where the player spins all the way around?

    I do it by accident about once a game, but would love to be able to just spam it even if I lose every single game.

    I do this by accident trying to do an elastico in bad connection. Sometimes it works out, sometimes you look like a complete noob juggling the right stick about 😂 find the ball roll to flick up can be useful against aggressive players but you can’t spam any skill moves or you just become predictable. Variety of play always seems to help me mixed in with croquettas, elastico, ball roll, scoop turns, not so many dragbacks now as people are always expecting them so just use left stick dribble more
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    Standing ball roll fake is handy too with the speed boost

    ezgif-com-video-to-gif-17.gif
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    Another good use of the modified heel to heel. This time to get the space for a square ball in the box

    ezgif-com-video-to-gif-18.gif
  • 16Townley90
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    Been loving some of the skills I seen in here. Thanks alot the v drag back thing or whatever you called it was great
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    Been loving some of the skills I seen in here. Thanks alot the v drag back thing or whatever you called it was great

    Glad you could make use of it! The v-dragback is especially deadly inside the box (especially coming in from the wing) because every little bit of misdirection can send the defender lunging in the wrong direction.
  • 16Townley90
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    RayS wrote: »
    Been loving some of the skills I seen in here. Thanks alot the v drag back thing or whatever you called it was great

    Glad you could make use of it! The v-dragback is especially deadly inside the box (especially coming in from the wing) because every little bit of misdirection can send the defender lunging in the wrong direction.

    I find it really tricky getting used to that other one holding R1 at the same time isn't normal to me so muscle memory isn't there and I end up pressing random ❤️❤️❤️❤️ lol.
  • newguy
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s possible to score long shots in this game! Just lay it off with R1 + direction
  • NattoPatrol
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    None it takes like 5 hours to learn one move
  • newguy
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 1
    .
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    newguy wrote: »
    It’s possible to score long shots in this game! Just lay it off with R1 + direction

    Huh what. I know the R1 layoff, but I didn't think it would make your shots any better 🤔
  • RayS wrote: »
    newguy wrote: »
    It’s possible to score long shots in this game! Just lay it off with R1 + direction

    Huh what. I know the R1 layoff, but I didn't think it would make your shots any better 🤔

    It makes them way better. Try it in arena

    Hard to pull off in game at a high level because it's slow to pull off
  • Diem
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    RayS wrote: »
    newguy wrote: »
    It’s possible to score long shots in this game! Just lay it off with R1 + direction

    Huh what. I know the R1 layoff, but I didn't think it would make your shots any better 🤔

    They called it the set-up touch. It's entire purpose was to make the subsequent shot the most effective/ best possible (see the original pitch notes for FIFA 20)
  • newguy
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    I learned a skill move by accident and really liked it, but then forgot how to do it. The best way I can describe it is a croquet a heel to heel mix?? Anyone know which one I’m talking about?
  • RayS
    31058 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 2
    newguy wrote: »
    I learned a skill move by accident and really liked it, but then forgot how to do it. The best way I can describe it is a croquet a heel to heel mix?? Anyone know which one I’m talking about?

    Maybe... Try this and see if it reproduces what you want:

    Fake shot while holding LT and holding the left stick in the direction you're running
  • newguy
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    RayS wrote: »
    newguy wrote: »
    I learned a skill move by accident and really liked it, but then forgot how to do it. The best way I can describe it is a croquet a heel to heel mix?? Anyone know which one I’m talking about?

    Maybe... Try this and see if it reproduces what you want:

    Fake shot while holding LT and holding the left stick in the direction you're running

    Not this one... I’ve tried everything but haven’t been able to recreate it. I think it’s 5 star skill, it’s horizontal like the heel to heel but not quite the same.

    If I had to guess how to do it it’s something like hold LB/RB and do something with RS
  • tommyboyo
    1657 posts Play-Off Hero
    drag back
  • nicitel32
    2756 posts Fans' Favourite
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    drag back

    funny :/
Sign In or Register to comment.