EA...California needs a server!!!!

golazo
1680 posts Fans' Favourite
Need to stop states like California, Nevada etc from matching up against the Mexico region. The west coast has had terrible play for years. A server will resolve this issue. also now if we still connect to the Mexican region we will at least have a close server to balance things out. California/west coast has the worst play of all the US. Los Angeles has plenty of game servers like COD etc. EA community needs one in the west coast.

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    5930 posts Big Money Move
    sure would be nice... just stick one right in San Jose ffs....
  • URBirdman
    1204 posts Professional
    Exactly, people in CA always have connection disadvantage in every game, especially when against Mexicans on the Mexico City server. There must be a server in CA!!!!!!
  • pekkaa88
    6637 posts Big Money Move
    I agree. And to make sure you dont match up against mexicans they should also build a huge firewall
  • ManC2020
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I would be open to that mate.

I moved to the bay area from the U.K and stopped playing DR simply because it's a waste of my time with the bloody lag.
  • URBirdman
    1204 posts Professional
    ManC2020 wrote: »

I moved to the bay area from the U.K and stopped playing DR simply because it's a waste of my time with the bloody lag.

the real issue is that it is NOT simply lag, it is pure connection disadvantage. If I lag but my opponent has the same lag, I'm totally fine with that, however, it is not the case in CA. The opponents (mostly Mexicans) are live close to the Mexico City server and have less delay, and more importantly, they know they have connection advantage, so they activate high pressure and exploit the glitch the make CA people's delay even worse.
  • purplegoldfish
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yup. Its depressing
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2250 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not just a server in California, but multiple servers across the US are needed. Just take a look at the size of the states versus all of Europe, and the amount of servers therein...

US-Europe-size-comparison.jpg
  • D0lvl
    3120 posts National Call-Up
    URBirdman wrote: »
    ManC2020 wrote: »

the real issue is that it is NOT simply lag, it is pure connection disadvantage. If I lag but my opponent has the same lag, I'm totally fine with that, however, it is not the case in CA. The opponents (mostly Mexicans) are live close to the Mexico City server and have less delay, and more importantly, they know they have connection advantage, so they activate high pressure and exploit the glitch the make CA people's delay even worse.

yup. When the mexicans are down, they pause the game, or turn on team press and all goes to ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Kamilflage
    6192 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 29
    I'm living in east coast and constantly matching up against south and central americans....its not just California
  • URBirdman
    1204 posts Professional
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    I'm living in east coast and constantly matching up against south and central americans....its not just California

you lucky not fighting against Mexicans on the Mexico City server...
  • Gnomenclature
    edited June 30
    Its completely unplayable here. I haven't even had decent bad gameplay since last week. I don't understand... I am sick and tired of having to quit every other match because I can't move my players.

The constant stuttering frame rates is unbearable - lag compensation? I am hardwired on 200mbs... its totally ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

People in californing are both connecting to Mexico City.

as far as I can tell, the closet server to me is Portland Oregon which is about 1000 miles away.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2250 posts Fans' Favourite

When i played to unlock the bruno and mendy cards, all i played were those from mexico and brazil...

I live on the east coast of the states, if theres a server closer to me than the mexico city/brazil servers, why havent I, as well as countless others im sure, connected to it 🤔
  • URBirdman
    1204 posts Professional

When i played to unlock the bruno and mendy cards, all i played were those from mexico and brazil...

I live on the east coast of the states, if theres a server closer to me than the mexico city/brazil servers, why havent I, as well as countless others im sure, connected to it 🤔

So you play rivals... You know rivals matches are full of Mexicans, right...? They just play way more matches than typical US people do, I guess that's why you are east coast but still match them in rivals. About why on Mexican City server, who knows, many EA just love giving Mexicans connection advantage...
  • NucksNation
    2156 posts Fans' Favourite
    They heard you folks and already designed it.. perhaps for 2021, right by the coast.

48ff5ee85253b5fe42818ed2f1d635c2.jpg
  • golazo
    1680 posts Fans' Favourite
    They heard you folks and already designed it.. perhaps for 2021, right by the coast.

That’s just a pic of the servers now. Smh
  • Gnomenclature

Looks like an upgrade on the antique hamster wheel theyve been using for the last 20 years...
  • Estaban
    1175 posts Professional
    Where are the servers anyway. I’m CA based.
  • URBirdman
    1204 posts Professional
    Estaban wrote: »
    Where are the servers anyway. I’m CA based.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa20-game-data-center

I'm also in CA and it seems that most games are on the Mexico City server against Mexicans.