OT: What's the point in swapping Arthur to Pjanic?

barryw
2138 posts Fans' Favourite
I just don't get it. Very stupid decision IMO.
Your thoughts?

Comments

• hiya
    1738 posts Play-Off Hero
    creative accounting probably
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    4* skills.
  • TDOF
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    They're balancing the books
  • iGainZ
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    Barca made profit economically speaking with that swap.

I’m not quite sure which the exact term is in English, sorry. Could be ‘capital gain’?

So it was a matter of that + Pjanic could be better value for the next year.

Still.. bad decision IMO.
  • im very happy tbh. Pjanic is lethargic and lazy and its unbelievable to me that someone wants to pay 60+M for him.
    Arthur maybe good or not but getting rid of pjanic is the main goal here.

its a financial operation that fix some accounting issues for both teams.
    Still i think its a fantastic deal mostly for juve
  • barryw
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    im very happy tbh. Pjanic is lethargic and lazy and its unbelievable to me that someone wants to pay 60+M for him.
    Arthur maybe good or not but getting rid of pjanic is the main goal here.

its a financial operation that fix some accounting issues for both teams.
    Still i think its a fantastic deal mostly for juve

Yeah good for Juventus for sure.
  • Saiber_Summia
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 29
    hiya wrote: »

Exactly that. Financial doping (rubentus practices both financial and physical doping, by the way)
  • Izzy2K17
    12030 posts Has That Special Something
    Stupid move be Barca imo (on the field) Arthur is young with potential, Pjanic has only a couple of years left
  • SR8
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 29
    If you don't agree with Messi, you're out.

• Scu11duggery
    1154 posts Professional
    It has to do with amortized value to each club and financial fair play rules. This is also why they rushed to announce it in June. That way it counts towards this year's figures and allows them more room to maneuver under FFP rules.
  • CycloMusic10
    898 posts Professional
    Pjanic have more rating, and the 4* skills.
    But that pjanic will have like 60 pace next fifa, save this message.

Jokes aside, VARcelona needed to make a sale to balance the books, and they did that
  • Mogga
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    Watched a documentary about juve and pjanic came across as a nice bloke. I can not vouch for Arthur's character
  • Ishibum
    14605 posts World Class

It's exactly this. When you buy a player, you put it in your accounts spread over the length of the contract (i.e. if you buy someone for 25 mill and give a 5 year contract, it'll show on the books as a 5 mill expense every year). When you sell a player, the full amount is reported in that year's accounts.
  • TDOF
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    Now Barca will be able to get Neymar or Lautaro Martinez or maybe even both, since they'll fit into FFP rules
  • mhh1981
    3525 posts National Call-Up
    Considering pjanic is also 30 it seems a crazy deal - but as above, it’s more to do with finances and how the accounts will read this year and next.
  • Jimmyb83
    1157 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »

It's exactly this. When you buy a player, you put it in your accounts spread over the length of the contract (i.e. if you buy someone for 25 mill and give a 5 year contract, it'll show on the books as a 5 mill expense every year). When you sell a player, the full amount is reported in that year's accounts.

Bingo! Meaning they can both show a profit, on paper.